Possible server shutdown (FC2)

HaserPL

36 minutes ago, DreddPirateRobb said:

Good luck everyone! I boosted this solo with a spare PS3 for most of it, I borrowed my neighbours PS3 for the multi kills. It took me 4 months, 4 hours a day, it was fucking maddening and lonely but I was determined to get it done. If you do boost it, have a movie or a tv show going in the background, it will help a lot.

Damn dude, u must really hate yourself to put yourself though that much punishment, it was bad enough boosting with 2 other active people. ?

Edited by Leenewbe
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, PIOTREK27-1982 said:

As if Future Soldier is boostable with those terrible matchmaking system. I would boost that, but i don't think i would bother with FS, Crysis 3, ACIII boost. I doubt i would find people for it here. 

Crysis 3 and AC3 are very easy to boost, and won't take you more than a weekend to boost them. 

One good thing about far cry 2 is that 90% of it can be done with only 2 people and only a few weapons with multikill requirements require 3 so unlike binary domain or crysis 2 you dont need to set up crazy 6 people or more sessions(aside from war party but that trophy only takes 10 minutes if done right)

Edited by jgm4789

3 hours ago, jgm4789 said:

One good thing about far cry 2 is that 90% of it can be done with only 2 people and only a few weapons with multikill requirements require 3 so unlike binary domain or crysis 2 you dont need to set up crazy 6 people or more sessions(aside from war party but that trophy only takes 10 minutes if done right)

The nightmare of trying to get 16 people to agree on a time and date scares me

5 hours ago, DenDigger said:

Wat?  The online should only take just over a week solo boosting with consoles at home, how on earth did this take you over 4 months? were you only playing 2 minutes per day?? lol

Probably he did the level 30 legit

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DenDigger said:

Wat?  The online should only take just over a week solo boosting with consoles at home, how on earth did this take you over 4 months? were you only playing 2 minutes per day?? lol

Maybe because the boosting has server issues and is repetitive/an absolute drag. I agree with everyone in this thread when they say boosting this game might just drive you crazy bc of how absolutely boring and monotonous it is. If anyone plans on boosting with other people in FC2, good luck, because you’re just going to end up making your sessions way longer and you have the potential of running into more bugs and glitches with the servers. 

Even with 3 PS3s it took me quite awhile to finish the manuals and hit level 30 due to how bored I got (my personal experience, won’t be the same for everyone else). With enough determination and solely focusing on FC2, you can definitely get the game done within a week, but it surely won’t be a fun grind.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, DenDigger said:

Sorry, I should have clarified. It took longer because the servers are fucked and there was a 2 week period there when it wouldn't load. I was emailing Ubisoft every day to fix it. And it was 2 months, not 4. Plus days here and there when the servers would play up. 

Edited by DreddPirateRobb

As someone who has achieved the platinum to Fortnite and 100% to Battlefield Hardline, how would you guys think I would find getting the platinum to this game? I'm reading people saying it is long and horribly boring, but I am no stranger to sinking 1,000 hours into one game (Fortnite) and performing very monotonous repetition (Battlefield Hardline). I'm interested in going for it as I've never played a Far Cry game and I think it would be nice to achieve what I believe is one of the most infamous platinum trophies out there.

11 minutes ago, PatinumNumemon said:

As someone who has achieved the platinum to Fortnite and 100% to Battlefield Hardline, how would you guys think I would find getting the platinum to this game? I'm reading people saying it is long and horribly boring, but I am no stranger to sinking 1,000 hours into one game (Fortnite) and performing very monotonous repetition (Battlefield Hardline). I'm interested in going for it as I've never played a Far Cry game and I think it would be nice to achieve what I believe is one of the most infamous platinum trophies out there.

It's really not as bad as everyone makes it out to be the hardest bit really is the 16 person trophy the rest is just killing with each weapon till you fill up a manual it'll ask u for head shots and kills and something else I forget but if u have an extra ps3 or 2 u can really just turn on some music or something and get to murdering it's actually easier and quicker this way so you don't use o trade kills. Most can be done with just 1 extra system but some require a double kill 

It's boring and takes awhile but it's far from the worst grinding I've ever done atleast your definitely making progress some games have you grind for stuff that has like a 1% drop and it has a 1% spawn rate aswell now that would drive you insane

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, PatinumNumemon said:

It is really boring my friend and what is to blame is the glitches, the bugs and the errors that mess up a lot, this is as bad as bad company but the difference between the two is that in bad company you have lifers who just screw up a lot of your time to boost and you got to go to the main menu and back into the game over and over again to make it save right. while far cry 2 has it where you got to do about 30 guns, with kills, excutes and headshots and the first two can be gotten at the same time while headshots don't and rockets and bomb related guns need mulit kills and you can't pass 1500 xp or else it will remove the extra, the errors that stop you from that day boosting and the fact that it can give you all the diamonds before hitting level 18 because screw it, it can, it is just pain, plus you need to do the warlord glitch to get to level 30 and if you don't you better be ready to suffer a lot as you need 1.250.000 xp to hit level 30 where you just need 25000 to hit level 20.

it is boring and painful and I just got done with it, I had to name change to get a crappy trophy for god shake

1 minute ago, PatinumNumemon said:

Really?? Why was that???

because the game glitched out and gave me all diamonds in all slots of every class before I hit level 20 and it is either level down and that can take along time or name change to be back at rank 1, so after 3 days of trying to get 5 people to level down I got only 4 to 6 matchs done and it was not worth it so I just name changed

• 2 weeks later...

I've looked at the trophy requirements including the one trophy for getting 16 people together and I automatically went 'Nope'.

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood is bad enough for me already. I don't need a game that requires me to mindlessly boost on top of having ridiculous requirements. Not to mention that most people I've talked to regarding Far Cry 2 have told me the game has glitches, so not all trophies unlock as they should. Great.

Skipping Far Cry 2, will never put it on my profile, will never play it.

14 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

Skipping Far Cry 2, will never put it on my profile, will never play it.

So, I consider myself rather adverse to difficult boosts... Just being honest, this is not one of them. Yes it is boring at times if self boosting, but if you can watch YouTube or listen to podcasts in the background it is much better. Getting 16 people together should not be that hard. I did it 2 years ago and everything worked fine. The glitches are rare and the only real issue is the server kicking you after 3-4 matches which results in loss of xp. The solution is to manually restart a lobby every 2-3 matches and you will never have a problem. If you like this game at all, or want all the Far Cry platinum's, definitely go for it. Honestly probably a 4 difficulty with a 6 boring rating IMO. 

Also, it's a really fun game. Sure, might be a lot of nostalgia but it has a lot of good qualities that aged well. Great exploration, immersion and gun play. 

Edited by Afro_Gear
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Afro_Gear said:

So, I consider myself rather adverse to difficult boosts... Just being honest, this is not one of them. Yes it is boring at times if self boosting, but if you can watch YouTube or listen to podcasts in the background it is much better. Getting 16 people together should not be that hard. I did it 2 years ago and everything worked fine. The glitches are rare and the only real issue is the server kicking you after 3-4 matches which results in loss of xp. The solution is to manually restart a lobby every 2-3 matches and you will never have a problem. If you like this game at all, or want all the Far Cry platinum's, definitely go for it. Honestly probably a 4 difficulty with a 6 boring rating IMO. 

Also, it's a really fun game. Sure, might be a lot of nostalgia but it has a lot of good qualities that aged well. Great exploration, immersion and gun play. 

I get what you're saying. It's an old game now, who knows how long the servers will last. Also I'm already watching podcasts grinding to level 55 in Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, so meh. Brotherhood thankfully has an active community.

I'll be taking a risk with Far Cry 2. With a good boosting group you can get Assassin's Creed Brotherhood done in roughly 12 - 20+ hours, with Black Flag it's around 15 - 17 hours. From what I hear from Far Cry 2 it's much longer, which helps account for that sub 1 percent platinum.

Also 16 players in a match? That's already reaching uncomfortable levels for me.

4 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

I'll be taking a risk with Far Cry 2. With a good boosting group you can get Assassin's Creed Brotherhood done in roughly 12 - 20+ hours, with Black Flag it's around 15 - 17 hours. From what I hear from Far Cry 2 it's much longer, which helps account for that sub 1 percent platinum.

If you don't have 3 consoles to self grind, or at least two and a friend to help you out with multi kills, FC2 is about 120 hours long so I totally understand where you're coming from man.

5 minutes ago, HaserPL said:

If you don't have 3 consoles to self grind, or at least two and a friend to help you out with multi kills, FC2 is about 120 hours long so I totally understand where you're coming from man.

Damn. Definitely going to skip this.