Reversal: PS3, Vita, And PSP Stores To No Longer Close Permanently

WaddysWDS

1 minute ago, FireThunder95 said:

If I get a physical game, which needs a patch/update to work properly, (for example Little Big Planet 3), I won't be able to get it?

There’s absolutely nothing in the communication to suggest patches will stop being available. That’s pure speculation

• Like 1

Just now, KenpachiDaniel said:

If everyone who wants a last big sale on the store starts to contact Sony about this, or organize themselves and make Sony knows, this could be a possibility.

But I doubt that Sony would listen. If Sony cared about us, this thread wouldn't even exist.

I wonder if its part of their strategy that we all go out and panic buy everything off the shop right now. Got out with a big fat black number... I'm gonna go look through the shop rn on ps3, but I think I'm gonna wait until a week or so before shut down, maybe theyll put out a big sale in a last ditch effort to make money there.

• Like 4

Just now, Hvalpen said:

Any knowledge as to wether DLC codes that come with games would still work?

You will still be able to redeem game and PlayStation®Plus vouchers on PS3, PS Vita, and PSP devices once PlayStation™Store and purchase functionality for these devices close.”

Suggests that DLC codes should still work, assuming they haven’t expired

4 minutes ago, FireThunder95 said:

If I get a physical game, which needs a patch/update to work properly, (for example Little Big Planet 3), I won't be able to get it?

Some PS3 games are having issues with their patch servers at the moment but so far it appears to be a random issue that only affects the EU.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, SuperSmexy500 said:

PS5 after this news. Still going to get one eventually, for exclusives, but I just feel so worn out from all of Sony's BS in the past few years that I don't know if I want to continue using their consoles as my primary gaming platform for multi-plat titles. Might honestly end up going with Xbox or PC sometime in the near future for most of my game purchases. 

Exactly how I feel too. I've had enough of Sony BS for a while now. I recently sold my Xbox One X but you know what... I think I'm going to buy Xbox again. 

• Like 1

Just now, NanaCheese94 said:

I wonder if its part of their strategy that we all go out and panic buy everything off the shop right now. Got out with a big fat black number... I'm gonna go look through the shop rn on ps3, but I think I'm gonna wait until a week or so before shut down, maybe theyll put out a big sale in a last ditch effort to make money there.

Me too. I'll write down everything I still want and wait for the last week to buy everything. If they make at least a 50% discount on everything, it will make me save a LOT of money.

3 minutes ago, Hvalpen said:

Any knowledge as to wether DLC codes that come with games would still work?

"You will still be able to redeem game and PlayStation®Plus vouchers on PS3, PS Vita, and PSP devices once PlayStation™Store and purchase functionality for these devices close." I assume "game" extends to DLCs.

Me too. I'll write down everything I still want and wait for the last week to buy everything. If they make at least a 50% discount on everything, it will make me save a LOT of money.

This is the time to finally get Mugen Souls and all its 3 Million DLC ?

• Like 2

Not gonna happen, Sony has made it extremely difficult to hold sales on the PS3 and Vita, which is why there haven't been any sales at all in 3 years for those platforms.

4 minutes ago, Atoya said:

I am honestly not happy about this at all, will do a few ps3 games and I will call quits and throw my console in the trash can, I was about to buy ps5 digital but he’ll no after this

I feel the same mate. Was looking to purchase a PS5 once they were back in stock but I'm seriously considering not bothering now.

My biggest concern is I have such a big purchase library would I just be cutting off my nose to spite my face.

I guess a Series X and game pass would give me a pretty good library for not much outlay.

Lots to think about here.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, NanaCheese94 said:

People have been panic buying for a week already

1 minute ago, Kesme63 said:

This is so stupid. Gonna have to quickly buy some things. I'm a little confused, will I able to download games after the date or not? I hope all-digital ps3 game will be availabe on ps now still.

Yeah, the announcement says that you’ll still be able to download games that you bought before the shut down. There’s a small handful of titles which don’t show in your download list for unknown reasons, but most should be fine (for the time being, at least)

• Like 1

Just now, Kesme63 said:

This is so stupid. Gonna have to quickly buy some things. I'm a little confused, will I able to download games after the date or not? I hope all-digital ps3 game will be availabe on ps now still.

From a trophy completionist perspective, am I right in thinking that PS Now doesnt include DLC? If so there will be no way to purchase it to 100% these games.