PS3 and Vita store will STAY ONLINE!!

kidson2004

Sony probably reversed their decision days ago after making it, but then saw all the full price sales coming in and thought nah, we'll sit on this for a loooong while.

Interestingly I was going to start my panic buying from tomorrow.

I am glad I waited.

Great news though... FINALLY!

Let's not forget though, the PSP store is STILL closing. So this is a small win for now, but one day maybe 2-10 years in the future the PS3 and or Vita store will close. So let's not stop here, we need to carry on playing our old systems, we get a nice kick up the back side warning from Sony that nothing lasts forever.

I didn't panic buy anything but it did give me the wake up call to not neglect my backlog of games.

Edited by enaysoft

11 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

Such a beautiful thing to see, hopefully this opened Sony's eyes on backwards compatibility and they'll look into supporting these consoles or games more in their app and perhaps next gen consoles

One can hope so, but I'll remain skeptical.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Aridoyu said:

This is fantastic news!!

Although, I feel bad for a lot of people who just bought a ton of stuff. I just hope that PS3 and Vita prices will finally go back to normal.

The only thing I bought was P4: Golden. $15 AUD is fine with me with the turn of events. Kept putting off buying that one too.

9 hours ago, sephiroth4424 said:

So, the spider i murdered while searching for my ps3 in the closet, died for nothing......

This is the only valid reason to dislike Jim Ryan.

• Like 1

Thanks GOD! I'd planned to buy a PS3 like the week before the rumours came out ?✌️ and I was rushing everything up to buy any PS3 and see what games needed to be purchased first jeje Just as well I have some more time and my wallet will surely thank not to do a huge purchase.

That's a great great news.

• Like 1

If they don't bring back the old PSN-Store-Website it is just ridiculous, because they don't fix the PSN Store on PS3, too.
Without the Store-Website it is not much difference. Don't know how the store is working on your PS3, but on mine it is super slow, doesn't load the content correctly, doesn't show buttons for buying, doesn't show what already is bought, shows every time error messages when I want to download something direct from the content page, freezes, crashes including my PS3 itself.
So they should return the PSN-Store-Website (or did they already deleted it without any way to bring it back? LOL)

And on the other hand I don't think there will be new sales for the PS3/PSV so what's the difference? Only getting time to think longer about "should I buy it full price or not?"

And the next thing is, they just give the store temporary back. Just wait a bit of time, when the PS5 has enough games and enough people got the chance to get a PS5, and the PS4 will be ultra cheap so many people who don't have one till now just buy it, and many of the old PS3 will be broken... Than they will try it again without so many pushback.

Edited by Alpha-Jinro

After I’m done with Sparklite, I might as well start playing PS3 games again. I only buy digital Vita games cause the ones I want are too much hassle to find physical and too often too expensive. I’m going to continue buying secondhand PS3 games.

I’m very happy they wont close the stores yet, there was no way in hell I was going buy things in panic. To me it was kind of a wakeup call how absurd my spending has been since 2019 and it only got worse. I’ve got games I bought years ago and never touched. Damn, I wont even be able to finish all these amazing games by the time it’s 2050. ?

Anyways, I’m very happy with this decision for everyone of us. ?

13 hours ago, x7251 said:

I'll send you the link it's only $20 on Amazon, I highly recommend it. I haven't had any problems with it for the past year I have owned it. It is supposed to work for other devices as well like using a PS4 controller on a Nintendo Switch although I haven't tried that yet, because I don't own a Switch lol... 

Can you send me the link too? Not sure how long my six axis has left lol plus ps4 controllers feel better anyway

14 hours ago, x7251 said:

Actually you can use a PS4 controller for those games on PS3 using a device called Mayflash Magic-NS Wireless Adapter. I have been using the device for PS3 games that don't support a PS4 controller. I have played Max Payne 3, Gran Turismo 5, Dragon Ball: Raging Blast 1 & 2  and Sonic Unleashed all this past year with a PS4 controller. What a difference it makes, and it works very well.

2 minutes ago, xh117 said:

Can you send me the link too? Not sure how long my six axis has left lol plus ps4 controllers feel better anyway

I've been using PS4 controllers for all PS3 gaming for a while now - just need a long USB cable.

Downside of that is the 'home' button doesn't work, so you can't get to the XMB from in-game, but on the plus side it has the added benefit of charging your controller for the next time you are on PS4 again ?

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I've been using PS4 controllers for all PS3 gaming for a while now - just need a long USB cable.

Downside of that is the 'home' button doesn't work, so you can't get to the XMB from in-game, but on the plus side it has the added benefit of charging your controller for the next time you are on PS4 again ?

I do the same. I use PS4 controller with a long USB cable and have my PS3 controller plugged in as well for when I need to access XMB. Love the affect it has on giving me a fully charged controller for when I switch to PS4

Well that was certainly unexpected..

Not that it changes anything in the long run. The store will go down someday, just not yet.

Panic buyers may have helped in overturning Sony's decision, as will the duped developers. The latter probably had more effect though.

As for me, I did some purchases for the PS3 and will continue to do so when they're up next. I don't indent to buy everything at once (even if my wallet would support this) simply because I want to take my time and weigh each game/DLC for bang-for-your-buck.

Biggest undecided DLC is the Tyranny of King Washington for Assassin's Creed III... So pricey >_<

• Like 2