Online Shut Down 10/31/2020

DEI2EK

49 minutes ago, KON007 said:

So don't start this game when there are only a couple of weeks left for the server, since you could potentially screw yourself over by doing this.

I misread as well, the shutdown is October 31st, not September 31st... so more than 2 weeks.

Edited by Slamma

Is PS+ required for the Scrap Crew stuff? Also, are those challenges the ones that can permanently wreck a save? Don't know much about the game except it being a glitchy shithole that turned from "unobtainable" to "very glitchy with a possibility of ruined save".

2 minutes ago, Varhur said:

Is PS+ required for the Scrap Crew stuff? Also, are those challenges the ones that can permanently wreck a save? Don't know much about the game except it being a glitchy shithole that turned from "unobtainable" to "very glitchy with a possibility of ruined save".

PS Plus isn't needed to get this trophy but if you don't get these 2 specific challenges done before Halloween, the Plat will be unobtainable.

1 minute ago, HuntingFever said:

PS Plus isn't needed to get this trophy but if you don't get these 2 specific challenges done before Halloween, the Plat will be unobtainable.

I heard that even after the plat-fixing patch, the game is still highly glitchy and bad decision can require repeating entire game, where do I find more about this?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Varhur said:

I heard that even after the plat-fixing patch, the game is still highly glitchy and bad decision can require repeating entire game, where do I find more about this?

The game has been a mess since launch and the patches didn't do anything except make the situation worse but the biggest bug is the 190/191 locations found glitch that Amphiprion11513 talked about in the first page of this thread. Here's the video he referenced:

There are a lot of other issues as well e.g. Scrap containers that won't open no matter what you do, locations that refuse to register etc. so make lots of saves and backups in case something does go horribly wrong.

12 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

The game has been a mess since launch and the patches didn't do anything except make the situation worse but the biggest bug is the 190/191 locations found glitch that Amphiprion11513 talked about in the first page of this thread. Here's the video he referenced:

There are a lot of other issues as well e.g. Scrap containers that won't open no matter what you do, locations that refuse to register etc. so make lots of saves and backups in case something does go horribly wrong.

So, should I save before looting locations? Or more often than that?

2 minutes ago, BSKkayfabe said:

I'm just kinda giggling because no one would have given Mad Max so much attention if the servers weren't shutting down, as is how everyone acts when ANY games servers shut down, even if it's a game they wouldn't have played twice, frantically running around trying to complete it in a month and half when everyone's had ample YEARS to complete it. I've been playing it on and off for a couple years and finished those challenges in little less than afternoon. It should take you guys MAYBE a day or two, don't fret.....

That's assuming they don't run into any other issues this game has been known to have. 

That said, this was a really fun game I I highly encourage everyone that has it to try to get the plat as soon as possible before it's unattainable. 

• Like 2

Yikes, it looks like the notorious "191 scavenging locations" are part of the same trophy as scrap crews. This means you can do the scrap crews before server shutdown but still be screwed out of the trophy and thus the play.

So can anyone describe a method to minimize the risk of doing this, and ideally how to create a backup save early enough that you can bank the scrap crews challenge while reducing likelihood of missing out on the scavenging locations later?

Edited by RNumbers

19 minutes ago, RNumbers said:

Yikes, it looks like the notorious "191 scavenging locations" are part of the same trophy as scrap crews. This means you can do the scrap crews before server shutdown but still be screwed out of the trophy and thus the play.

So can anyone describe a method to minimize the risk of doing this, and ideally how to create a backup save early enough that you can bank the scrap crews challenge while minimizing risk for missing out on the scavenging locations later?

The video in my post a few posts above this one, has a video Guide to avoiding that glitch :).

35 minutes ago, Varhur said:

So, should I save before looting locations? Or more often than that?

Both but I would make backups at least once every hour or two after double checking your stats to make sure they tally correctly and haven't glitched out.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

The video in my post a few posts above this one, has a video Guide to avoiding that glitch :).

Both but I would make backups at least once ever hour or two after double checking your stats to make sure they tally correctly and haven't glitched out.

What stats should I check? Not only locations, right?

4 minutes ago, RolandMate said:

Can those challenges be completed right at the start of the game without earning any trophy? 

Nah. You get access to scrap crews once you reach first Stronghold or something like that. Needless to say, you can easily get it done before the server shutdown. But if the infamous 190/191 bug appears, you are done.

1 scrap crew generates 500 scrap (it's also capped at 500) in roughly 50 hours of offline time.

Edited by HusKy

Geez

I keep telling myself “PS4 online trophies are fine for now” but no they aren’t. I’m glad I got this game done a while ago. It was really fun for me. Besides some frame rate drops in the wasteland I don’t think I ran into any problems. I kept a close watch on the locations but it worked as intended. People should have plenty of time to finish the entire game (just in case of bugs/glitches) if they start it soon.

• Like 1