[Poll/Discussion] What to do with Cyberpunk 2077 now?

Merco

[Poll] What are you going to do with Cyberpunk 2077?  

436 members have voted

1. 1. What are your plans for the game?

• Go for a refund
    • Play through the issues
    • I was going to buy it, but now I won't
    • I was going to buy it, but now I can't
    • I've got it, but I won't play it for a while/wait for patches

Today brings the news that Sony will be removing C2077 from the PS Store (which I don't think has ever happened before), and there's still the issue of whether the game will live up to the hype even after the raft of incoming patches.

Personally, I first played The Witcher 3 in 2016 after extensive patching and didn't have any issues, so I'm willing to put C2077 on the backburner and wait for CDPR to fix it as much as possible (playing on the base PS4).

I'm curious to see what other people will be doing with Cyberpunk if they've got it, so let me know in the poll!

Edited by Merco

I was always of the mind that this game was not going to perform well on current gen, and was essentially buying the next gen version early. I've got a PS5 and an incredible backlog so I have no real need to play it immediately. I completely understand the position of people who want a refund tho, game just doesn't perform at a reasonable level on PS4.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Merco said:

(which I don't think has ever happened before)

It has, there have been full removals in the past. What's important is what they mean by 'remove'. Full remove, where it's wiped from the servers? Pulled, so it's hard to find in your library without knowing specifics? Delisted so it can't be sold? This is likely just a delisting, meaning if you paid for it, it's still going to be in your library for download.

In any case, what I'm going to do is play the game since I haven't really started it yet. From what I've watched, it's glitchy but still looks enjoyable.

• Like 1

Anyone who bought the last gen version should just refund it now and buy the PS5 version a year or two down the line instead. Even if you've already earned some trophies on the PS4 version and don't want an incomplete list, it sounds like the game won't really even be playable until the patch coming in February, so you might as well wait until then at least. Playing through the issues now just sounds like a miserable experience that could be avoided with a bit of patience.

ghost warrior 3 takes the cake of being broken, i had to beat that game 6 times because either weapons don't unlock when they should or missions glitch or other things go wrong, i had to play on the unpatched game to get the weapon trophy and was so broken. i just deal with the issues of cyberpunk

Edited by lucky0ne16

Ps5 40 hours in, It has crashed 22 times since launch, often while driving but the story is great but most NPC's cant be interacted with which is strange for a game of the genre and would have definitely benefited from a few more months of development, CDPR have lost years of goodwill in just one week, not having the game work on the generation it was supposed too is astonishingly bad, feel sorry for the devs but ironic that a game about corporations is hampered by poor management. With patches galore, I do believe that it will be the game promised but this might be a turning point in shady promotions and not letting people see the content they payed for.

Personally if im offered a refund, I will take it and see how the game is doing in a few months time

• Like 4

Despite the issues I'm still enjoying the game. Night City is just too breathtaking. Crashing often occurs when I'm driving while quicksaving so I just let go of the buttons when I see the notiication and that reduces chances of crashing. When ps5 version comes out I'm going to replay it again to play a different build and take full advantage of photo mode. 

PS5: About 1 crash an hour. Sub 60 seconds to get back in game. Annoyance level... 1/10.

Don’t have any complaints about the game other then wishing they had some activities and the ability to transmog clothing. Otherwise I’m greatly enjoying it and time just slips away.

I was planning on buying it for base PS4 at some point (and will probably do so, if it's ever relisted). It's the crashes they need to fix, and game-breaking bugs. Performance issues - even 15-20FPS - I can deal with, and in fact I get a kick out of that sort of thing. Takes me back to the Sega Saturn days...

It's a great shame to see this train wreck unfold, though. I was never a fan of CDPR - I lasted about 5 hours of The Witcher 3 before giving up - but I can only imagine how much hard work was poured into this game. A shame to see so many gamers disappointed, too.

I had the game on pre-order on Amazon a while back for PS4, and luckily Amazon isn't quick to ship so I up and cancelled my preorder on that seems like I dodged that bullet.
Although I still may get it when it drops down to $20-$30 not spending $50 on it or $60. 
Might just up and get it on Playstation 5 instead whenever I get the system.

• Like 1

I was going to wait for it but the day it released I caved and bought into the hype and picked it up. I returned it yesterday after maybe 30 minutes playtime. It's just not worth it in its current state and I have a PS5. The game looks terrible, there are texture pop ins/missing textures altogether, objects are just missing entirely like people smoking invisible cigarettes, npcs glitch as they walk, npcs appear out of nowhere, when someone talks their mouth often doesn't match when they talk... That was just what I experienced at the beginning of the game before even reaching the tutorial.

I would suggest saving your money and spending it elsewhere.

• Like 4

It isn't so much the issues, but they released a "lite" version of the game, which is different from what we were promised and what was shown in the trailers.  I realize they had to satisfy the investors by releasing something, but unfortunately this game is a mess.  I'm  still interested in the game with (1) patches to fix the problems and (2) flesh out the game like we were promised. I mean, I already have GTAV and this is a sad copy of that game in it's current state.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Undead Wolf said:

Anyone who bought the last gen version should just refund it now and buy the PS5 version a year or two down the line instead. Even if you've already earned some trophies on the PS4 version and don't want an incomplete list, it sounds like the game won't really even be playable until the patch coming in February, so you might as well wait until then at least. Playing through the issues now just sounds like a miserable experience that could be avoided with a bit of patience.

It’s really not too bad on my PS4 Pro. I get a crash once an hour or so, but auto saves are so frequent, the crashes are more of a minor annoyance that a problem. I’ve logged 50 hours of playtime and it’s worth every penny in my opinion.

I got the collector's edition. I still think it's going to be an awesome game, I'm just going to wait for the PS5 upgrade.

It'll probably be a while before I can get a PS5 anyway :P. Not going to chase after one, I'll get mine when they are freely available.

• Like 1