Official PS5 Console Covers

waltdisneypixar

Options are cool. Fun for collectors too. Will stick with the original for now. Maybe down the line. 

Anyone mixing and matching? Black & Blue, Pink & Purple? Other options?

Does this also mean no redesign of the console for a while where plates will be obsolete or considered older?

Edited by MrTrofyHunter

Waiting for a possible Final Fantasy XVI limited edition console cover.

5 hours ago, EverythingOnFire said:

Thanks for the heads-up on this.

Was actually gonna buy off-brand plates later this week, but now I'll hold out for the official. I'm going to get midnight black so my PS5 stops standing out like a sore thumb. Whoever chose to make it white needs therapy.

You need therapy. The white PS5 is the best looking Playstation console, to date. Period.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Valyrious said:

Waiting for a possible Final Fantasy XVI limited edition console cover.

You need therapy. The white PS5 is the best looking Playstation console, to date. Period.

To each their own. Art is subjective.

I like uniformity, and it's obviously out of place next to my PS2, PS3, and Xbox 360. It'll be nice to finally get some official black plates for it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, breakingthegreen said:

I want the Pink one... or Blue. No, wait Purple! Maybe Red.

I mean tbh I would bought this one in a heartbeat if it wasn't competition exclusive.

245155326_5012452368771169_6649341103412107312_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=2d5d41&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ohc=iovi-zNEPV0AX-Gyw6i&_nc_ht=scontent-lcy1-1.xx&oh=00_AT_Y5l4q2ZLGXXFG3_pNB_pM0vt1q2LMBoTSWHL2C6cSPA&oe=61BC4AFE I think my ranking is Dr Who, Purple, Blue, Pink, Red, White then Black. 

You want a Doctor Woke cover to make your PS5 that extra bit woke do you? Be careful, you might offend it.

I really like the black face plate, and LOVE the Baby Blue controller. But I don't need a controller right now, and I know when I do these will be discontinued (it happened a lot with the DS4 colors). Besides, when it comes to a controller, I'm waiting for a transparent one. I've had a see through controller for every PlayStation, would like to keep that minor tradition going. 

The faceplate though...I'm not paying $55 for two literal hunks of plastic. There's just no reason they need to be priced that high, it's the same reason I didn't jump on Dbrand (and because they don't have the PS Logo on the left plate, for obvious reasons). But as much as I like the black, I now feel like I want to wait to see what else they come out with. I would really love a green that's about the color of the V in my avatar. 

5 hours ago, RedDevil757 said:

You want a Doctor Woke cover to make your PS5 that extra bit woke do you? Be careful, you might offend it.

Not wanting to pull this thread off topic, put you're gonna have a heart attack once you learn what the Daleks are based on if you think a female protagonist is too political.

In an attempt to contribute to the convo still, I am glad that black wasn't the default at launch. The only console I've had that wasn't black since 2005 was my blue 3DS. I'm doubly happy that I could (but won't) Nintendo switch this thing and have potentially two different coloured plates.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Probably old news at this point (I'm always behind with these sorts of things), but in the USA you can pre-order both the Midnight Black and Cosmic Red covers from Playstation Direct. Not sure about other parts of the world. Looks like you can pre-order the new Dualsense's as well.

https://direct.playstation.com/en-us/accessories/ps5