PS5 store now defaults to Best Sellers, sorts cheap Platinum games to bottom

Alos88

2 minutes ago, cameronalan said:

I don't mind some of these easy games, My glass half full view is that they are trying to raise money to develop and make better games  

It's not about whether 'easy' games exist or not or the difficulty. It's about how Sony curates and manages its entire storefront ecosystem in virtually all aspects.

Edited by Crispy_Oglop
  • Like 1

We're way past the stage of them ever going back to being selective about which games can have a platinum so this seems like the best solution available to try and avoid hidden gems being washed away in the increasing waves of trash the store is hit with now

Just now, BennyWalton66 said:

Define "all of them". Where is the line drawn?

I think the Jumping games are probably the best example of where the line should be drawn. We're literally only a few steps above autoplats that require no imputs whatsoever, if Sony don't start trying to right ship soon you'll start seeing fancy wallpapers that reward you with trophies for having them idle for X amount of seconds...

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, shakie19 said:

But they will still plague this site in the new games list…

I was about to come here and comment the same thing. Its such a shame that games which deserve the time of day get absolutely washed out by these types of games.

8 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

It’s about fucking time. The endless amounts of garbage was really starting to annoy a lot of us.

It won't change much anyway IMHO.

People who are buying those games are getting info about the new releases mostly from the "NEWS" section of this site or some "check my new 1 minute platinum video guys" movies, so it doesn't matter if they appear on the top of PSS site / Store on the console or they are hidden on the bottom.

Those who are buying them will still do. I personally can't believe that more than really few people really bought one of those "jumping" games because they were promoted as NEW on PSS or after reading the actual description of the "game".

On the other hand - maybe it is really a first step...

Edited by Smashero
  • Like 2

This doesn't change anything. 

It's still the same amount of these trophy wallpaper "games" being pushed out.

When talking about the 315 points which was the maximum value before, I still can't understand the trophy system on PSVR games.

There is a huge number of good and big VR games which have no platinum trophy, while at the same time you can click 1 button on shovelware to get many more points.

What's the deal with this?

Sony being strickt with trophy requirements on PSVR games like they used to do in the PS3 era, or just the developers not wanting a platinum in their gamers?

Sorting by best sellers means ruining discoverability for all lesser known indies, not just these. I imagine that those who do not sell platinum trophies are hurt even more since they will be further down the list of best sellers. We know that The Jumping Food games do sell decent numbers but other indies might not.

Edited by iriihutoR84

2 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Does the presence of a couple nitwits here that think that mean the whole PSNProfiles community does?

That rag claimed there are whole communities that assign “respect” directly to number of platinums. 

Of course not, not here. I can imagine that there could be some FB groups or sth, but I rather doubt, never seen sth like that.

I brought up this exact topic in another thread the other day, I didn't want to create a whole new thread for it. I think it's a start. It isn't a perfect solution obviously, however, it removes these games out of sight for the people who have no interest in them, so at least it's something and it's probably the best we're going to get for now. And I do think that's the biggest problem. People who don't care about these games are forced to see them all the time whether it's via the 'New Games' section on the PlayStation Store or (especially so) the psnprofiles front page. If we didn't have to see them so prominently then I think a lot of us simply wouldn't care about them. Sure, there are people who don't want these games to exist at all, but I'd be happy if I just didn't have to see them all the time. It's so difficult now to find actual games here on the front page. It's probably more common these days to discover new games via 'trophy thoughts' threads whenever they pop up, and obviously that shouldn't be the case.

• Like 2