“So bad it’s great” movies!

JRPGChris

From Ed Wood to Herschell Gordon Lewis to Lucio Fulci to Tommy Wissou, this thread is a celebration of movies that entertain precisely because of how horrible they are.

I nominate Glenn Danzig’s Verotika as one of the greatest and most hilarious bad movies ever produced.

Madonna’s Body of Evidence could have easily been marketed as a parody and it might have been better received if it did that.

What are your favorite bad movies?

• Like 3

don't skip this one: Miami Connection

Official Description: 

The year is 1987. Motorcycle ninjas tighten their grip on Florida's narcotics trade, viciously annihilating anyone who dares move in on their turf. Multi-national martial arts rock band Dragon Sound have had enough, and embark on a roundhouse wreck-wave of crime-crushing justice. When not chasing beach bunnies or performing their hit song "Against the Ninja," Mark (kung-fu master/inspirational speaker Y.K. Kim) and the boys are kicking and chopping at the drug world's smelliest underbelly. It'll take every ounce of their blood and courage, but Dragon Sound can't stop until they've completely destroyed the dealers, the drunk bikers, the kill-crazy ninjas, the middle-aged thugs, the "stupid cocaine"...and the entire MIAMI CONNECTION!!!

My word of warning... there is an original song from this movie called "friends (forever)" and it will become your new favorite song. catchy as hell. 

Enjoy!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

Who doesn't love the parade of bat-nipples, bat-butts and bat-crotches?

Not to mention the iconic scene where he uses a Bat Credit Card which made the Nostalgia Critic lose his freaking mind.

The Arkham games really dropped the ball by not having this be a gadget you could use.

• Like 1

The Room. The so bad that it's good done on pure accident, this is the queen and the king of the "genre". 

If it was that way on purpose - I'd call Tommy Wiseau a genius comparable to Tarantino. Literally every shot, scene, a piece of dialogue has something that is off, weird, unintentionally funny or just plain stupid but in the best possible way.

• Like 1

Hard Ticket to Hawaii

bOfPkqk.jpg

Inflatable-sex-doll-skateboarding-rocketlauncher-kills? We've got 'em!

nje3AJK.gif

Silent Night Deadly Night 2 

mYnckGV.jpg

You don't need to watch OG, the whole first movie is reedited and summed up in excruciating detail in this movie, also, this is the legendary 'garbage daaaaay' movie.

p2ic5eP.jpg

Zaat

Ft59kx0.jpg

The blu-ray re-release is in widescreen format, so now you'll see the already shitty monster costume having it's feet replaced by white sneakers for the actor's commodity. It's mental.

f4ZP80X.jpg

Death Wish 3

vkZDXzc.jpg

At this point every single person he loves/cares for has been raped and murdered (or both) so new characters are introduced just so they can suffer the same fate. Also, it has the best reaction gif ever.

8jI4Dtx.gif

Low Blow

3We794q.jpg

Ahhhh good-old and recently deceased Leo Fong (RIP) and this über cheesy cop flick featuring an unexpected and unexpectedly bizarre head splat sequence.

puyEgCx.gif

Miami Connection

9v6LteW.jpg

Leo Fong again, and featuring an end quote that'll stay with me forever: 'Only through the elimination of violence can we achieve world peace' after witnessing one of the most needlessly violent movies out there.

Swfl6mo.gif

Samurai Cop 

x7WB9Us.jpg

"He speaks fluent Japanese" followed by the most American pronunciation of Fujiyama: Fooyeeyamah)

Last Vampire on Earth

MbuBVw3.jpg

KFC = Fancy dinner, also aids and the titular vampire claims he 'heard one of Jesus' sermons back in the day' this is a Twilight knockoff btw, but everyone is so fucking ugly which is the only thing Twilight did right

Jaebcau.gif

Suburban Sasquatch

Duu56wb.jpg

They could only afford one creature growl so be ready to hear it a million times. They couldn't afford a car camera mount neither so the driving sequences are filmed at the lowest possible speed so the cameraman can properly film as he walks. Also, most bizarre gore ever.

6ohXEU8.gif

Frankenhooker

UbvPQlb.jpg

After accidentally killing his gf on her birthday with an out of control robotic lawnmower (!) and saving her mangled bodyparts (including her intact brain), our MC decides to kill one hooker (or a dozen) so he can make her a new body. So romantic!

LBQaYVK.gif

The Wicker Man (Remake)

74XCM2L.jpg

The legendary NOT THE BEEEEES movie is a shitty reimagining of the horror classic.

Xz6irQi.gif

These are some of my favorite bad movies.

About to watch Vampire's Kiss one of these days, that one has potential.

ogqVFlb.jpg

Edited by BlitzkriegHottie
Added covers and gifs.
  • Like 4

Tekken (2009). The main source of entertainment is how poorly they portrayed every single character from the game. The world and the story are stupid too. Tekken players will have a laugh for sure. Just watch the trailer and see what you think. 

Resident Evil: Afterlife might be worth watching for this scene alone. Or you know what, just watch the video, and skip the movie.

And that's probably it. I rarely watch bad movies, but twhen I do, they're bad and boring. I'll have to watch The Room and Samurai Cop some time in the future to cover the gaps and educate myself on these masterpieces.

Edited by Slava
  • Like 1

On 12/28/2022 at 4:10 PM, Alex_Gorbatschow said:

Death Wish 3.  

Charles Bronson and vigilante 80s action cheese at its peak. 

Actually its real name before cinema release was supposed to be Death Wish III, but luckily Cannon Films found out that most Americans aren't able to read Roman numerals....

His friend Wally simply being a custom magnum revolver had me crying with laughter

Edited by majob

Rad 

Trashy 80s teen movie, but with BMX bikes. What more could you ask for? 

Lori Loughlin? Yes! Also on a BMX bike. The music is also fire.

Edit: Just in case anyone asks if I own the VS 4K Blu-ray release. Aye, I do. I pre-ordered as soon as they annouced it.

Y7t3QKk.jpeg

Freejack

The king of shit Blade Runner clones. This 1992 dystopic 2009 future tense cat and mouse chase sci-fi is the utter bollocks in all the worst, and best ways possible. The trailer for it is actually very good, in large part due to Ministry's Golden Dawn playing over it.

What you really want to watch this one for though is Mick Jagger's terrible acting. Take a look. It's wonderful.

Robocop 3

Yeah I like Robcop 3, sue me. I'll always defend it on the basis it at least had the potential to be a true sequel to the original. It's got strong themes of urban gentrification, and some pretty bad ass scenes.

I'll post more as this thread progresses or, regresses further, depending on your point of view.

Edited by TheBusToYoker
  • Like 3

On 29/12/2022 at 10:25 AM, Slava said:

Resident Evil: Afterlife might be worth watching for this scene alone. Or you know what, just watch the video, and skip the movie.

Christ alive, I wanted to choke the life out of those 3 idiots the instant they started their OTT hysterics.  Remind me to never again watch any of their videos.