What games do you like replaying?

Sunny

Ever since I got into trophy hunting on PS4, I haven't really replayed anything just for the sake of it, but in the old days when I just had my PS3 - Fallout 3, Kingdom Hearts 2, Saints Row the Third, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Brutal Legend, Darksiders II, inFAMOUS 2, and Prototype 2 were my go-tos. Will always love those games dearly.

3 hours ago, Sunnyburrito said:

A friend of mine play Overwatch and Lol since the early days so I can see how it can be fun, off topic but wasn't your nickname Hondahoe? Sorry if it sounds weird it's because the active community members here is rather small and your name was so funny to me that I memorized it hahaha

Yes it was

some twat on psn reported my name for being offensive, so Sony banned it and I had to change it

on the “bright side” I didn’t lose my trophies/games/wallet 

Shenmue 1 and 2 on the DC once or twice a year

Super Mario Sunshine on the NGC but I use emulation now

Super Mario 64 now on emulation, Pour old N64 looks shit on my TV

I do have a consolized MVS so basically arcade machine, Obviously that get played again and again.

gta iv/tbogt. the unpredictable physics and dynamics of gameplay is extremely fun for me, just running around the map or some multiplayer matches that can still be found. gta vice city is an eternal nostalgia, always good to walk along the beach listening to the radios.

Edited by kevao97

I used to play pokemon blue and diamond/gold every once in a while, but not any longer. 

I have completed GTA V a bunch of times, so that's the game i played most times :) 

On PC i return to CS:GO all the time. Sometimes i have 6 months off, and swear to never touch it again, but i always return. 2500+ hours on that game :o 

Edited by TomataEighty9

I come back to certain strategy games and simulations regularly. Civ IV, Europa Universalis III, Alpha Centauri. Currently in another epic campaign with Japan in Hearts of Iron III. FM as well. Rollercoaster Tycoon.

But that's on the PC. On the consoles -- not so many, probably because these kinds of games just are not as prevalent here. I've got seven runs through ME1, five through ME2 and four through ME3, and I'm very certain that these will not be the last runs; P4G and P5(R) all have a couple of runs as well and will be played again -- but I think anything else I played at most twice.

Edited by Zvetiki
typo

I replay Half-Life 2 (especially Ep. 2) and Portal 2 every now and then. Sadly, this is is a PC tradition only. I'd love to see a remaster or even a simple port to modern consoles. Those Valve games are masterpieces and still hold up very well. The fan remake of HL1, Black Mesa, was a good reason to replay that as well.

Another franchise I've replayed quite a few times over the years is BioShock. Replaying them again on PlayStation is on my to do list.

8 hours ago, SuperSmexy500 said:

I tend to not replay games as much as I used to. It's mostly because of the backlog, but as a result of it, because I have more games to play now, I feel less of a need to replay old games (which is something I used to do a lot as a kid).

There's still a few games I replay every few years though, such as:

Sonic Adventure 1 & 2: I've gotten kinda burnt out on these in recent years because I've replayed them so, so much. They're probably the games I've replayed the most. They're honestly not very good games, which becomes more and more apparent with each new playthrough, but they still hold a special place in my heart and the music, while corny, is still very enjoyable to listen to while playing.

Earthbound: One of my first JRPGs aside from Pokemon, and it still remains one of my favourite. It holds a lot of nostalgia for me, and I've yet to find another series quite like it. I'm hoping Deltarune maybe able to scratch that itch a little when it's complete though (I played the 1st chapter when it came out, not bothering with the 2nd one till it's complete). I haven't ever actually replayed Mother 1 or 3, though I've definitely had the urge to replay 3 a few times.

Rollercoaster Tycoon/Zoo Tycoon: I group these together because I often end up dabbling a bit into both when the nostalgia for old PC tycoon games arises. I usually play Zoo Tycoon 2 over the predecessor, same goes for Rollercoaster Tycoon, I'll almost always play 2, rarely ever touch 3. I'll usually just fool around in the sandbox modes for a bit whenever I do replay these, but occasionally I'll replay a few campaign levels for the extra challenge.

Impossible Creatures: Still remains my favourite RTS, and despite losing interest in the genre as the years went by, I still return to this every now and then and play some skirmishes, against the CPU or my husband. I was surprised when I returned to this a few years ago when they released it on Steam, that it still has a fairly active fanbase that makes mods for it. It's such a nice feeling returning to such an old game to discover some dedicated people have made new creatures and maps for it, making the experience just a little bit fresh yet again. The almost infinite possibilities with combining creatures and making new units is what really makes this game so enjoyable for me after so many years.

Pokemon Pre-6th Gen: I specifically pre-6th gen (X & Y), because the 6th gen is when the series starting to go downhill for me. I used to replay an old Pokemon game every year, but I've been doing that less frequently now as I stopped playing the mainline series after Ultra Sun/Moon, as Sword/Shield were just the final straw for me. I semi-watched my husband play Sword, and that was good enough for me. Even he didn't enjoy it much, and he's never been as big into Pokemon as I was most of my life up till that point. I do still enjoy going back to the old games now and again, but my interest in general for the series has just waned, and there's only so many times I can replay old Pokemon games.

There's a few other games I'll replay when I feel the strong urge to, but aside from the games mentioned above, I rarely ever replay a game more than twice.

That's some nice games to go back to and classics will always be good, the Tycoon series I have only heard of I didn't grow up with a PC but my cousin used to play them a lot especially the one you build a park, and it's nice that you and your husband game together from time to time it's a good way to bond even more, my boyfriend is pretty casual but we still play some classic Snes together.

7 hours ago, Ninjise said:

Uncharted is often a serie I like to replay at least once a Year.

Pokémon is another one I often go back to play, especially the older entries.

Pokemon is a franchise I didn't grow up playing sadly, I'm more familiar with the anime than the games but I did play Soul Silver many years ago, I want to get into the franchise but there are so many I don't even know where to start.

7 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

Valkyrie Profile. Still have my ps1 copy, and still play it about once a year. 

I'm still salty we never got the HD version for PS4, heck I'd even take Silmeria, I love Valkyrie Profile so much and hold on to that original copy because they are kinda pricey on the internet.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, PayneKillerTears said:

Yes it was

some twat on psn reported my name for being offensive, so Sony banned it and I had to change it

on the “bright side” I didn’t lose my trophies/games/wallet 

That absolutely sucks, it's a shame because to me it was funny not offensive but you know people on the internet, really glad your account wasn't banned specially if you buy digital games like me that would have been devastating even more so for a petty reason like a nickname.

2 hours ago, Z1MZUM said:

Shenmue 1 and 2 on the DC once or twice a year

Super Mario Sunshine on the NGC but I use emulation now

Super Mario 64 now on emulation, Pour old N64 looks shit on my TV

I do have a consolized MVS so basically arcade machine, Obviously that get played again and again.

Damn that some nice games but I'm more surprised you have a working Dreamcast mine died a few years back and I still have some GDs like Code Veronica, Marvel vs Capcom 2,  Capcom vs SNK 2, Power Stone, Runabout, Draconus and Grandia 2.....Dreamcast was the first console I bought with my own money so its special to me, wish I could go back to it.

2 hours ago, GUDGER666 said:

Donkey Kong Country on SNES. 

That's a classic that will always be great, I grew up playing them and a few weeks back my boyfriend wanted to play all 3 so we beat it together and it was a blast, especially since the last time I had played them was back when I was a kid, and I was really surpised by how well the game still holds up.

5 minutes ago, Sunnyburrito said:

That absolutely sucks, it's a shame because to me it was funny not offensive but you know people on the internet, really glad your account wasn't banned specially if you buy digital games like me that would have been devastating even more so for a petty reason like a nickname.

Damn that some nice games but I'm more surprised you have a working Dreamcast mine died a few years back and I still have some GDs like Code Veronica, Marvel vs Capcom 2,  Capcom vs SNK 2, Power Stone, Runabout, Draconus and Grandia 2.....Dreamcast was the first console I bought with my own money so its special to me, wish I could go back to it.

The DC is finicky but it does have RGB and the console is very easy to mod with a GDemu, So you can remove the drive all together and play through SD cards. I play allot of games on the DC still tbh. The DC also has VGA out which can be converted to HDMI through various methods. Great console.

It is extremely rare that I replay a game, just too many great games that I have not played even once, plus having many other hobbies. It helps if it is a shorter one, like Limbo, or Thomas was alone.

Portal 1 & 2 are also games I replayed, the 1st Portal recently. Arkham Asylum is another one that has personal replay value, also one of my favorite games, I am kinda in the mood to replay it again tbh. Other than that, I really can't remember ever replaying anything else.

Oh, I did replay the 1st couple of hours in Skyrim a few times, but I always reach a point where I just drop it, I guess it does not help that I spent more hours modding Skyrim instead of playing it lol

Inside and Never Alone: I really love the atmosphere in both games and the run from one side to the other and solve puzzles gameplay has something that makes me to come back to once in a while.

Wild Arms 1: One of my first PSone games and I love it to this day. The anime wild west setting and the turn based combat/zelda puzzles gameplay mix is something special for me.

Strider 2 (PSone): I like the 2,5D gameplay and the mix of polygons for the bigger enemies and sprites for the humanoid characters.

GTA Vice City: I don´t "play" the game, I just steal one of the Ferrari knock Offs, drive through the city and listen to the radio stations.

Easily Resident evil 4. Played it back when it came out on the PS2 and instantly fell in love with it. Been playing that game every couple of months ever since it released. Its one of the only games i can somehow never get bored off. Also introduced me to Resident Evil. Thanks to that I went back and played the others and ever since its been my favorite series. Don't think anything will top RE4 for me for a long time. 

I am a very nostalgic person so I tend to replay some of my favourite games all the time.

I keep Bloodborne and Hollow Knight installed on my PS5 constantly so I can jump in and play them any time, despite having 100% on both. I get the urge to do a quick run through Bloodborne at least once every 3 months ?

I used to replay both the original Half-Life and The Last of Us at least once a year, sometimes twice. However that tradition has slipped as for the former, my old PC died so I haven't been able to play Half-Life since and for the latter I haven't been able to bring myself to play The Last of Us since finishing The Last of Us Part II.

Every Halloween I get the urge to play either Alien: Isolation or Dead Space and a Resident Evil game (This year I played through Isolation and REmake)

Around Christmas time I want to play Subnautica. It came out in December of 2018 and every December since then I get the urge to play it.

A new tradition for me is to play Death Stranding around New Year. I got it for Christmas in 2019 and played a shit ton of it in the new year when I was off work, did the same in January of this year and I'm waiting til January next year to do a full proper playthrough of the Director's Cut.

And then at any point I could get a sudden urge to just play through any game for no reason. For instance this year I replayed inFamous Second Son cause I was feeling a bit nostalgic for the time I originally played it, which was spring time 2014. And Last year I replayed Doom 2016 and God of War cause they're just really good games.

Also, I get the urge to play Doom Eternal anytime I see someone else playing it. The gameplay loop in that game is incredible so anytime I see it, I just get the itch to jump in and slay some demons! Currently fighting the urge to play the PS5 upgrade right now because I'm trying to clear my backlog a little before committing to it.

And lastly, I'm currently planning on doing a full playthrough of the entire Metal Gear saga in timeline order, so starting with 3 and ending with 4. This is going to take a shit load of time and honestly I might not even be up to the task but I love these games and I've never experienced the whole story in one go before.

Fuck, how do I even have time to play new games?

8 hours ago, Z1MZUM said:

The DC is finicky but it does have RGB and the console is very easy to mod with a GDemu, So you can remove the drive all together and play through SD cards. I play allot of games on the DC still tbh. The DC also has VGA out which can be converted to HDMI through various methods. Great console.

That I had no idea, I'm not very good at tinkering but I do know a friend who works with consoles his entire life, he's currently a tech guy for Sony, gonna send my DC over and see if he can mod it if so I'll be so happy, thanks for telling me dude.

7 hours ago, reaperveteran86 said:

Inside and Never Alone: I really love the atmosphere in both games and the run from one side to the other and solve puzzles gameplay has something that makes me to come back to once in a while.

Wild Arms 1: One of my first PSone games and I love it to this day. The anime wild west setting and the turn based combat/zelda puzzles gameplay mix is something special for me.

Strider 2 (PSone): I like the 2,5D gameplay and the mix of polygons for the bigger enemies and sprites for the humanoid characters.

GTA Vice City: I don´t "play" the game, I just steal one of the Ferrari knock Offs, drive through the city and listen to the radio stations.

Hi there and yeah Wild Arms is one of my favorite franchises, I beat the original so many times back im the day the soundtrack is so good that is forever imprinted in my memory, I really wish we had gotten Alter Code F for PS4 I never finished that remake. 

7 hours ago, jakD_710 said:

Easily Resident evil 4. Played it back when it came out on the PS2 and instantly fell in love with it. Been playing that game every couple of months ever since it released. Its one of the only games i can somehow never get bored off. Also introduced me to Resident Evil. Thanks to that I went back and played the others and ever since its been my favorite series. Don't think anything will top RE4 for me for a long time. 

I know the feeling but I'm a bit older than you I believe since the original Resident Evil was my first RE game, I have the same feeling you do but for the original RE2 I played it soooo many times and still never get bored of it, I also played a lot of RE4 back in te day I remember getting all stars with everyone in mercenaries, it was the shit.

7 hours ago, jonesey46 said:

I am a very nostalgic person so I tend to replay some of my favourite games all the time.

I keep Bloodborne and Hollow Knight installed on my PS5 constantly so I can jump in and play them any time, despite having 100% on both. I get the urge to do a quick run through Bloodborne at least once every 3 months 1f605.png

I used to replay both the original Half-Life and The Last of Us at least once a year, sometimes twice. However that tradition has slipped as for the former, my old PC died so I haven't been able to play Half-Life since and for the latter I haven't been able to bring myself to play The Last of Us since finishing The Last of Us Part II.

Every Halloween I get the urge to play either Alien: Isolation or Dead Space and a Resident Evil game (This year I played through Isolation and REmake)

Around Christmas time I want to play Subnautica. It came out in December of 2018 and every December since then I get the urge to play it.

A new tradition for me is to play Death Stranding around New Year. I got it for Christmas in 2019 and played a shit ton of it in the new year when I was off work, did the same in January of this year and I'm waiting til January next year to do a full proper playthrough of the Director's Cut.

And then at any point I could get a sudden urge to just play through any game for no reason. For instance this year I replayed inFamous Second Son cause I was feeling a bit nostalgic for the time I originally played it, which was spring time 2014. And Last year I replayed Doom 2016 and God of War cause they're just really good games.

Also, I get the urge to play Doom Eternal anytime I see someone else playing it. The gameplay loop in that game is incredible so anytime I see it, I just get the itch to jump in and slay some demons! Currently fighting the urge to play the PS5 upgrade right now because I'm trying to clear my backlog a little before committing to it.

And lastly, I'm currently planning on doing a full playthrough of the entire Metal Gear saga in timeline order, so starting with 3 and ending with 4. This is going to take a shit load of time and honestly I might not even be up to the task but I love these games and I've never experienced the whole story in one go before.

Fuck, how do I even have time to play new games?

Hahaha I absolutely know the feeling of wanting to go back and play something again because it's just so good,  I'm thinking of playing the Witcher 3 again last time I played and platted it was in early 2017 in my old small ass TV, I think a revisit is in order I miss that game so much.

Skyrim is game that I consistently play at least one a year, I think I am  going to set my PS3 up soon, to finish the platinum this year. I love to start a new game, and role play a certain way each time. Other games I replay, are Phantom Brave, and Dark Cloud 2.

Fallout: New Vegas is a game I will always go back to. I’m so used to the ridiculous amount of bugs and glitches that I’ve grown to like them and understand that they are part of the charm. I’ve completed it countless times and always enjoy it more than the last time

29 minutes ago, LukeTheGooner said:

I have a nice little system that suits me, I don't replay games no matter how much I enjoy them but instead I watch someone else play it on youtube, so it keeps my backlog down and I still get to experience the game again :)

I do this as well. I’ve been playing the PS3 version of Borderlands 2 to mop up the trophies and it’s making me want to do another playthrough so I always watch Joltzdude on YouTube. He always seems to scratch the itch I have ?