PSNP Discord moderators don't want to talk to me, what do I do?

Varhur

8 minutes ago, funboy1246 said:

if what @HaserPL posted is the kind of crap you usually post in the dicord, then how can you not say it was justified? those meme are homophobic in the extreme. im all for dark humor but theres a time a place. there's people that don't appriciate that kind of stuff. you need to learn to "read the room

I definitely wasn't uploading anything homophobic or racist, I understand that it definitely isn't a humour for everyone (not talking about homophobic/racist stuff now), but I don't think I posted anything offensive, if I did I'm sorry, but none of my stuff was posted with intention to make fun of other sexualities or races.

12 minutes ago, funboy1246 said:

if what @HaserPL posted is the kind of crap you usually post in the dicord, then how can you not say it was justified? those meme are homophobic in the extreme. im all for dark humor but theres a time a place. there's people that don't appriciate that kind of stuff. you need to learn to "read the room

Now that's ironic a dude with a chucky avatar saying there is a time and place for dark humor! Lol but I do agree.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, funboy1246 said:

theres literally a meme of a place called gay cemetery and it says go ahead. die. explain how that isn't homophobic please.

Well, just saying that "i didnt meant it that way" is obviously wrong, but tbh, I shrugged it off, thinking about it as in-between friends kinda thing, with the whole absurdity of there being a cemetery like that. Yeah, I know that it would work as casual homophobia, which probably doesn't make this any better... Thanks for letting me know actually, cuz it kinda puts a different light on the side of things and sorry for anyone who got offended by that (not using "offended" in derogatory way).

In my experience, the moderation of PSNProfiles, both on the forum and Discord server side of things, leaves a lot to be desired, but after reading through this thread, it looks to me like the ban was completely warranted. Repeated posting of dumb, childish, offensive memes isn't going to endear you to anyone. You can play innocent all you want with the whole "I wasn't trying to offend anyone and I'm sorry if I did" routine but it doesn't change the fact that the things you were posting were clearly discriminatory. It wasn't even a grey area, it was black and white. You were out of line and you need to grow up if you want to have interactions with others on the internet that don't result in you getting banned. End of.

• Like 3

In my mind...at the very least...if I were a mod and I saw someone starting potential fires that I would have to clean up and take all the shit for in addition to my other responsibilities...I'd axe you just for that. Also representing a company...this is an "in" for that company to get attacked by any number of outside groups...and I'm protecting my income and my families income by stomping it out regardless of personal position on ideas of free speech. That's motivation enough. Making the decisions to post content is very easy when you have zero stake in the game and can just move on to the next message board if everything gets put on blast...which putting things on blast is a current sport for the Twitter soapbox community who love to destroy things and ruin lives on the most minimal amounts of information.  

These kinds of jokes are really only funny in a super close friend/sibling situation where it is very well known to the individual of what's really in your heart. Even then...the cemetery thing is a stretch by any standard. That s*&# is dumpsterfire shock-jock crap. Garbage.

• Like 1

The PSNP discord is a massive community of players, meaning the mods won’t be as willing to take time to consider an unban, even if it’s completely unfair (which in this case, it isn’t). If you’ve been banned, then you’ll have to bite the bullet and move on.

While you’re at it, you should probably get some non-homophobic memes too, for your own good.

• Like 3

Just now, Johnytomm said:

The people in this thread are so sensitive and pathetic that they probably go to the hospital when they get a paper cut. Nothing he posted today was offensive, i know cause i saw all of the memes as he sent them in the morning and responded

Unfortunately, that’s just how society is in 2021, where you’re either racist or too complacent to LGBT or these lives matter, or whatever comes up this year that involves heat from both ends. People who are in these groups are EXTREMELY sensitive to these kinds of memes, so it’s no wonder why he got banned.