Servers shutting down August 12, 2022 - Offline bots don't count for trophies

I thought Killzone: Mercenary we’re already shut down to be honest but I have the platinum on both games mentioned so no worries for me but good luck with everyone else who is chasing the platinums on one of or both of them games. 

3 hours ago, Jerry_Appleby said:

I managed to get all the online/MP stuff done in just over 1 week total ( 8 days). And this is including the fact that I work fulltime so I had limited hours to begin with.

As others have mentioned, you can start public games by yourself and you can also play against bots to finish nearly everything solo.

Important things to keep in mind:

-You need 1 partner for one challenge, which is for getting people to use your ammo drops, as the AI will not pick up anything from you.

-The co-op can be done solo, but I did it with just one partner and it went really well as the mode is quite easy.

-There are online collectibles that you can get solo, but you will need to be in a public game.

-You only need the 1 partner for the ammo challenge, everything else can be done solo if you wish!

Best way to approach everything:

1. I would recommend getting the online collectibles done first. With the amount of players going up near the shutdown, this means it will be harder for you to get them (they only spawn once per match, and only 1 person can shoot them per game). So focus on that first.

2. Get the one co-op challenge done for the ammo boxes.

3. Play the co-op mode with a friend or solo it, and get everything done.

These things above took me 5 days of playing to finish (mainly based on work schedule and when my partner was available). The ammo challenge takes under 10 minutes so the bulk of this timeframe was the co-op.

4. Grind the rest of the weapons/abilities against bots.

^You can work on this in between the co-op mode whenever your partner is unavailable. It took me 3 days to finish all these.

Hope this info helps! 

What are the online collectibles for again?

3 hours ago, Jerry_Appleby said:

Yes, but you have to make your lobby public, so there's a chance that others may join your session.

I think what I did was get a lobby up, find the collectible, then quit the game and start up a new lobby. Because otherwise you'd have to wait for the timer to finish each game, and you'd be standing around doing nothing until the end.

I also cannot remember if there is any notification of a collectible still being available or not in a game (it's been over 2 years since I did the grind).

So really this means that players aren't really competing with each other right? Every person can just host their own session to try and find the collectible (although of course there will be players playing the game naturally who don't care about your trophy hunting) but for the most part, I'd imagine more players doesn't necessarily mean it will make this as difficult as some others have stated it might be or am I wrong?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheRedMaverick said:

So really this means that players aren't really competing with each other right? Every person can just host their own session to try and find the collectible (although of course there will be players playing the game naturally who don't care about your trophy hunting) but for the most part, I'd imagine more players doesn't necessarily mean it will make this as difficult as some others have stated it might be or am I wrong?

i tried hosting my own, i didnt see a choice to do so, if you figure it out let me know.

1 hour ago, TazDevilz1986 said:

Since i am Dutch and Guerilla games are from the Netherlands of course, i will call them tommorow and ask if they can extend the shutdown dates lol. A question can't go wrong though.

Good luck lol

If they extend it, I'll do'em. I don't have as much time as I used to for grinding out multiplayer trophies, esp on a small time constraint.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, lucky0ne16 said:

i tried hosting my own, i didnt see a choice to do so, if you figure it out let me know.

Hosting your own really works if you're hosting a warzone that's hidden from the main server browser. IE like the pistols only warzone that was only available through the shadow fall website back when it worked

2 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Hosting your own really works if you're hosting a warzone that's hidden from the main server browser. IE like the pistols only warzone that was only available through the shadow fall website back when it worked

how u manage to create your own with collectables. everytime i create one or look for one its filled with people

Ubisoft gives Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Revelations, AC III and Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist (I may be missing a couple games) TWO FULL MONTHS, but Guerrilla Games gives both Killzone: Shadowfall and Killzone Mercenary THREE MEASLY WEEKS?!?

Bullshit. Absolutely no consistency as to when gaming companies should announce their servers will shut down. Mortal Kombat 2011 was almost a shadow server shutdown. Just a bunch of horsecrap.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, lucky0ne16 said:

how u manage to create your own with collectables. everytime i create one or look for one its filled with people

I played back when the shadows fall website still worked, and the developers had special warzone variants on their profiles that you could add to your favorites. They don't show up in the normal server browser, but you can still host them yourself by looking in your server history

Qp9KFx7.jpg

It'll look like this

1 hour ago, SnowxSakura said:

They're golden looking ammo boxes hidden around each map, there's 1 per game. Once it's been destroyed, you can just leave the lobby and start a new one

For some reason every time I find one I shoot it but I don’t get any points. Is there something I’m doing wrong?

3 minutes ago, BadCoolRad said:

For some reason every time I find one I shoot it but I don’t get any points. Is there something I’m doing wrong?

someone must have claim them already