Elder Scrolls 6 to be exclusive to xbox and pc

SnowxSakura

1 minute ago, MidnightDragon said:

Guess I'm getting it on PC. It's a shame, though. Would've loved to play it on PlayStation, but not meant to be. I love how Phil Spencer has convinced the idiots in the gaming media he's some sort of white knight when he's a lying hypocrite. Well, maybe one day they'll get it. And they'll probably still release the 100th anniversary edition of Skyrim on PlayStation. xD 

The man who was in charge before Phil Spencer wasn't good either. In fact a lot of loyal Xbox fans jumped ship to the PS4 after the Xbox One fiasco.

Now the ship seems to be sailing the other way. I cannot afford a good PC unfortunately. Costs far too much for my low income, and the chip shortage isn't helping either.

• Like 2

Just now, AJ_Radio said:

The man who was in charge before Phil Spencer wasn't good either. In fact a lot of loyal Xbox fans jumped ship to the PS4 after the Xbox One fiasco.

Now the ship seems to be sailing the other way. I cannot afford a good PC unfortunately. Costs far too much for my low income, and the chip shortage isn't helping either.

Once they give a window for ES VI, I'll upgrade. Probably will have the cash then and hopefully things are better by then. I'm not buying an XBox just for that. 

5 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

Once they give a window for ES VI, I'll upgrade. Probably will have the cash then and hopefully things are better by then. I'm not buying an XBox just for that. 

Same. It’s still a long ways out so can upgrade then if needed. It’s a much better investment to upgrade the PC then buy an Xbox for a game or two. And entertainment center space is a hot commodity.

• Like 1

Expected this. I have a Series X and like 10 years of Game Pass so I'm good either way lol, but sucks for fans of the franchise who may have to miss out on it.

As for the whole "better exclusives" thing from the first page... I mean, I'd rather play Naughty Dogs next game and Spider Man 2 over Elder Scrolls if I had to choose, so... /shrug

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Sergen said:

Once upon a time PlayStation fanboys said they have the "best exclusives". This right here has shitted on Sony a lot and I'm glad to see it after all of their arrogance and the toxicity of PlayStation fanboys about being on the "superior platform". I have a gaming PC now so that's where I can experience TES6 whenever it comes and although it might suck that it won't come to PSN with trophies, unlike a lot of games I've played, I'm sure I'd find a way to enjoy it without caring about trophies. 

You know there's much easier ways to let everyone know you now have a gaming PC.

I won't be surprise if they release Starfield and Elder Scrolls 6 in a buggy broken mess and leave modders to fix their stuff, they did it with Skyrim and Fallout 4, let's also not forget how Fallout 76 turned out. I hope I am wrong and both games come out great and work well from day 1 but this is Bethesda we are talking about...and they are pretty lazy.

Cutting off a potential market worth a billion dollars by making it exclusive for one console and PC is the expected dick move from MS. Nobody is going to buy an Xbox console just to play ES6.

Then again Bethesda has been a trainwreck lately, sabotaging their own franchises like Wolfenstein and Fallout with terrible releases.

Just to showcase: Skyrim anniversary edition still has the same bugs and glitches, nothing has been fixed. 

Skyrim however is still a great game and I can see why people love it. But I doubt Bethesda can repeat the success.

Anyways, we don't need a new console war. Everybody should be able to play good games on any console they want. MS just shows that preventing this is them worth $7 billion.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Cal said:

I won't be surprise if they release Starfield and Elder Scrolls 6 in a buggy broken mess and leave modders to fix their stuff, they did it with Skyrim and Fallout 4, let's also not forget how Fallout 76 turned out. I hope I am wrong and both games come out great and work well from day 1 but this is Bethesda we are talking about...and they are pretty lazy.

I already called it. Fallout 76 is to Bethesda what Cyberpunk 2077 is to CD Projekt.

I cannot wait for the travesty that is GTA V on the PS5/Xbox Series X and Starfield on the PC/Xbox Series X. It's pretty much a given that every few big releases nowadays is a giant stinker, where the Twitter mob and Reddit crowd bitch about it until the controversy finally dies down.

It's something I've noticed ever since Dragon Age II and Mass Effect 3 were released. Release a big game people have waited years for in anticipation, then pull the rug out when they realize it's not what they were expecting.

Edited by AJ_Radio
made some notes

I’ll believe it when it’s official. The ESO 6 it’s worth a lot of money to cut off a huge platform like PS from the cake.

It’s not about “logic”, its about recuperating the investment. If their numbers on gamepass or potential consumers across all their ecosystems does not fit their marks when the launch approaches (aka, they are not enough), they’ll probably release it on multiplatform.

Hell, some people think it will come to gamepass day 1, and that’s even less likely thant it coming to PS. Though who knows, gotta maintain those happy faithfuls with a red balance.

Edited by BlackTorito

3 hours ago, Zid960 said:

Exclusive means one... if its on pc and xbox then its not exclusive. Its multi-platform. Also guess im joining the PC master race (again)  when it comes out on steam

Exclusively" | Assassin's Creed | Know Your Meme

I thought this was pretty much a done deal when Microsoft bought Bethesda, I certainly didn't expect any games, other than ones that had already been announced, to come out on PlayStation. It is definitely a shame for those who enjoy Elder Scrolls games.

Parker

• Like 1

Yes, Sony also has a lot of exclusives, and people with only an Xbox miss out on these too. But the difference for me is that Sony starts new IPs and keeps them exclusive on their platform. Microsoft buys existing IPs and then excludes people that have already played games of that IP and are invested in the lore, story, characters, whatever, from continuing the journey so to say. It's like being kicked off a train mid-route and never reaching the destination. That's a whole different thing as never getting on the train because you don't have a ticket...

And I'm fully aware that there probably are IPs where Sony did the same, but I can't think of any from the top of my head, so I probably either simply forgot or didn't care about them. Microsoft did this with the Tomb Raider Reboot, Hellblade, and now with Elder Scrolls, and there are probably more I didn't think of or don't care about... 

1 hour ago, BlackTorito said:

Hell, some people think it will come to gamepass day 1, and that’s even less likely thant it coming to PS. Though who knows, gotta maintain those happy faithfuls with a red balance.

Some people think that? That's because Microsoft said so...

"In a huge move for the games industry as a whole, Microsoft has announced that new first-party Xbox titles will be part of its Xbox Game Pass subscription service – day-and-date with their retail release."

Yes, they could change that policy, but as it stands now, of course it would come to gamepass day 1...

Edited by gernboes
  • Like 4

It will take years for gamers to forget the XB1 launch and basically shooters and racing games. Microsoft will wear this no matter what. I also think Sony is treading on thin Ice with the Dual sense and it's abilities vs diversity in controllers that work anyway.

There is no way ES6 won't appear on Playstation. It's shock value if anything. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Parker said:

Exclusively" | Assassin's Creed | Know Your Meme

I thought this was pretty much a done deal when Microsoft bought Bethesda, I certainly didn't expect any games, other than ones that had already been announced, to come out on PlayStation. It is definitely a shame for those who enjoy Elder Scrolls games.

Parker

I seriously hope Wolfenstein and DOOM aren't affected by this. Granted, Bethesda has only published those games, so I don't know whether or not those will have exclusivity since I haven't read anything about them lately.

Right now I wouldn't bet on Elder Scrolls VI. It's become a running joke that some highly anticipated AAA releases will take forever to come out. Too bad. Bethesda is really getting the reputation of being lazy, which I can't blame people for labeling them as.

I'm not that worried about it. Seeing there's no release date, which once revealed will be delayed multiple times. And once the game is released it will be full of bugs and unplayable. Plus I don't believe they are going to do much about the ridiculous dated running/jumping/clunky combat system they've been using in all Fallout games and in TES since Morrowind.

So a game that has no release date (not even an estimate), is still in the design phase and created by a notoriously buggy developer, is now said to be exclusive on a console that isn't the main focus of this forum?

It's as if companies never change their minds. We'll see what happens.

Right now I'm not concerned in the slightest. Bethesda's latest Fallout fiasco, treatment of Skyrim's glitches, and purchase by Microsoft... let them do whatever they want.

Once the reviews arrive, or the game's actual content... who knows. I might buy it, I might not, I might wait for the "exclusivity" to wear off like it has for so many others.

It's far too early for assumptions and speculation. Has nobody learned their lesson with Cyberpunk 2077 and Fallout76?

On 11/16/2021 at 9:44 AM, trampgav said:

I really hope it arrives on PS eventually. Bethesda can build some great worlds and I’m sad I will be missing out. 
That being said, I’ve bought many Bethesda games and they will now be missing out on my wallet and play time. Yeh yeh before those three negative individuals on the forum get all ‘bluh they don’t need ur money, big companies don’t care about you idiot’ I’m sure when enough of us move away from the company they may realise what they have lost. 

I hope not. Because then exclusive won't mean anything. It won't come to playstation 

• 1 month later...
On 11/16/2021 at 4:46 PM, Quixotesque said:

At the same time, this is good news for PS users. The evident lack of western RPGs (without Obsidian, Bethesda or inXile) has generated a market gap in the biggest console park, something that I imagine that more than one company will try to take advantage of, who knows if we will even see a Sony first party making a game of this style.

That said, this news is expected and at the same time good for everyone.

I don't fully agree with the "it's good for everyone" sentiment because:

1. which company is going to take on the western RPG that can be as grand as Elder Scrolls?  There simply is no other company out there doing that.  
2. quantity =/= quality.  if we get 3 companies that all try their hand at it and come out with 3 mediocre but overall unimpressive games, guess what you have?  3 games that deliver mediocre experience that doesn't equal a great one.  

it sucks for ES/FO fans on PS.  plain and simple.

On 2/1/2022 at 10:09 PM, DarksunDaFirst said:

I don't fully agree with the "it's good for everyone" sentiment because:

1. which company is going to take on the western RPG that can be as grand as Elder Scrolls?  There simply is no other company out there doing that.  
2. quantity =/= quality.  if we get 3 companies that all try their hand at it and come out with 3 mediocre but overall unimpressive games, guess what you have?  3 games that deliver mediocre experience that doesn't equal a great one.  

it sucks for ES/FO fans on PS.  plain and simple.

I understand your thoughts, but there are several things that we cannot know for certain.

First and foremost, the quality of TESO VI. We all here are going to play it when it comes in maybe.... 5-6 years ? It's impossible to predict if they are going to deliver a TES III-quality RPG or a Mass Effect Andromeda/Cyberpunk.

As for other companies, I can see people like CDPR, Spiders, Piranha, Larian or Warhorse creating good WRPGs , maybe not all of them AAA-quality, but from my perspective, a game like Kingdom Come deliverance is a better RPG than the above-mentioned Cyberpunk.

Again, time will tell, and of course, it sucks that PS has lost Bethesda games, but if that means that the company will make better games and less buggy than usual thanks to Microsoft, I am happy. We will find a way to play them for sure.

Greetings and happy New year ;)

Edited by Quixotesque

• 1 month later...

I plan on buying PS5, but XSX? No. Even with Bethesda becoming a Xbox only publisher, the answer is still no. I'll only buy a XSX if my One X dies. Truthfully, my One X is mostly used for 360 backward compatibility. Most recent Xbox console exclusives that interest me have had PC ports, just as ES6 will. You can get almost any Halo on Steam, save for Halo 5. It'll probably be the same for Doom 6.

I'm not counting on new Wolfensteins or Dooms on PS, given that Machine Games and id are subsidiaries of Zenimax/Bethesda. ?

Something I thought of... I wouldn't mind seeing Heretic II get a re-release. MS owns Raven, Activision, and id... so I guess they may have clearance for it. Hopefully they would port it to PS4/5. Quake 1 came to PS after MS bought Bethesda.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RadiantFlamberge said:

Something I thought of... I wouldn't mind seeing Heretic II get a re-release. MS owns Raven, Activision, and id... so I guess they may have clearance for it. Hopefully they would port it to PS4/5. Quake 1 came to PS after MS bought Bethesda.

I hadn't thought of that. That would be so cool, and one of the few bright spots to come from all these acquisitions.