Trophy Thoughts (seriously)

17 hours ago, dedennesteph said:

Sakura Succubus is a very enjoyable VN which probably just a handful of gamers played entirely without skipping. The only things that are annoying me are the stacks and the opportunity to skip through the whole VN.

I 100% agree. Skipping through visual noels is an exercise in depriving yourself of some really good stories. 

I love me a good VN. Finished Succubus last night and I really enjoyed it a lot. Didn't know there are two sequels so will get them in the sale sometime.

If you liked this, may I recommend Strawberry Vinegar? It's kind of along the same lines, but not quite and has some genuinely hilarious moments.

Edited by baboon_overlord
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, baboon_overlord said:

I 100& agree. Skipping through visual noels is an exercise in depriving yourself of some really good stories. 

I love me a good VN. Finished Succubus last night and I really enjoyed it a lot. Didn't know there are two sequels so will get them in the sale sometime.

If you liked this, may I recommend Strawberry Vinegar? It's kind of along the same lines, but not quite and has some genuinely hilarious moments.

There are 4 games in the Sakura Succubus franchise but only the first 3 are currently available on the PS4, though hopefully the final entry will be with us soon :).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CelestialRequiem said:

OP got sensitive and reported my posts lmao. 

Sounds about right, it's really difficult to talk about Ezpz stuff cause so many of the community does and loves them and probably takes it as personal attacks/gets upset when we talk about their easy games. Big reason they'll keep coming too, people vote with their wallets and buy the shit out of them. Why release good games, when you can just release trash with 40 second plats that would sell more than a quality indie. Chicory for example, one of the best games this year, barely even has the amount of owners the breakthrough games have.

Edited by aZombieDictator
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, aZombieDictator said:

Sounds about right, it's really difficult to talk about Ezpz stuff cause so many of the community does and loves them and probably takes it as personal attacks/gets upset when we talk about their easy games. Big reason they'll keep coming too, people vote with their wallets and buy the shit out of them. Why release good games, when you can just release trash with 40 second plats that would sell more than a quality indie. Chicory for example, one of the best games this year, barely even has the amount of owners the breakthrough games have.

If you count every Breakthrough game bought according to this side by game owners (38438) you’re hourly wage for programming these games is 38438€. 
Sounds like a good deal.

Edited by xIRockyRock
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, xIRockyRock said:

If you count every Breakthrough game bought according to this side by game owners (38438) you’re hourly wage for programming these games is 38438€. 
Sounds like a good deal.

Also these games already existed. If you look at the website some date back to 2017 and they have a TON MORE they haven't released.

And even if they wanna make new stuff all they gotta do is rename the game like the challenge mode stacks.

4 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

no thats not at all how it works. The games were around long before.

Except they weren't. Sony use to have actual quality control. A few quick plats popped up a few years ago and now it's recently steamrolled to actual trash games flooding the store that just exist to sell for trophies.

PS3/Early PS4 barely had stacks and didn't even have any plats that were 90%+ acquired either.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, aZombieDictator said:

Except they weren't. Sony use to have actual quality control. A few quick plats popped up a few years ago and now it's recently steamrolled to actual trash games flooding the store that just exist to sell for trophies.

PS3/Early PS4 barely had stacks and didn't even have any plats that were 90%+ acquired either.

maybe its a good thing, people can go back to game just to enjoy it instead of being so focused on a leaderboard filled with cheaters and the like. 

Makes no difference to me.  I'm still going to play games. I dont care where my ranks end up. 

1 hour ago, aZombieDictator said:

Chicory for example, one of the best games this year, barely even has the amount of owners the breakthrough games have.

I think this is the thing that bothers me most about Breakthrough games - they get way more players than actual good indie games.  It's an absolute shame.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, MrTrofyHunter said:

One mans trash is another mans treasure. Game in your own lane and allow others to game as they wish. Sure, opinions are entitled but refrain from knocking their trophy hunting approach and game preference. I like quick grabs but I also make time for games I enjoy.

I was only referring to the “games” and not the people that play them. I don’t care what others play, but I do care about some level of quality control when it comes to the games released on our console. It is a bad sign when 9/10 games with new trophy lists are made up of 10-15 minute “games” that I don’t believe people are actually playing for fun. I think if you’re being honest you would admit it’s simply about the trophies. I get it, but I refuse to play games with no redeeming value other than the trophies they provide. Fun has to be part of any hobby. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

You can take a horse to water, but you can't make them drink.:dunno:

Invisible Inc. is one one the best games I've ever played.

It was given away free on PS+, so the monetary barrier to entry is less than even Breakthrough for most people on this site.

In 5 years, 220 people have bothered to get the platinum.

In a few short months, Breakthrough games have around 37,000 platinums earned across all the games.

There's a huge difference between those games, invisible inc is a very involved challenging plat where as Breakthrough games are just like 40 seconds of playing one screen. And the Breakthrough games have a ton more games/stacks.

On 7/3/2021 at 10:32 PM, aZombieDictator said:

They were wonderful times, good shit games for streaming.

And they weren't made for the trophy whore community like breakthrough stuff and I don't have 15 stacks each of them.

Also funny how you're talking to me like that when your account is filled with the breakthrough stuff and 90%+ plat stacks lol

One, I never said my list was purely hardcore games. I’m simply calling you on your bullshit. Two, I think the breakthrough games are wonderful times. See? Different people enjoy different things.

Three, while I 100% own my list and the junk that’s on there, I’ll also say you clearly only looked at my most recent played, considering I’m not far behind you on Ultra rares despite being lower overall level than you. I’ve got as man plats that I’m proud of as I do junk ones. Difference is, I own my junk ones ;)

12 hours ago, MrTrofyHunter said:

One mans trash is another mans treasure. Game in your own lane and allow others to game as they wish. Sure, opinions are entitled but refrain from knocking their trophy hunting approach and game preference. I like quick grabs but I also make time for games I enjoy.

If everyone in this thread read this comment and took it to heart… REALLY took it to heart… this community would be a much better place.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Orenn16 said:

One, I never said my list was purely hardcore games. I’m simply calling you on your bullshit. Two, I think the breakthrough games are wonderful times. See? Different people enjoy different things.

Three, while I 100% own my list and the junk that’s on there, I’ll also say you clearly only looked at my most recent played, considering I’m not far behind you on Ultra rares despite being lower overall level than you. I’ve got as man plats that I’m proud of as I do junk ones. Difference is, I own my junk ones ;)

If everyone in this thread read this comment and took it to heart… REALLY took it to heart… this community would be a much better place.

Man why do you people always defend yourselves so hard. 

I can guarantee you, you'd have never touched those breakthrough games if you didn't get trophies out of them.

Also ultra rares don't even matter much either, you can just sit there and play shit like sing star and rack them up. Going for ultra rares isn't fun for me and spamming 99% plats isn't fun either imo.

But I'm not gonna bother saying anything else, not looking to start crap with anyone.

Trophies are my hobby and I have my own opinions about this and I hate to see how the community is now. I'll leave it at that. 

Edited by aZombieDictator
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, aZombieDictator said:

Man why do you people always defend yourselves so hard. 

I can guarantee you, you'd have never touched those breakthrough games if you didn't get trophies out of them.

Also ultra rares don't even matter much either, you can just sit there and play shit like sing star and rack them up. Going for ultra rares isn't fun for me and spamming 99% plats isn't fun either imo.

But I'm not gonna bother saying anything else, not looking to start crap with anyone.

Trophies are my hobby and I have my own opinions about this and I hate to see how the community is now. I'll leave it at that. 

I think a lot of what you “see” is projected though, is my point. I wasn’t “defending” myself so hard. I’m beyond comfortable with my hobby and was simply stating that. I’ve never once thought of this as either of us “starting crap” with another. Point being you seem to project an attitude from an imagined cookie cutter trophy whore type of person that frankly doesn’t exist. I bought the breakthrough games because of their Christian themes, full stop. Trophies aside. The plats absolutely make me smile but they weren’t the driving force. 

Your attitude of being “guaranteeing” why I or anyone plays what they play forces you to see things in a skewed light. You’re not open to ideas that don’t align with your preconceptions.

I earn trophies passively as I play games. I play and plat whatever is fun to me. I’m fact, I had no clue how many ultra rares I had until I compared us side by side just now to prove a point. And your last comment proves it further: we’re not that different. It sounds like we both play and earn trophies for fun, and that’s that. Some enjoy Bibi and Tina horse games, others enjoy Christian arcade games. What’s wrong with that?

This community isn’t turning into anything bad, you’re only making it so by projecting.

• Like 1

On 7/3/2021 at 10:46 PM, dedennesteph said:

This...looks...disgusting. Seriously.

Sakura Succubus is a very enjoyable VN which probably just a handful of gamers played entirely without skipping. The only things that are annoying me are the stacks and the opportunity to skip through the whole VN.

Just here to say I am one of those that plays Sakura Succubus in it's entirety and I do it properly. As I do for every Visual Novel I play. Easy plats are just a bonus in that regard ?

• Like 4