Games Like My Name is Mayo 2 Ruined The Value Of Platinums

Cloud_2049

4 minutes ago, Xylobe said:

Trophies are fun to collect, but they're just shiny 1s and 0s that make a fun noise when they unlock. A My Name is Mayo 2 plat has the same "value" as a Super Meat Boy plat: none. If that bothers you, I urge you to step back and take a break.

I think others who are bothered by it aren’t concerned about the physical or virtual value. It’s the internal value. They believe that platinum trophies are a hard-fought reward designed only for the best of the best. An ego inflation, essentially, or a source of euphoria after doing something few are able to do.

Edited by Trumpet_Boi_208

54 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

This is a you problem, why do you care what others plat. 

Cause it's a community hobby where people compare themselves with others, write guide for others, boost with others etc. That's also the reason many have a trophy card in their signature.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cloud_2049 said:

The fact Playstation doesn't have anything to value certain Platinums higher than others makes the system garbage and has ruined the fun of it all imo. What's the point of trying to compete against people when games like this exist?

What's the issue exactly?

It's still better than Steam.. where you can download an app to  unlock every single achievement in 2 seconds on any game of your choice.

If we get duds here and there on PSN I say simply ignore them.

I played the first Mayo just out of curiosity. Yes it was an easy plat, but overall I found it to be quite entertaining and funny at times.

• Like 1

Just now, aZombieDictator said:

My Name is Mayo 2 has 1 stack, it's actually self aware, cost 99 cents, and has some great humor like the first game.

This 1 stack of mayo is absolutely nothing compared to the other things like jack n jill which has 6 Platinums that would take like an hour to get them all along with being a trophy hunter cash grab. If Mayo devs really wanted they could have charged $5+, added stacks and made bank.

Just have some fun with this and stop whining. There's a lot more problems than a jar of mayo.

Shut up, "gamer", everyone knows that playing Mayo makes you a worse person.

/s, because otherwise I'd get jumped on

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DiegoMolinams said:

Nah, there are far worse. My Name is Mayo at least has some substance with the story, it's actually quite entertaining and fun if you pay attention 

I dont even know why mayo is still the low bar.  That adventure on the prarie game is 100x worse.  I regret not researching that one though ill admit i did know it was an easy one 

• Like 2