Trophy Thoughts?

GothGirlMaxine

The lack of a platinum will likely put some people off, given this is a full price game, but what's everyone thinking about this game?

Some of the trophies might be grindy, but we can't really say for sure yet. Personally I'm put off by the price but maybe if it's on sale one day. 

• Like 3

It looks really grindy for not having a platinum. Platinum or not, it's a fun game but the trophies look too brutal. I didn't like ranked, it could be because the pool was very limited but everyone was super sweaty. It really surprised me, so getting 100 wins in first place in ranked might painful. Everything else just seems super grindy, the one about getting 100 levels, I get the impression that is for the battle pass system. It did have 100 levels otherwise I don't know what it's referring to. I'm not a fan that there's a lot of emphasis on winning and playing ranked. The casual mode is fun, you get a lot of progress even if you don't place in the top three. 

• Like 1

Disappointing that there’s no platinum, especially with how much of a grind the trophies are gonna be. With any luck, we can hopefully boost them in private lobbies or some easier method.

i do agree though that the trophy icons look great referencing Disney Movies or characters.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rainbow Dash said:

The lack of a platinum will likely put some people off, given this is a full price game, but what's everyone thinking about this game?

I thought this game was supposed to be FTP unless they changed their mind? I think what you can buy atm is just "founders" for early access and bonus cosmetics, anyway I agree with what others have said about icons and grindy trophys, I hope it is still FTP cause I was looking forward to trying this out.

Edited by MetalSoulz
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ChecoMayor said:

Seems weird and no plat, I guess we'll have to try the game first to see how it feels and then decide to go for 100%

Probably if we reach devs we can ask for a plat? Maybe 

Im pretty sure sony made a rule that free to play games that rely on microtransactions connot have a plat. I assume to stop people from just spending hundreds to get the plat then let a live service game die.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, syn1905 said:

Im pretty sure sony made a rule that free to play games that rely on microtransactions connot have a plat. I assume to stop people from just spending hundreds to get the plat then let a live service game die.

Yeah, they'd really hate if that happened... lol (wouldnt a longer platinum increase the chances of a game living on longer?). Pretty sure their platinum requirements are just random, possibly decided using dice rolls or names out of a hat.

These trophy icons look pretty cool, if the game is fun id give it a bash :)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, syn1905 said:

This would actually make sense, as F2P's rarely have plats. 

If all of the MP trophies were taken out I'd try it, but since they're there, I won't ever bother, free or not. 

I'm sure there is some threshold for money coming in that this game will need to stay above in order for the servers to continue to exist, too, so if you want the 100% you need to play early. 

I wonder if the lame battle passes will add trophies as well? 

• Like 1

What the heck is up with games getting nearly full lists with no plats now? No plat games use to be limited to like 12 trophies and 200 points, now we have no plat games with 20+ trophies and 700+ points.

Seems like the trophy standards are just gone completely. I wish Sony would at least let us know what is going on, but it seems like they just lost all care for moderating trophy standards and it just keeps getting worse.

15 hours ago, syn1905 said:

It is free to play. This is early access founders stuff like dreamlight valley.

And dreamlight valley has a plat (that's still unobtainable)

• Like 2

On 4/11/2023 at 7:51 PM, Rainbow Dash said:

Some of the trophies might be grindy, but we can't really say for sure yet. Personally I'm put off by the price but maybe if it's on sale one day. 

The trophy list does look nice but surprised there isn't a platinum for it.

On 4/11/2023 at 7:51 PM, Princess Luna said:

$30 isn't full price, but agreed no platinum does suck. Especially when Disney Dreamlight Valley has one and was also $30.

On 4/11/2023 at 7:51 PM, Princess Luna said:

The lack of a platinum will likely put some people off, given this is a full price game,

You consider $30, full price? Also, the game is going to be F2P at some point. Both far from being a full price game.