Name #1 game you would like to platinum but don't possess the skill level to obtain it?

YeWeeScumBag

Crash Team Racing

I plan to go back and clean up all of the other trophies I can, but I just do not have the skill to chain the drift boosting. I spent hours practicing and just can't get the hang of it.

I actually think I'll have a much better chance with Crash 4 than CTR, but I've made my peace with not having that CTR Platinum. 

Bloodborne and God of War for me.... 

Bloodborne I can beat the bosses so far (though got stuck and eventually gave up at the 3 death wizards in robes... The hordes get me!

God of War its the Valkyrie Queen... No matter what I tried just couldnt do it... The one time I practically had it she did a 4th launch! after all the research I did I was led to believe she doesnt do that! Called it at that point...

Lost Planet 2

This is probably the only platinum I’ve attempted where it felt out of react back in the PS3 days. Getting nr. 1 WR in any of the training missions is no joke and on top of that, the massive grinding. The more time went by, the harder the WR’s were to beat so I didn’t bother. 

I have more patience with difficult challenges now compared to back then, so maybe I would have given it more time if I had the same amount of patience back when it was released.

If I may name one more game that I didn't even start yet but I know I have no chance with it, it would be Koihime Enbu Ryorairai. I don't shy away from challenges in a fighting game but man... That game scares me big time. I know for sure I have 0 chance of completing it given the absurd amount of requirements. 

Still considering starting it though, because why the hell not. 

On 11/10/2020 at 0:43 AM, Copanele said:

If I may name one more game that I didn't even start yet but I know I have no chance with it, it would be Koihime Enbu Ryorairai. I don't shy away from challenges in a fighting game but man... That game scares me big time. I know for sure I have 0 chance of completing it given the absurd amount of requirements. 

Still considering starting it though, because why the hell not. 

Less than 2000 game owners, yet the platinum is a sub 1 percent in rarity.

Let's be real here, we all know Koreans and Japanese are better skilled and better talented gamers than Americans and to a lesser extent Europeans.

Koihime Enbu Ryorairai is to fighting games what Splasher is to platformers. Incredibly niche and mostly obscure outside of the select few who know about them, but insanely difficult. I think the name itself is enough for me to say "Stay the fuck away from this game and never play it".

That's why I stuck with Tekken. Not exactly a cakewalk, but more than doable for a casual fighting game player like myself, who isn't looking for bragging rights or sinking his teeth into a difficult challenge.

• Like 2

On 4.11.2020 at 5:54 AM, Smiddy23 said:

God of War its the Valkyrie Queen... No matter what I tried just couldnt do it... The one time I practically had it she did a 4th launch! after all the research I did I was led to believe she doesnt do that! Called it at that point...

You gotta keep trying, you'll be able to beat her eventually I promise you that. I was struggling really hard myself but managed to do it. The rewards like the platinum itself and the avatars you get are worth the pain!!

If patience and resilience are a skill, then there's quite a few. But one that has been bothering me lately is Star Ocean 4. I only have 1% on this account, and I'd like to attempt filling it out (I had about 50% of the trophies on my first account) but the road to platinum is absolutely egregious with having to get the majority of battle trophies. People who have gotten it say its taken them half a year to complete. I just dont have it in me. Let alone its multiple playthroughs of an already extremely long game.

Not to say I dont have some patience and resilience. One of my proudest platinums is birth by sleep, which is quite a BS platinum all around. But it pales in comparison to something like star ocean. ?

Maybe someday I'll try to at least fill out most of the trophies, but I also hate the idea of dedicating a bunch of time to get most of the trophies and not all. It might just sit at 1% forever, who knows. ?

On 12/11/2020 at 1:13 PM, xDerErnst said:

You gotta keep trying, you'll be able to beat her eventually I promise you that. I was struggling really hard myself but managed to do it. The rewards like the platinum itself and the avatars you get are worth the pain!!

Caved when I got soooo close and failed after like 50 odd previous attempts... Clearly just isnt for me.

Whoever manages that shit on a high difficulty is a masochist!

1 hour ago, kingjavs said:

If patience and resilience are a skill, then there's quite a few. But one that has been bothering me lately is Star Ocean 4. I only have 1% on this account, and I'd like to attempt filling it out (I had about 50% of the trophies on my first account) but the road to platinum is absolutely egregious with having to get the majority of battle trophies. People who have gotten it say its taken them half a year to complete. I just dont have it in me. Let alone its multiple playthroughs of an already extremely long game.

That’s not to mention that there are missables and if you don’t have earlier saves to rely on, you are royally fucked. 

I will just say NO to Star Ocean. Looks awesome and all, but I just don’t have the energy to put that much time into a game like that.

15 hours ago, kingjavs said:

Not to say I dont have some patience and resilience. One of my proudest platinums is birth by sleep, which is quite a BS platinum all around. But it pales in comparison to something like star ocean. 1f605.png

Maybe someday I'll try to at least fill out most of the trophies, but I also hate the idea of dedicating a bunch of time to get most of the trophies and not all. It might just sit at 1% forever, who knows. 1f643.png

I played Star Ocean: The Last Hope (4) when it first came out without really having trophies in mind at the time. The fact that I beat the game with only having the trophy for 15% of the battle trophies tells you something. From what I remember, it wasn't a bad RPG, but the trophy list is brutal and according to the guide it's a 9/10 difficulty and estimated 400 hours. I couldn't get into Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness, but that one also looks like a long slog. I'll maybe give it another chance some day. 

On 10/30/2020 at 3:25 AM, IIISurvivorIII said:

Ice Age 3. Not because i'm not good enough. It's an easy game.

But because i rented it years ago and now it's sitting on my list with 50% or something and now it's gotten so expensive to buy this old ass game that it not worth it

I'm so sick of those stupid price increases on worthless games.

6 minutes ago, charxsetsuna said:

Downwell, I would love to have this plat as I really like the game . But I'm just not good enough.1f602.png

You are good enough you just have to play it until you get it.  It is easily the most frustrated I have ever been with a game I played it for about 50-60 hours before finally managing it but the final run felt more like luck than anything. My first time I tried it years ago I couldn't even beat the first level but after much practice the game definitely gets easier.  You just need to think of it as a 50+ hour platinum and not something you can quickly do and eventually you will get it I have faith.

Another game that comes to mind which I have a love/hate relationship with is Catherine (Not sure how Full Body is in comparison). I love the story but suck when it comes to the gameplay, which isn't surprising considering puzzles ain't my strong suit. 

Fall Guys Ultimate Knockout
I like the game, but that infallible trophy is brutal I can barely get a two episode win streak and they want 5. Although I would say this trophy is mostly luck rather than luck.
Maybe if it was in every final episode round you appear then your streak continues than I wouldn't have to worry about my team not being good, then would probably only have myself to blame for the most part unless I get random balls getting stuck in Fall Mountain and hitting me again. 
 Then there is the Squad Goals trophy I haven't gotten yet either, haven't made an attempt on that yet since I seen no point since I don't have infallible trophy yet.
 Otherwise I might pick Crash Bandicoot 4.
 I do have the platinum trophies to first three games and found those  hard enough, so if Crash 4 is harder than the first three it might be a bit rough, but I also haven't attempted it yet either.

On 11/3/2020 at 8:54 PM, Smiddy23 said:

Bloodborne and God of War for me.... 

Bloodborne I can beat the bosses so far (though got stuck and eventually gave up at the 3 death wizards in robes... The hordes get me!

Shadows of yarnham was the hardest boss for me in Bloodborne for sure my first playthrough I was stuck on them for days.  You'll get them eventually.