Name #1 game you would like to platinum but don't possess the skill level to obtain it?

YeWeeScumBag

Trackmania Turbo. I'm sure I could, with enough effort, since a lot of it is just track memorization, but I don't want to put the 50+ hours I'm sure it would take for me to finish the black level tracks. By the time I stopped, it was taking 2+ hours per track and I just don't have that patience in me. I keep saying, "someday", but... eh.

Edited by Darling Baphomet
  • Like 1

I think I will add a new reply here, because it's a game from my actual backlog: Catherine. The PS3 one, not Full Body.

I can barely deal with this game on Normal, how the heck am I supposed to do Hard mode/Tower of Babel/Axis Mundi/whatever modes are there? xD 

And maybe it wouldn't be that difficult normally, but Catherine is also one of those games that make me want to throw the controller at the TV and quit gaming altogether(and I really am patient with my games) so yeah...not sure if I should even bother with this one anymore. It's just way too frustrating for me.

• Like 1

Super Meat Boy for sure. I don't wanna rage anymore while gaming so this Plat is pretty much unobtainable for me. There's so many great games to play, so it's not worth losing rest of my mental health for just one Platinum.

Most games that I have decided to skip out on (to play on either Xbox, Switch or an alt) are because of ridiculous plat requirements that I just don't want to waste time on (Red Dead Redemption II is an example of this)- I have a backlog the size of Lake Michigan and I'm almost certain that I will die before I get around to all of it. Not even plats- in Kingdom Hearts III I just do not have the time or will to put in to learning how to counter every move of Yozora in the ReMind DLC. You get two different endings depending on the battle's outcome so I'm satisfied that I completed that story even though I lost and missed out on a single trophy (not even a Gold ffs).

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Copanele said:

I think I will add a new reply here, because it's a game from my actual backlog: Catherine. The PS3 one, not Full Body.

I can barely deal with this game on Normal, how the heck am I supposed to do Hard mode/Tower of Babel/Axis Mundi/whatever modes are there? xD 

And maybe it wouldn't be that difficult normally, but Catherine is also one of those games that make me want to throw the controller at the TV and quit gaming altogether(and I really am patient with my games) so yeah...not sure if I should even bother with this one anymore. It's just way too frustrating for me.

maybe its one of those "git gud" games ?

had to. But you saved me a purchase lmaooo

Gran Turismo 5.

I don't have the infiltration skills to break into Polyphony Digital studio's offices to steal the multiplayer server source code thereby allowing me to create a faux-server to lie to the game so that I can get the online trophies.

• Like 1

Tetris Effect. Been playing it non stop on my Series X because of Gamepass so I decided to look up the trophy requirements and cried because I'll never get close to SS ranking anything, all I get is constant C's ?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Copanele said:

For those who have this platinum, which one is harder to do, the Babel stages trophy or getting gold on hard mode? Cuz I was managing the latter up until stage 5 or 6 I think, in 2015.

Edited by Eraezr

Not even joking or meme-ing, I'd somewhat like to have the dedication to go through the Ratalaika catalogue just for the hell of it to bump my numbers considering so many in my circles have done a bunch of them, I'm like the only person I know who doesn't have any of those games xD

Thing is, I just don't have that tolerance or mental resistance to plough through many bad games. I can watch other people play them, I've enjoyed Steam dumpster diving streams on Twitch but to actually play through them all myself, I don't think I could... Maybe if I had a group of friends to joke around with or something whilst I did each one, but otherwise it's something I think is impossible for me to do alone.

I know it's not the 'skill' that people think of when they see this kind of thread, but that dedication is a skill in its own right. It's out of my skill level in that regard, I just can't. 

As for 'skill' in the other sense, I guess I'd love to be able to complete a difficult rythym game at some point in the future. I can't think of anything specific, but it's a genre I'm weakest at and I've certainly never contemplated fully completing one as they'd most likely be way out of my league.

Any other challenge I feel I can overcome regardless how hard it may be as long as I'm willing to put in the effort.

• Like 1

Some of the games people listed here are ones I've done such as Super Meat Boy. That was the game that told me I can achieve a lot of hard accomplishments if I so much as put in the time and effort, even if it takes a solid 50 - 100 hours for just a few trophies. Most of everyone would of given up long before then as that is a time frame only the most extreme and hardcore of trophy hunters would even bother with dedicating towards.

Surgeon Simulator, Atari Flashback Classics Vol 1 and OlliOlli2 I achieved through perseverance and gradually chipping away at the trophy lists. Even though I have some respectable accomplishments such as getting every trophy in Sonic Mania in just over four hours (I'm rank 4th in fastest achievers out of over 100,000 game owners and over 3000 who have done all the trophies), I am nowhere near the best in terms of skill or doing actual speedrunning. I slip up a lot, I fail a lot, I generally procrastinate more times than I care to admit. I don't brag about my achievements, as everyone has different skill sets and what someone is good at, someone else isn't so great in doing.

Capcom Arcade Cabinet is one of the most brutally difficult trophy lists I've ever gone for, but I know that even I can get everything in it if I practice, be patient and play a little bit consistently every few days.

My main bothersome game is DOOM 2, which I mentioned very recently on another topic. Nightmare Co-Op trophy is holding me back and I'm going to try to downgrade to an earlier version of the game using the PSX Download Helper. I tested this on Surgeon Simulator and I can confirm downgrading works effectively. There is a way to get a specific version update but I need to do more research on that before I can test it out.

Edited by AJ_Radio
  • Like 3