My Name Is Mayo 2 Announced

Cobbsquatch

7 hours ago, awf9495 said:

The first game kind of ushered in the "pay for plat" style of game. Before that, the easiest plats were either kids games, Telltale games, or skipping through somewhat pricey visual novels. I remember worrying what kind of effect this would have on the trophy system at the time, and now 4 years later, there are so many of these types of games that I see posts where some hunters have earned several hundred or more plats between Mayos.

Not disparaging anyone for what games they play or how they play them. 4 years ago, I certainly had stronger opinions but in this day and age, whatever floats your boat.

Which is why the raw platinum count doesn't mean shit anymore. If I'm going to judge an account and I see you have around a 75 percent average rarity with literally over a hundred Ratalaika games, I'm not going to judge your account very nicely.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Which is why the raw platinum count doesn't mean shit anymore. If I'm going to judge an account and I see you have around a 75 percent average rarity with literally over a hundred Ratalaika games, I'm not going to judge your account very nicely.

Suggestion: Reevaluate trophy points yielded by games based on the agreed “trophy difficulty level” just for PSNP instead of the flat rate award from PSN. Of course this means every game would have to have a guide?

It would be complicated :S but still, imagine getting more points on PSNP for the 100% on 1 Dark Souls game than for 100 rat plats.

High trophy points can be a driving factor in buying a game, but if people keep buying them en masse then they’ll keep being made as long as it profits without being critiqued.

However, a low point yield should NOT discourage anyone from playing a game. Jet Set Radio and Child of Light are small on trophies but you totally should still play them. That’s just scratching the surface. I’m sure everyone can mention a game that was great, whether it debuted on, or predated its release on PSN, that they consider essential, or at least a good staple, a sense of when trophies however easy or hard, were at first irrelevant prior to trying it.

1 minute ago, EqualityEarth said:

However, a low point yield should NOT discourage anyone from playing a game. Jet Set Radio and Child of Light are small on trophies but you totally should still play them. That’s just scratching the surface. I’m sure everyone can mention a game that was great, whether it debuted on, or predated its release on PSN, that they consider essential, or at least a good staple, a sense of when trophies however easy or hard, were at first irrelevant prior to trying it.

A low point yield doesn't bother me. It's the fact that at least half of everybody on this website plays games purely for those easy trophies and platinums. Then when I try to make a point about them suddenly I'm the fucking bad guy?

My Name Is Mayo was a bit amusing, and was definitely meme-worthy, but this has become a complete joke.

These people wouldn't of survived in the early PS3 era of trophies, when you know, they took a lot of work and effort to get for the most part.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, GinjAJ said:

I don't think its about people being mad at other people for playing a game.  It's the fact that My Name is Mayo is worth 1,350 trophy points, and then a game like Red Dead Redemption 2 is also worth 1,350 points. How does that make sense? Games like this should be worth negative trophy points. 

Now, why does it matter how many fake worthless virtual points it's worth? Leaderboards? It doesn't matter. Whether you want to put 10 minutes or 200 hours into a game is your choice and you should just enjoy playing the game itself and not care about how many points the game is worth. If all you think about is the number of points a game is worth perpendicular to the amount of time it takes to complete then you'll never get any enjoyment out of games. If this is the way to think of games and trophy hunting, then do yourself a favor and try to just enjoy the games and go for the trophies as fun on the side rather than the main purpose of the game.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Phoenixgaming1 said:

Now, why does it matter how many fake worthless virtual points it's worth? Leaderboards? It doesn't matter. Whether you want to put 10 minutes or 200 hours into a game is your choice and you should just enjoy playing the game itself and not care about how many points the game is worth. If all you think about is the number of points a game is worth perpendicular to the amount of time it takes to complete then you'll never get any enjoyment out of games. If this is the way to think of games and trophy hunting, then do yourself a favor and try to just enjoy the games and go for the trophies as fun on the side rather than the main purpose of the game.

Would you even consider this a game though? 

17 hours ago, IntroPhenom said:

But seriously, what took these people so long?  Mayo must be their best selling game, and how long has it been?  We're just getting a sequel now? 

Right. After the success of the first one they should've been making sequels every 6 months. And ketchup spin-offs.

8 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

When I heard this, thought it was a joke.

Lol, me too.

Also, I like how the first screenshot on the steam page shows 420 clicks.

ss_a2630d601566fc759295819aad96cf04b760e

• Like 1