Trophy Thoughts?

Lightsp33d1987

1 hour ago, Alos88 said:

Or maybe spending thousands of hours grinding really is bullshit.

So don't spend thousands of hours grinding. Why whine and cry about it, just don't do it and move on finding the quick trophies you can finish for whatever reason.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Helyx said:

"Thanks for buying our game. Fuck you."

"Thks for buying our game. This is a top 5 game ever deserving hardcore trophies to give their hardcore fans the challenge they deserve"

I will buy it - when it will be in sale - cause my memory of the 2000 hours spent in it during my childhood - but for sure will not plat it now lol

i still think it is the right decision from Activision

1 hour ago, Smashero said:

In case you are "only" worried about lvl 99 - check the requirements for "It has a purpose!" trophy.

https://www.trueachievements.com/a340301/it-has-a-purpose-achievement

Yeah and you definitely don't want to do that with the HC character. Meaning that while you still "only" have to level up one char to 99, you still need to grind the shit ouf of this game with a SC char to stand a chance at completing the Pandemonium. 

7 minutes ago, JewishPanCaKe said:

How do you start the game on hell difficulty?

You need to play through normal and nightmare first. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arcesius said:

Yeah and you definitely don't want to do that with the HC character. Meaning that while you still "only" have to level up one char to 99, you still need to grind the shit ouf of this game with a SC char to stand a chance at completing the Pandemonium. 

Guess it depends on the actual requirements for making the trophy pop. Given it's for acquiring the Standard of Heroes, it might be that you can get the trophy simply by trading someone for the SOH (same for Stone of Jordan). 

3 hours ago, Smashero said:

In case you are "only" worried about lvl 99 - check the requirements for "It has a purpose!" trophy.

It's not that difficult, getting to 99 on console is going to be thousands of hours.

You can get that achievement in a few days legit, plenty of good builds out there and with people working together they can trade the item around to pop the trophy.

Mr llama on YouTube already did this yesterday. It's not anywhere near as hard. Took him like 8 hours from launch to level up a character and get the items needed. No where near as hard as a hc 99.

• Like 1

I haven't played more than 5 minutes of D2 over a decade ago.  

For the 2 99 trophies why can't you just start in Hardcore Mode and go to level 99 unlocking both trophies at once?  I'm not sure if you have to beat the game or reach a certain point to unlock hard-core mode yet if it was me I would try doing them both at once.

15 minutes ago, LegendExeter said:

For the 2 99 trophies why can't you just start in Hardcore Mode and go to level 99 unlocking both trophies at once?  I'm not sure if you have to beat the game or reach a certain point to unlock hard-core mode yet if it was me I would try doing them both at once.

We just don't know if this will unlock both trophies or not. It probably will, but it'll be a couple thousand hours of playtime before anyone can actually test it out. I'm doing my first run on Hardcore. Maybe I'll get to level 99 by Christmas.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NathanielJohn said:

We just don't know if this will unlock both trophies or not. It probably will, but it'll be a couple thousand hours of playtime before anyone can actually test it out. I'm doing my first run on Hardcore. Maybe I'll get to level 99 by Christmas.

Good luck on your quest.  Let us know if you reach the promised land.

• Like 2

If anyone else is down for this madness let me know - I don’t know where the journey will take me but always up for teaming up! Just got D3 play yesterday and after the bounties grind realise that was like training wheels for this release ?

Edited by Arophous

3 hours ago, NathanielJohn said:

The ps5 tracks those trophies, so if you start on hardcore and level up once or twice you can see if both trackers update. If not then it needs to be done twice. Once on normal and once on Hardcore

That is offcourse if you start on a fresh account for Diablo

Edited by Mr_Marty84

Already set off with my hc skelemancer.

I mean yeah the trophies are tough but this to me is THE GAME for grinding. 

Get that loot. 

My goal here is to slowly move through hardcore with the skelemancer, whilst using all the other characters in softcore, whilst grabbing all the other trophies as i go. 

I forgot how nerve wracking early hc is, with unlucky me getting champion packs guarding the entrance to stony field. Aaaaaah. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Smashero said:

LOL if true (from the linked guide):

"Like with other item related achievements, it seems that this would also pop if a friend gave you one, making the entire process unnecessary."

4 hours ago, LegendExeter said:

I haven't played more than 5 minutes of D2 over a decade ago.  

In Diablo 3, when I got the lvl 70 trophy for Hardcore mode, it also gave me the one for regular mode. 

Hope that's the case here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr_Marty84 said:

The ps5 tracks those trophies, so if you start on hardcore and level up once or twice you can see if both trackers update. If not then it needs to be done twice. Once on normal and once on Hardcore

There are already 2 people that finished the game on HC, and the tracker updated for both trophies, so leveling once to 99 in HC should suffice. Not that this makes things any more bearable ?

6 hours ago, NathanielJohn said:

Hell difficulty is essentially NG++. To complete the game on Hell difficulty with all 8 character classes, you will have to play through the game 24 times -- 8 on each difficulty.

Wow I forgot about that. Now I'm not even sure if I can complete the game three times. No game deserves more than three completions IMO. The devs are insane. The person who made the list must be laughing now. "I got you"

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, YokA_sun said:

Wow I forgot about that. Now I'm not even sure if I can complete the game three times. No game deserves more than three completions IMO. The devs are insane. The person who made the list must be laughing now. "I got you"

No more than three times?

*Laughs in Stories Paths of Destinies*

??

• Like 3