How many ps plus 2021 titles did you play ?

zid2016

Control & Concrete Genie.

I haven't had the pleasure of playing Control on ps5, but I know the ps5 version is vastly superior. C. Genie was a nice surprise – unfortunately I will never get 100% because I don't have access to a VR.

The only ones I remember playing  were Shadow of The Colossus, Need For Speed: Payback and Uncharted 4. Well, technically I've only played Uncharted 4. I haven't got around to playing shadow of the colossus yet and I only played need for speed payback for like 30 minutes. I'm glad no trophies popped because I would've regretted it being there on my list

Skullahh.png

Edited by Skullahh

Normally I add them all to my library but I have been all out of gaming this year until like last month, so I am not sure which plus games I have or not.

Played:

- Wreckfest (Already had it, Platinum)

- Hitman 2 (Already had it, 100%)

Maybe going to:
- Control
- Days Gone
- LEGO DC Super-Villains

So far the only one I have played from this year is FF7 Remake, I played it after I completed the original for the first time so it was unique experience going from the OG to the Remake. It was a great game but the ending was heavily padded and hard mode was quite challenging. 

There are several PS5 games I claimed but don't yet have a PS5, on the bright side I will have a decent amount of games for my eventual new console. Overcooked, Maneater, Plague Tail, maybe 1-2 others.

Greedfall and Kingdoms of Amalur are on my to play list and I am trying to hold out on playing Control on the PS5 but may cave and play it on my PS4. 

• Like 1

None. Most I'll never boot up probably and a few are on my backlog. Final Fantasy VII Remake is a must-play for me either this month or next because I played through the original and enjoyed it.

2021 was a worse year for Monthly Games than 2019 and 2020, at least for PS4 players (most of us). 

I played:

• Maneater (got Plat, no 100% because the DLC is yet too expensive for my taste, game was funny)
  • Control (got Plat + 100%, not a bad game, but expected a bit more)
  • Battlefield V (got Plat, good game)
  • A Plague Tale Innocence (I'm in Chp. 6 now, the game is not bad at all) 
  • Hell Let Loose (got Plat, really liked the game)

Sidenote: Already played and had Plat in Days Gone and Stranded Deep, otherwise I would have played those games too.

There are a few more games from the PS+2021 line-up that I'll played someday later. As usual, too much games, not so much time for them all. As we are all know, there always is a big backlog waiting to be worked on...

Edited by Solid-Fisch
  • Like 1

I can't remember the games off the top of my head but I think I have 22 of the ps+ games platinumed up until December. (some were played on my GFs account)

I'll probably get all 3 plats this month as they are all pretty easy games that I want to play.

People have honestly missed out on some cracking experiences. Lots of people on here and reddit slag off every month calling games shit or "childish" but it's been an absolute blast in my eyes. But I know the vast majority are casual gamers that only play a handful of games a year.

I have probably obtained more platinums in a week than some people have in their lifetime of owning a playstation. So I guess I'm just more open to playing stuff that's with ps+. Honestly a great year for me. Kept me very busy and I'm still got a handful of stuff to finish off. Very pleased overall considering it cost me $25 a year. $2.10 a month is insane value.

• Like 1

I platted Maneater, Control (PS5, and used Plus to clean up the DLC for the 4 version), Maquette, Operation Tango and now working on The Persistence. I intend to play Overcooked and Wreckfest. Most of the rest I probably won't play.

Maneater was probably one of the most enjoyable games I've played in a while. Control was also a great game, but I'd already done the PS4 version so I knew what to expect.

Operation Tango was a pleasant surprise and I enjoyed platting it with @TheRealClayman

But the hidden gem of the year is definitely Persistence. Playing it now, and it is fantastically addictive. A stealth horror rogue like FPS. It takes a bit to get into, and like most rogue games there's lots of dying til you get some decent gear, and yeah, the game isn't long once you get the good gear, but the loot component keeps me wanting to do one more run.

As a bonus, it does NOT require PSVR, and the Enhanced PS5 version is free, so go get it and give it a go. Just don't quit in the first 1-2 hours.

it's curious the fact that most of you don't play ps plus games, should you use the subscription just to play online i guess? in my country it is very difficult to keep a subscription up to date, so i am playing my own games and online only free titles.

Greedfall - whole 10 minutes, just enough to make sure that I really can't play this game without almost wanting to puke. Wish they could fix the camera, but it's never gonna happen. Too bad, because this game seems kinda fun and I'm not the only one with this issue, according to Google. 

Control: Ultimate Edition. Dlc'ed it, had the plat in base game, went back just to get the dlc trophies. 

Concrete Genie, got the platinum. 

Final Fantasy 7 Remake, got the plat. So much filler content, yay! Not really waiting for part 2 after this. 

Remnant: From the Ashes. Surprisingly fun, although after a few hours I've wondered where the comparisons to soulslike games are coming from. 

The Persistence. Got the plat and loved it. I'm not into VR but this one feels like a great VR experience to me. 

Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-reckoning. I loved the game a few years ago, now it was... Fine, I guess? Maybe it's because I've played it previously, it just didn't make the same impression. And I may be the only one, but it feels to me like this was one of the games CDPR was looking at when making The Witcher 3. 

Mortal Shell. Just started it... So far my least favorite soulslike game, but hopefully that will change tomorrow. 

I'll play Marquette, Maneater and probably some more when I get a PS5 in... Whatever year it'll stop being a PS4.5

Edited by the1andonly654

6 minutes ago, kevao97 said:

it's curious the fact that most of you don't play ps plus games, should you use the subscription just to play online i guess? in my country it is very difficult to keep a subscription up to date, so i am playing my own games and online only free titles.

On a US account, 12 month Plus subscriptions were consistently under $30 for years and years. Many people have multiple years bought at that price. So the $2.50 a month, even if it’s for cloud saves and automatic updates, as well as an occasional store discount, is more that worth it, even without playing any of the games that are also made available or playing online at all as part of that $2.50 a month. 

• Like 2

I played 2 of them:

Zombie Army 4 was a good improvement from its predecessor. I like it. Shooting Zombie Nazis is fun. Being a Sniper but shooting at 50 m distance is ridicilous :D But getting 3 season passes to play 9 missions while 6 horde maps are free?  i'm gonna wait for a huge discount to get those dlcs and their related trophies.

Remnant From the Ashes. Fun game, Dark Souls with shooting guns in short. Not an easy game but no wonder by the inspiration of Dark Souls. some bosses were really hard. I even played a bit of the content of two add-ons. Too bad the world is randomly generated, if you want to fight a certain boss, you just need luck if its included :(

3 hours ago, kevao97 said:

I mainly have PS+ for my brother to play online. The occasional free game(s) I actually want to play is a cherry on top. Especially considering I got my subscription for around $40 and got a few hundred dollars worth of free games out of it this year.

Lots of good stuff for me this year!

Maneater - Platinum (also was planning on buying the game)

Shadow of the Tomb Raider - Platinum + All DLC trophies

Concrete Genie - Platinum

Destruction All-Stars - Didn't manage all trophies but my girlfriend and I were both legit playing this almost daily for around two months. We had a lot of fun with it. (also was planning on buying the game)

Maquette - Platinum (also was planning on buying the game)

Oddworld: Soulstorm - Actually did not end up liking it all that much but I was planning on buying it so I consider this a win.

Operation Tango - Still haven't gotten around to it but I was planning on buying it so also a win.

Overcooked: All You Can Eat - I love Overcooked so we're planning on playing this with family over the holiday. Very keen.

Mortal Shell - Have been waiting for an extremely deep sale on this so I'm happy to have gotten it in PS+ even if it's only the PS4 version.

Couple of other games I'm happy to have gotten but haven't really played yet include The Walking Dead: Saints and Sinners, Until You Fall, Hitman 2, Kingdoms of Amalur Re-Reckoning and Godfall: Challenger's Edition. May, July, August and October didn't interest me very much (already owned or had played a lot of the key titles) but on the whole I really feel like I got my money's worth this year. Easily ended up saving money on games I was planning on buying. I tend to get my subs on sale for around $45 CAD/yr. so the value was still great for me and I strongly disagree with some folks' assertions that this year was a bad year for PS+ (although I can sympathize with non-VR PS4-only users missing out on a lot of PS5 or VR-only content).

Edited by liammill18

From 2021's Plus games, I played (and platted):

• Maneater
  • Control
  • Maquette
  • Wreckfest
  • A Plague Tale: Innocence

I might check out Overcooked: All You Can Eat sometime in the future.

If not for my (admittedly silly) self-imposed rule that I only play PS5 games, I would've also checked out Shadow of the Tomb RaiderConcrete GenieFinal Fantasy VII RemakeStar Wars: SquadronsRemnant: From the Ashes, and Mortal Shell.

Pretty good year if you want PS4 games, haha.

I'm only going to mention games I have/plan to play from Plus. If there was a game I already had, I don't consider it a Plus game.

Played

• Control - absolutely loved the game, 100%
  • Zombie Army 4 - nothing spectacular but a fun game. Only wish there weren't so many overpriced DLCs, they are milking the franchise at this point
  • Days Gone - played it twice, got 100%. I'd give it 7/10
  • Battlefield V - stripped and dumbed down BF1 (loved that one, I still play it). The story mode was decent, got 100% but that's not the reason I play BF games. Checked the MP yesterday and it is still alive. It's still pretty bad, way worse than BF1 but still superior to the newest one
  • CoD: Black Ops 4 - this franchise has been going down since CoD 5 for me, but getting it for free and enjoying the campaign for a few hours? why not

Plan to play

• Shadow of the Tomb Raider (I still haven't played the second one but will eventually get around to it)
  • GreedFall
  • Concrete Genie
  • A Plague Tale
  • Overcooked!
  • LEGO
  • Mortal Shell

Played 5 games, plan to play another 7. That's a game a month. There are threads almost every month people complain about the Plus games. I really don't know what people expect for less than $3 a month.

Looking back at 2021, I got way more value out of the service than I paid. I pay $30 for a year sub, making it $2.5 per game and I played titles worth way more than that. Even if I got only those 5 games I played, I would still be happy with the service and no plans to end my sub.

• Like 1