Games Like My Name is Mayo 2 Ruined The Value Of Platinums

Cloud_2049

2 hours ago, Cloud_2049 said:

The fact Playstation doesn't have anything to value certain Platinums higher than others makes the system garbage and has ruined the fun of it all imo. What's the point of trying to compete against people when games like this exist?

What's the point competing when cheaters are still on the psnp leaderboards when they have been caught and got away with it by hiding a game or two seems more unfair and devaluing the whole trophy and platinum system

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, PatinumNumemon said:

Why does anyone need a PS5 when you got MY NAME IS MAYO 2 ON PS4????? I can't wait to play this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Demon's Souls? TRASH! Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales? TRASH! Sackboy: A Big Adventure? TRASH! NONE of those games will EVER be as relevant as My Name Is Mayo 2!!! I honestly hope they release it on PS5 as well. Can you imagine the graphical increase and the ray tracing and all the other stuff on this game??? Already game of the decade. Calling it now.

That's what I'm talking about 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Kulzyc said:

Are you nuts? My Name is Mayo 2 just saved 2020 from being the worst year ever.

What do you mean? Bugsnax has already done that ?

24 minutes ago, Ac3dUd3- said:

oGOfLsl.jpg

85 posts in an hour though. Something tells me this pic is a little inaccurate :D

But yeah, how are people still not tired of this topic?

• Like 2

Just don't look at mere numbers and you're fine. There are so many quick and easy platinums around that one more doesn't even matter at this point. You don't need to like it, but it's how it is. Don't play them, but there are lots of people who enjoy them (and if it's only for the BLING, who cares).

21 minutes ago, PatinumNumemon said:

Why does anyone need a PS5 when you got MY NAME IS MAYO 2 ON PS4????? I can't wait to play this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Demon's Souls? TRASH! Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales? TRASH! Sackboy: A Big Adventure? TRASH! NONE of those games will EVER be as relevant as My Name Is Mayo 2!!! I honestly hope they release it on PS5 as well. Can you imagine the graphical increase and the ray tracing and all the other stuff on this game??? Already game of the decade. Calling it now.

holy shet!!! it'll be up there with BUGSNAX for BEST PS5 GAME 

• Like 1

you can’t devalue something that is already worth nothing.

Platinums have no inherent value - they are worth only what you yourself value them at.

I’m sure none of the folks who bought that game genuinely value that platinum - but it doesn’t affect you or anyone else. 

No amount of other people playing My Name is Mayo is going to devalue someone elses Super Meat Boy platinum.

The only people who care about trophies enough to give a toss how many plats anyone has are exactly the same people who all know what a game like Mayo is

• Like 3

Damn, I can't help but respect the dev/devs for this game xD they became infamous with a game where you click a jar of mayo. Honestly when I first played the prequel to this awesome entry in the saga i was "haha bikini mayo" and clicked away. Only after I realized that this is actually an offensive game lol. 

I will buy this marvellous reboot sequel when it shows up in the -70% discounts though. Wanna see how low they can go with the price. Will it get cheaper than a plastic bag? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cloud_2049 said:

The fact Playstation doesn't have anything to value certain Platinums higher than others makes the system garbage and has ruined the fun of it all imo. What's the point of trying to compete against people when games like this exist?

I don't think it's games like these that have ruined the value of platinums (or the value of trophy hunting), it's the sheer amount of these types of games vs. the games ones that require skill/time/commitment.

Edited by pathtoninja
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, BRKs_Eagle said:

I said I was just gonna observe, but I just have to say that this logic makes no sense whatsoever. Y'know people aren't gonna have this as the only game in their console, right?

Let's say i have 20$ here and spend 1$ on this.

Now i can't afford These 2 10$ Games i'd like to buy

Is that easier to understand?

Mayonnaise some nice looking trophy tiles tho. Agree OP, but at the same time, I love flocking to these Uber shameful platinums like the Mecca of malarkey they well and truly are. I mean, holy Hellmann, it’s hard to believe this is allowed a platinum, but most in-depth simulator games are shafted with only a 100%.

1 minute ago, Desomorphin said:

Let's say i have 20$ here and spend 1$ on this.

Now i can't afford These 2 10$ Games i'd like to buy

Is that easier to understand?

So it's the fault of the game that you can't afford two 10 dollar games? You're trying real hard pal...

• Like 2

Just now, Walt the Dog said:

Putting aside the fact that you can still afford one of them, a dollar is not that hard to come by unless you're poor enough that you shouldn't be spending your money on video games anyway.

You really don't get it?

Wow

You can get Games like these on your phone for free

*Free*

I mostly use these types of games as sort of filler platinums in order to reach the next milestone quicker. There are so many good games I have planned as milestones and I don't want to waste them, if that makes sense. Sure not every game that's "worthy" of having a platinum is milestone material for me but I prefer not to invest too much time and money in those games then. It doesn't matter to me how many plats I got I just want the special ones to stick out.

Besides, even if someone has over 1000 plats and they are all ratalaika games why would that matter or hurt the system, it's not like they can really brag about it or something nor do they gain anything out of it other than disrespect it seems. If you would feel ashamed to have those games on your profile then don't play them...

Edited by Flex_Da_Brent
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Varhur said:

So it's the fault of the game that you can't afford two 10 dollar games? You're trying real hard pal...

Nevermind. A simple example is still to hard. I know now how they get away with these Games. They just target a very "special" demographic. Thank you very much

Edited by Desomorphin