No matchmaking for Raid (coming October 30)

LazyJournalist

28 minutes ago, Patrickosan said:

Source? Because even the trophy states that you have to finish 3 raid chapters, not 3 raids. Even in menu you can see that there are only 3 chapters for raid. 

You're right, my mistake. Damn, I thought it was three raids.

@BossMadMax Sorry as well, man.

Edited by Ghost

This is a really stupid decision to remove Matchmaking. If you fix a minimum Ki lvl around 100, then only experienced players would be able to enter so no noob. If you already have 3 mates all ready to play at the same time, good for you. But what about people who dont ? Basically they are depriving some players of a part of the game .... Makes no sense to me.

• Like 2

As long as it's not nightmare lvl of stupid, the 100% will be a 3-5/10 in difficulty.  I'm ready (all toons at 105) and really looking forward to the raid. 

I would have liked matchmaking too but I've also seen many noobs that don't know how to do anything, can't hold a zone on their own or what really does my head in.... 3 people running to the same objective. 

It's simple:

2 attack 

1 defend 

1 roaming 

Random people who don't know what to do eventually learn from others and get better. And sometimes it leads to good surprises, I finished Survival on Nightmare with randoms and no one had a mic. But the guys helped each other and got even more careful. It's very satisfying. 

By the time I come up with a team of 4, make sure everyone is ready to play at the same time for at least 2 hours, I could have tried the Raid a dozen times with strangers and maybe succeed. I hope they will change their mind about that.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, VegaTheGreat said:

This "DLC" gets more and more cancer.

No matchmaking = cancer?... 

Matchmaking would be cancerous as hell with randoms that have no idea what to do.

The multiplayer has been amazing and the raids are gonna be so fun.

Boo hoo you have to put in a bit extra effort to find a group to play with, that does not make this wonderful DLC cancerous. 

• Like 3

I hate MP but im trying to keep my 100% on this anyway. I've been thankful for matchmaking because I can only play sporadically. No way in hell will I be able to get three other people to play exactly when im ready and for exactly how long im available to do these raids. It's bad enough Ive got to play the same shit over and over in order to level up, now it's most likely all for nothing.

I was pissed to see MP coming because I knew it would mean MP trophies. The list didn't seem too bad right up til this news. Now im back to being pissed again ?

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, aZombieDictator said:

Boo hoo you have to put in a bit extra effort to find a group to play with, that does not make this wonderful DLC cancerous. 

Can't wait to get over with this stupid watered down mode and get back to Nioh2 where everything is just superior.

No one asked this stupid MP on Tsushima of all things

and I ain't shilling this game to my friend list.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Snake2410 said:

You can actually boost 105 gear to 110 though, can't you?  As long as it drops at 105 it should be boostable to 110.

Hellifiknow, I haven't tried reforging any equipment yet, so I'm not even sure what happens during that process.

7 minutes ago, Helyx said:

Hellifiknow, I haven't tried reforging any equipment yet, so I'm not even sure what happens during that process.

You can level up equipment by reforging it.  It puts it close to your current gear level.

There is another topic on here that I just saw that confirms you can level it that way to 110.  Takes a LOT of resources though, but it's possible.  

• Like 1

Man I hope they don't keep adding trophies to future raids. I won't be playing this multipayer mode once, if ever, I actually complete all the trophies for legends, and so having to organise a 4 man group every time a new raid series drops is gonna be really annoying.

Inb4 this game becomes like FF15/Driveclub with the DLC trophies. 

Edited by PostGameBlues
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, SirShavesALot said:

You can reforge the equipment to 110.  It gets kind of expensive but you can take a piece of gear you like and bring it all the way to 110.

6 hours ago, Snake2410 said:

You can level up equipment by reforging it.  It puts it close to your current gear level.

Yeah, I burned through my crafting materials (1000, 6000, 30,000) and got some 110s. There's an update now, so mat farming may have been 'fixed'.

I'm a little disappointed by this decision. I think Legends is a really good mode and really well made. I've only played with randoms so far and only had a few issues.

To complete this mode I'm going to have to organise or find a session on here, which is just matchmaking with extra steps, so why not just put it in and let people try?

• Like 3

As someone who doesn’t have the friends (on PSN) to fill out a raid, nor do I want to join a session for them.... this is EXTREMELY disappointing. I’ve had great success with the the MM in survival on all tiers... yes there are also the disasters.

I understand raids require coordination, but that doesn’t mean you can’t have success via MM. To not even give us the option cuts a lot of people out here.

Guess I’ll get all classes to 20 and stop. Hopefully they’ll change their mindset about this in the future.

Edited by Skurkitty
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, aZombieDictator said:

No matchmaking = cancer?... 

Matchmaking would be cancerous as hell with randoms that have no idea what to do.

The multiplayer has been amazing and the raids are gonna be so fun.

That decision could prevent a lot of players even to try to play those raids. I agree, raids must me played well organized, but can you imagine how much more complicated this is gonna be to find 3 different players who would be able play at the same time? They should really kept matchmaking. At least, as an option. 

• Like 1