Games Like My Name is Mayo 2 Ruined The Value Of Platinums

Cloud_2049

What a lovely shit-show this has become! Not surprised or anything given past experiences on this site, but this is very entertaining to me how bent out of shape both sides are on the matter. Just play to have fun, whatever that means to you, and don't worry about what others are doing, ffs! 

P.S. I loooooooove the fact that this game is in the Top 10 Most Popular this week ? 

Edited by Joe Dubz
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Joe Dubz said:

What a lovely shit-show this has become! Not surprised or anything given past experiences on this site, but this is very entertaining to me how bent out of shape both sides are on the matter. Just play to have fun, whatever that means to you, and don't worry about what others are doing, ffs! 

No, people who play Mayo are worse than other people, because I said so :))))))))))))))

For real, always absolutely fucking hate love reading a thread like this and seeing such wonderful people like "people who plat mayo are noob and retard" or "people who plat this aren't gamers".

Those forums are dogshit.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Varhur said:

For real, always absolutely fucking hate love reading a thread like this and seeing such wonderful people like "people who plat mayo are noob and retard" or "people who plat this aren't gamers".

Agreed, it would be one thing to keep the conversation cordial, but the name calling and shaming is a bit ridiculous at this point! Nobody likes an elitist on either side of the spectrum!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

I don't give a fuck about the topic at hand, but this is a goddamn ignorant statement that you should feel bad for making. 

Save it for those who made this mess go further than it should have by not staying the fuck home reading books or watching TV. Someone who put heavy milage in 90+ games since January probably isn't the most prolific superspreader in the neighbourhood.

3 minutes ago, Swithop said:

Save it for those who made this mess go further than it should have by not staying the fuck home reading books or watching TV. Someone who put heavy milage in 90+ games since January probably isn't the most prolific superspreader in the neighbourhood.

The point

Your head

Edited by ThatMuttGuy

This is tough, because while I don't disagree, I see it as balance.  

For example, what about the ridiculous grindy bullshit hard Platinum trophy games.  Like Warhawk, or any recent Rockstar games?  

I find it bullshit that a My Name is Mayo 1 & 2 have Platinum Trophy, yet What Remains of Edith Finch, and Hitman & Hitman 2 do not.  Now that is bullshit

• Like 3

I find it pathetic when someone has hundreds of 1-Hour plats in a row but I would never blame the game itself (unless its Little Adventure on the Prairie)

Don't hate the game, hate the player? 

Almost wanna spend the Buck to get a break from DarkSouls3 and trigger some Elitists in the same time

Edited by TheNekosphere
  • Like 2

LOL @ people thinking that everyone has the same gaming or trophy hunting "values" as them. Shovelware has existed since time immemorial and the golden rule for it still stands: if you don't like it, don't play it.

And here's a new golden rule for the era of trophy hunting: "mind your own trophy list and no one will get hurt"

• Like 2

On 11/17/2020 at 8:57 AM, Cloud_2049 said:

The fact Playstation doesn't have anything to value certain Platinums higher than others makes the system garbage and has ruined the fun of it all imo. What's the point of trying to compete against people when games like this exist?

Edit: Lol this is funny. Yes, I platinum'ed My Name is Mayo twice, I have some other easy/junk platinums like Energy Cycle but I wish I didn't and that I could delete them. People who are saying "it's fake shit anyways" of course it is, doesn't mean it kind of sucks there is junk currency in the system. To the people who say let people buy/play whatever they want, of course, but that doesn't mean we can't have a discussion about these games. To the dude who said he bought it in spite, lol I hope you enjoy it. 

Anyways, I really didn't think this thread would blow up after like 6 hours lol

"What's the point of trying to compete against people when games like this exist?"

It's that kind of mind set that ruins trophy hunting.

TROPHY HUNTING IS NOT A COMPETITION.

The threads on this site that make them a competition have specific rules to them....in which case would make your comment/point mute.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Fish613 said:

"What's the point of trying to compete against people when games like this exist?"

It's that kind of mind set that ruins trophy hunting.

TROPHY HUNTING IS NOT A COMPETITION.

The threads on this site that make them a competition have specific rules to them....in which case would make your comment/point mute.

I agree with this like who gives a crap about the scoreboard or what they put on their profile.

Edited by maurjen

I don't agree at all, games like this don't ruin platinums, they ruin the profiles of the individuals that have them, I have no respect for them, they can have 10000 plats of the hardest ones, if you have these type of games, I'm automatically better than you and so is anybody that doesn't, shrug

Edited by EDGES

I guess I don't see how this devalues other platinums. Bad art doesn't make other art worse, bad music doesn't make good music less good, bad movies don't ruin good ones. Doesn't it work the other way? The good stuff should be more valuable in comparison with the other not as good stuff?

If anything platinums like this just devalue the level/points system. I also kind of think that people are substituting value for meaning. Sure the trophies themselves are all the same point value, but you know which trophies on your list meant more to you than others.

• Like 1

I pretty much totally agree with the title and OP post, but im still gonna make mayo a milestone 50th or 100th plat or something just for the power move, whenever i get to those numbers one day. Not in it for the plat and trophy numbers, but after that many plats it just feels right to play and add something trash like mayo.