Online Shutdown DID Affect Trophies

GamingWithFlacy

Complete it, why put it off any longer? The game hasn't recieved a proper patch in forever, it still has very serious issues including game breaking bugs and save corruption. Who would seriously expect them to out out a patch to make it offline only when they wouldn't even bother to spend the money to fix an already broken game.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Darghel said:

After reading that I just got into the game too. I had plans to play it someday, but after hearing the online shutdown, I thought i should go in earlier.

The game is honestly pretty good, I'm having a lot of fun, but I heard of the bugs that can lock you out of the platinum, and while the online trophy isn't super difficult to get right away, I'm super scared to get in a locked save where my file can't take the platinum. 

For now I'll keep playing, do what I can, and as soon as I get that challenge done I'll make a save, but I might restart the game real quick, do the same shit but without actually collecting stuff, and then try again. 

I hope someone can at least tell me the game is working better than before and that bugs are rare, because honestly, it's the bugs that are scaring me more.

It's quite alot of play that you'll need. It was my last trophy that I got for it. 

The servers effect 2 challenges but the actual trophy is to complete all challenges which requires pretty much completing the game

53 minutes ago, JiII-Valentine-- said:

I had a feeling the server shutdown wouldn't affect the trophy. Now I have confirmation.

No you don't. Just read the "email". It's an standard response. Do you think they'll fix the scavenging glitch 2 weeks before closing? Yeah, no.

• Like 4

Just to add my two cents, I wouldn't advise waiting. Until October 31st comes around, it's totally in your own hands. You can get the platinum with no questions or worries, and complete the game after that date if needs be, so long as you have the scrap challenges.

We as trophy hunters should know well enough by now that devs can't always be trusted on trophies and nothing can be taken for 100% certainty.

If its in your backlog, do the game now, or at least the online requirements. Because it'll be useless starting a thread after the fact, blaming WB, if the server closure does indeed make the platinum unobtainable. 

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, JiII-Valentine-- said:

I had a feeling the server shutdown wouldn't affect the trophy. Now I have confirmation.

Nah, i would to tell you they will not fix it. Server online will effect on trophy, so maybe will be unobtainable on 31 Oct 2020. I work hard to earn that trophy before server shutdown. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, JiII-Valentine-- said:

They said you need an internet connection to collect scrap. No one said it's tied to the server. People just assumed it was. You could get scrap by just logging in. Anyway, no point arguing about it. We'll see when they turn the servers off.

You could very well be right. Or you could be wrong. I see no reason to risk it. It's only a couple of hours of playtime to unlock 3 crews and rake in the points every day without any trouble.

• Like 3

Just now, pinkrobot_pb said:

You could very well be right. Or you could be wrong. I see no reason to risk it. It's only a couple of hours of playtime to unlock 3 crews and rake in the points every day without any trouble.

I agree with you. I've already done the challenge and made multiple back up saves just in case. I'm not trying to discourage anyone from playing the game. I just have a gut feeling people are being super paranoid about it, which is what tends to happen whenever there is a server shutdown.

• Like 1

So I have the 4 scrap crews right now farming my scrap.

That one shipping container I have opened and have gotten the scrap out of it.

What do I need to watch out for with the 190/191 glitch. I haven't keep a manual tally of the places I have looted so far.

1 hour ago, ZeromusF4 said:

What do I need to watch out for with the 190/191 glitch. I haven't keep a manual tally of the places I have looted so far.

What I make sure to do whenever I pick up the last piece of scrap or relic at the location is stand still until Saving... icon stops flashing. You do not want to risk falling off of something - there are plenty of pick up locations that are tricky and can cost Max his life. Do not pick up the last item until all enemies are killed, because you do not need some AI blowing you up accidentally while you are completing the location. Then, after every completed location just do the quick math. Do location totals in Challenges equal to location totals in Statistics? if yes, you are good. Make a new save file every 5-10 locations and back it all up on a usb stick or cloud at the end of the day. It's a pretty easy one to avoid if you know what you are doing. 

I also just heard not to do a scrap location as your last item of the day before you turn off your system, as auto-saving can lag a bit. Do something else for a few minutes - maybe drive around and destroy a few enemy vehicles, then travel to stronghold and save. 

• Like 2

Even if this turns out to be true, I'm kind of glad this mess lit a fire under me to finally platinum the game. It was taking up space on my HDD for years.

I wouldn't trust a support rep, though. You can easily finish the game in a week or so.

• Like 2

Someone brought up a good point. Do you still get scrap without a WB account linked? You could easily test this out by unlinking to WB from menu. And if you get scraps well its possible after "server" down.

4 minutes ago, NERVergoproxy said:

Someone brought up a good point. Do you still get scrap without a WB account linked? You could easily test this out by unlinking to WB from menu. And if you get scraps well its possible after "server" down.

I don't have a linked account and am still getting the scrap crew scrap 

19 minutes ago, NERVergoproxy said:

Never once have I linked a WB account before starting the game, so definitely doable without one. If the statement is indeed legit, then we may very well not be seeing a complete shutdown of their servers for the scrap crew challenges, which is potentially great for people who haven’t started the game yet. 

10 hours ago, HoorayForTyler said:

Never once have I linked a WB account before starting the game, so definitely doable without one. If the statement is indeed legit, then we may very well not be seeing a complete shutdown of their servers for the scrap crew challenges, which is potentially great for people who haven’t started the game yet. 

The game's servers will be completely shut down.

The only reason I can think of for Scrap Crew maybe still working would be if it queries some other server to get an authoritative datetime rather than relying on the PS4's internal time, which players could adjust forward manually to exploit the system and farm scrap quickly. The time discrepancy would then likely crash the game or corrupt the save file when players set said timer back to the correct time.

That seems like an odd detail for support to know about though, so do the smart thing and get those challenges done before the shutdown :)

Edited by LoughNessMonster
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, ZeromusF4 said:

So i have in my stats screen says "22" scavenging locations complete

my challenges says I have the 13 and the 5 locations complete and 3/18 locations complete on the next challenge

So thats 22 vs 21. Does that mean my save is borked?

Yep, unfortunately :/

You'll need to revert to an earlier save if you have one, or restart entirely.