Which was your hardest trophy to get and why? (No Platinum)

Julius Spin

On 5-10-2020 at 6:15 AM, TheDragonfly44 said:

Modern Warfare Remastered: The Shot (Complete 'All Ghillied Up' and 'One Shot, One Kill' on Veteran difficulty) I cant say Mile High Club because I was unable to do that legit, but the final part of One Shot One Kill was an absolute hell I wasn't prepared for. 

I think I know how you feel, that Modern Warfare Veteran part was tough as nails.

I consider myself a very decent MW player, even online, but I don't know how far I wouldve come if they didnt have checkpoints in the missions,

some parts felt like a Relay race, just get to the checkpoint, like one hell at a time, haha.

Good job getting the mission done. ; )

• 6 months later...

50 headshots in Witcher 3, back in day, I tried to do this almostly blind because my glasses were repairing.
100 wins in Rogue Company since I weaker shooter than Stormtrooper.
Time trials in MW1 and MW2 (both remakes).
Collecting million REP in 1 night NFS Heat.

• Like 3

Hard to pick just one, so I’ll go top 3:

Wuppo - Boss Run: Impossible (0.80%)

Complete the Boss Run without buying items from Tein or Raab’s store

• Surgeon Simulator - Best Surgeon in the World (0.64%)

Get an A++ rating on all procedures

• Futuridium EP Deluxe - Classic Smasher (0.10%)

Complete Classic Mode on a single credit

• Like 2

Billionaire! - Collect a billion studs From Lego Worlds. 

Not hard just the most grindy trophy I went for.

It took me 6 hours for two days to get it. 3 hours hitting X one day and then 3 hours hitting X the next day.

Designer's Delight from that game was also a grind trying to find the final 4 bricks I needed. 4 hours opening treasure chests for the final four.

• Like 1

L6f16fa.png

12L7dafdf.png

Heroic Survivor - Complete all missions on Elite difficulty level

Of all the games I can think of, this is the one that comes to my mind. It's been nine years since I did this, and it still stands as one of the toughest things I've done in gaming. I probably don't even have to explain why. The name of that trophy pretty much says it all. Since I don't play FPS games too much, that might explain why it was so hard. Not to mention, I was also pretty much of a beginner back then as I was getting used to the PS3. If I did it nowadays, it might be less harder, but I'm pretty sure some levels will be hard, mainly the final battle.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MrGarland said:

L6f16fa.png

12L7dafdf.png

Heroic Survivor - Complete all missions on Elite difficulty level

Of all the games I can think of, this is the one that comes to my mind. It's been nine years since I did this, and it still stands as one of the toughest things I've done in gaming. I probably don't even have to explain why. The name of that trophy pretty much says it all. Since I don't play FPS games too much, that might explain why it was so hard. Not to mention, I was also pretty much of a beginner back then as I was getting used to the PS3. If I did it nowadays, it might be less harder, but I'm pretty sure some levels will be hard, mainly the final battle.

I heard you could cheese Radec. But most people couldn’t beat him legit on Elite.

The trophy for scoring in the top 1 percent in multiplayer for any given week would of put an end to my platinum journey.

On 7/17/2021 at 7:53 PM, AJ_Radio said:

The trophy for scoring in the top 1 percent in multiplayer for any given week would of put an end to my platinum journey.

Yeah, that's a wild one.  I still see people cheating this trophy in the dispute threads and trying to pretend like they got it "right before" the servers shut down.  What they don't know (because they didn't actually achieve it) is that that trophy was so hard that people on this site recorded every single person in the top 1% for like the last 12 weeks of the game, from the in-game leaderboards.  If you aren't on it, you didn't get it :)

• 3 weeks later...

Practice Makes Perfect! from Crash 1.  Like Crash 1 was not designed with speed runs in mind.  And The High Road with the different hitboxes.  I knew I could skip a level since I was doing Stormy Ascent.  But I wanted aaalllll the relics.  I spent like seven hours on The High Road alone.

And Deflowered from Drakengard 3.  Yea, let's throw a random rhythm game in finale of a 3D Beat-em 'up with dodgy frame rate at best.  And let's get the camera man drunk too.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Guitar Hero: Metallica - 575k in Creeping Death on Expert was one such trophy that I felt like I had evolved once it popped.

Guitar Hero Hits - 4* Through the Fire and Flames on Expert & hitting every note in Raining Blood sequences on expert too are ones I could never replicate now the closer to frailty I get with age.

Uncharted 4 Survival - ***SOLO*** On co-op this probably isn't as daunting, but on solo you're really in for a buggering.

Every single CoD 100% - Unlocking Reznov on Solo on BO4, countless zombie Easter Eggs, do I really need to explain?

• Like 3

On 28/9/2020 at 0:15 AM, Nightstream88 said:

Rayman Legends- Truly Awesome Trophy(I wouldn't say that it is hard, but grindy playing 80+ days in a row getting Gold Trophies really drains you after a while, and I was coming close on wanting to snap the disc in  half too.
 I wouldn't say that would be a rage snap, more of a not feel like playing it anymore snap.

I played it too, not disc version, but the psplus for ps4

so I can't rage snapping the entire console in half

?

even more exhausting, as I wanted to plat it before my daughter born (since I wouldn't have time after that) and after i plat it she decided to born a month earlier than expected

?

• Like 1

Pacifist - Hyper Scape: This was super daunting, as it took me like 3 days of full grind to actually being able to get this one. You must win a match in the battle royale game without killing. A mix between camping, good at evading enemies and know how to use your perks. It daunted me because the game died so soon that I was super afraid that this would be harder; and indeed it is. Days after I got the trophy, devs updated it to make the trophy more annoying. I was super relieved once I got rid of it. 

Masterminds - GTA V: I can recall that this one was super epic, mostly because it's super hard (once you play it first time). I was overwhelmed by real life issues, and moreover, this gave me loads of unnecessary stress to point it out. Anyway, the known requirements for this single trophy are insane, and my team including me, it took us around 2 months of grind to manage to do it. Even though, when the trophy popped I literally cried; like finally all mine effort and the others paid off plus the things in my life started to fall into place again. It was a nightmare, and this gave me insights about how to properly tackle challenges like this caliber from then onwards on other games and stuff. You must be fully equipped, ready to know what to do and expect many fails but endure the learning curve to finally succeed.  

• Like 3

28La7b147.png

Lumines Remastered

Black Belt Champion

Win against the CPU without using any retries

(Took me like a year of trying to get this one!)

17L883217.png

Shatter

The Boss

Defeat Boss Rush Mode in Under 10 Minutes

(A tough nut to crack - and I distinctly remember getting a time of 10:00:41 at one point, and watching my soul escape my body)

14Lea0354.png

Big Sky Infinity

King of the Skies

Classic Mode - Defeat all bosses in one round!

(So much randomness involved here, and so much bullet-hell...)

• Like 2

One that don't get much recognation is Motorstorm pacific rift. 

50L583de8.png

Legend
Reach Online rank 5 (Legend)

I did this trophy legit. One of the most competetive online games ive played. Many were good and some even used glitches. On top of that you could get dethrone in ranks and to even make progress you had to finish like top 3

• Like 2