What game do you regret paying full price for?

Winterkill-

The Order: 1886

Good game with a straightforward platinum trophy and I enjoyed it but way too short. Preordered but wouldn't have paid more than £10 for it if I'd known how short it was beforehand. That game has since put me off preordering in general. Days Gone and The Last of Us Part II are the only games I've paid full price for since then.

I've brought three games at full price on the PS4....

• Friday the 13th
  • Visage
  • Untitled Goose Game

....and I don't regret either of those decisions.

The only thing I don't so much regret, but, am really pissed about was having to pay £5 for the Darkseid character on Injustice 2 just to pop one DLC trophy that took less than a minute to do. I thought I had every character when I purchased the Legendary DLC, turns out, no, there was a pre-order character with a trophy tied to it. This character never came down in price.

Injustice.....no shit.

• Like 1

I usually don't regret buying day 1. usually my regrets are about Switch games. I bought Wario Ware on release and touched it maybe twice. 

The only PS game that I played right after release and I would regret is Ratchet&Clank Rift Apart, but it was gifted to me, after I mentioned to my friend I wanted to buy it, I would definitely regret that if I paid 70$ with my own money. 

All other games I paid full price for have been great, Resident Evil 2,3&8, Cyberpunk 2077, Life is Strange-True Colors, Guardians of the Galaxy, Yakuza 7, Sackboy, Persona 5 Royal, Alan Wake, and few more, haven't regretted any of those

All of them. I paid full price for TLOU2 to avoid spoilers but after I got to ‘that scene’ I stopped playing it for almost a year. 
The huge discounts a few months after every release have stopped me buying full price digital downloads. So many free games, so many huge games available for under a fiver, no need to spend £89.99 on any game nowadays. 

• Like 2

Usually if I'm buying a game day 1 at full price, it's for the steel case to show off in on shelves, but I've made some mistakes back in day that don't include goodies.

Bought A Way Out for full price to play a coop game with my wife. It was ok but not worth $40. Another is jumping the gun on Everspace because I wanted that Freelancer and Tie Fighter nostalgia again. That game did not fill that...

I think I also paid full price for a physical version of Star Ocean Integrity and Faithlessness, which I played for a couple hours and couldn't get into. I'd like to try it again some day as I did enjoy other Star Ocean games, but trophies aside, is it worth it for a playthrough?

Edited by Grotz99

It's been too long to remember whether I paid full price (new) or a discounted price (lowered new price), but there's only two games I regret adding to my list that would fit the OP's question.

- Trinity Universe

- Way of the Samurai 4

The first one plays very similar to any Neptunia game, with the downside that every weapon has its own combos and attack patterns. This put me off so much because I couldn't keep changing weapons (to increase damage output for keeping up) and re-learn the various attacks.. for each of the many characters that join the combat.

The latter game was probably an unexpected rogue-like, that shouldn't've been a rogue-like. Weapons break too fast, upkeep is costly, and you're probably better off rushing through the story to see all 40+ (maybe) possible paths.

It could be my expectations that were misplaced, or the game's explanation off, but these are the only games I dropped.

Almost every game I buy is discounted, bargain-bin, second hand, or found cheap (below half-new-price).

Buying games cheap, but not playing them for years doesn't really count as a regret, just a long delay... IMO.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain. 

I didn’t pre-order it, so I went to the game shops after work on launch day to find it had sold out everywhere. Tried again the following day and same story. On the third day I managed to track a copy down to my local Argos, went and picked it up at full beans. 

I got home after work that day, played the prologue and earned that first trophy, and then took a break for food. 6 years later and I still haven’t got back from my break yet, the game is just collecting dust on my shelf, and I could pick it up for pittance now if I wanted to. 

• Like 1

On 8.11.2021 at 10:56 PM, Yuzuru Yamai said:

Cyberpunk 2077. A game that has so many bugs and crashes etc that I had a hard time playing it and even though I platinum it and got my full refund. It turns out that CD Projekt RED has failed everything and it should of kept it on PS5 and Xbox Series X only.

finally someone said it

• Like 1

I pretty much never buy games when they're first released so this isn't a problem I encounter very often.  The only instance I can think of is going back a few years when I bought a digital version of Friday the 13th.  This is the one that later went fee on PS Plus but I bough it either on release date or just a few days removed.  I collect slasher films and I'm a huge fan of the film genre so I was intrigued by this title enough to want to play it early.  As it turned out I didn't like it at all and only played it for a couple of weeks before abandoning it forever.  I wasn't into trophy hunting back then so at the time it didn't bother me that I barely earned any trophies.  If I was to have my time over with it again now in my current mindset I'd probably persevere with it a little longer to try and get a few more of the trophies done.  (As it was I only earned about 5).