February's Playstation Plus games

Abby_TheLastofUs

Playing Control on the base PS4 was somewhat of a bad experience with the consistent lag, which didn't allow me to enjoy the game as much, sadly. Although I have already beaten it, I'm still quite thrilled to play the Ultimate Edition on PS5 now.

1 hour ago, Trini said:

Playing Control on the base PS4 was somewhat of a bad experience with the consistent lag, which didn't allow me to enjoy the game as much, sadly. Although I have already beaten it, I'm still quite thrilled to play the Ultimate Edition on PS5 now.

Shit, that sucks to hear. I have a base PS4, should I skip this game until I get a PS5 then?

2 minutes ago, LoveInHell said:

Shit, that sucks to hear. I have a base PS4, should I skip this game until I get a PS5 then?

Honestly, I'll wait it out until you're able to cop a PS5, it'll be a much better and more enjoyable experience due to improved framerates and graphics. I'm uncertain if the issue remains the same now, but I'll often encounter noticeable dips in performance, particularly when fights became intense with numerous enemies and even worse when you're simply pausing/unpausing the game. Overall the game is worth playing but I rather you have the best possible experience when you eventually get your system. 

• Like 1

I'm definitely checking out Control as it looks pretty amazing and we ge all DLC included which is just a trophy hunters dream! ?

I was pretty stoked about Concrete Genie but seeing it has 3 DLC trophies that can only be acquired with the use of a VR is a true shame. I'm really a person that wants 100% on games, including DLC's. Otherwise this game would be an absolute treat.

Oh, and I couldn't care less for Destruction. I have no Ps5 and don't intend on getting one in the coming 2 years or so + I don't like these sort of games.

I feel like I’m one of the few who didn’t like control.

The gameplay is great as well as the absolute chaos when blowing everything up in those small room. So playing that on Ps5 60fps is a really nice bonus.

However I couldn’t get into the story or the horrible map. I was lost all the damn time.

Nice though for people who can try the full experience.

From what i hear about Concrete Genie and from what i've seen of Control, this sounds an excellent month.

That destruction all stars looks like a horrible mishmash of destruction derby and rocket league with some overwatch seasoning. Not for me.

Also, Control seems like one of then games that LOADS of people liked the look of, but not many people went ahead and bought/played it. Seems to me like the PERFECT type of game for psplus. Especially with all DLC. 

Its gonna be a crap month in March isn't it?....(C'mon reverse psychology)

14 hours ago, OverlordOfRacing said:

I was going to buy Control but im glad I waited. Does anyone know if this comes with both PS4/5 with all dlcs?

Yeh it does.

The Ultimate Edition includes the base game as well as The Foundation and AWE expansions.

From the blog post in the OP.

On 1/27/2021 at 11:39 AM, kidson2004 said:

Control Ultimate Edition? Wow! Isn’t this the 1st time a PS plus game came with the DLC? 

We've gotten Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition (PS3) and Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition (one of the first PS4 games on Plus) in the past. Usually they don't give us DLC so we actually end up spending money on that instead since we got the base game for "free". 

• Like 1

On 1/27/2021 at 7:03 PM, SaintChris777 said:

I just bought the Ultimate Edition in a sale 2 weeks ago and now on plus? After all this years I got hit by this for the first time.

God dammit.

This happened to a friend of mine as well, but he asked for a refund and within 2-3 days sony did it. I think he sent an email

18 hours ago, Viper said:

We've gotten Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition (PS3) and Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition (one of the first PS4 games on Plus) in the past. Usually they don't give us DLC so we actually end up spending money on that instead since we got the base game for "free". 

I remember that now. Got over excited lol

On 31/01/2021 at 10:00 PM, the_real_culture said:

So I heard people in Asia are getting Bloodstained: RotN. 

I have an HK account - could I play that game on my regular account? Would I even be able save it with my NA/US plus account operating on the system? I never tried it.

Yes, you can download it and play on your main account. I've done that. Same with US/EU accounts (which let me do Hollow Knight twice for free).

• Like 1

On 1/27/2021 at 5:03 PM, Tsundokuist said:

Thanks for the heads up! I probably would have given Concrete Genie a try and then ended up buying a VR unit just to 100% it (I literally am that kind of borderline OCD idiot).

You only need VR to get the DLC trophies, you can get the platinum without VR.

1 minute ago, dieselmanchild said:

Any PS4 users having trouble adding Destruction AllStars to their library via the website? There’s no button to do so, and I’m curious as to whether other people are having the same issue or if it’s just my IPad that is unable to load the page properly.

I'm having the same issue.

@Nauticus87 Thanks for that!