Abby_TheLastofUs

What will the next remake be?  

193 members have voted

1. 1. What will the next remake be?

• Resident Evil – Code: Veronica
    • Resident Evil 5
    • Resident Evil remake remake
  2. 2. Favorite remake

Given the scenes at the end of both RE4 and Separate Ways, it will almost certainly be RE5. Although, I would much rather a Code Veronica remake.

The original remake is perfect as is, although I'd be interested to see how they would handle another remake.

I'm hoping Capcom aren't destined to repeat history. RE4 started the downfall of the series and although it was a great game, RE5 doubled down on its worst parts and RE6 even more so. If they're seriously going to remake RE5 they're going to have to be careful. It's an important entry into the story so they can't change too much but the game is too long and it gets a little silly towards the end, zombies with guns? Really? Also, it will have to include Lost in Nightmare as it's integral to the story. I'd rather it be included on release rather than released as DLC later like SW was.

I love all the remakes but RE2 takes it for me, it's damn near perfect. I like RE3 but it's too short and near unrecognisable to it's original, I mostly just enjoy the portrayal of Jill and Carlos. Capcom need to reintroduce them ASAP. RE4 remake was great but if it came down to it, I'd probably play the original over it.

EDIT: Also, another thing. I swear to god Capcom if you change any of the actors for these games I'm going to go crazy. You have the best versions of these characters in your hands at the moment, don't throw it away. You already did it with Ada but she's not part of the big 4 so I let it slide. Nick IS Leon, Stephanie IS Claire, Nicole IS Jill and Chris, well, I'm not really sure who Chris is at the moment, Jeff did a good job in Village but he's playing an older version, plus he was Carlos too. Pay some money and get Roger Craig Smith back.

Edited by jonesey46

In my opinion 5 was decent I guess. I did enjoy it at the time, but it’s more of an action game then a resident evil game. 6 on the other hand was absolute trash. I’m going to be highly surprised if they remake either of those.

Code Veronica and the first game I would love to see remade, but I’m looking forward to RE9 more then anything.

Edited by Mr_Fluffy_Pants_

1 hour ago, Ptirle said:

In this poll, people like re2 remake more with cut content and one scenario in comparison to original re2 with 4 scenarios, to re4 remake which is way better then re2 remake and og re4? Some things to wonder....

I think for a lot of people RE2 just really hit the mark on a very good RE game, and was a lot of people's first foray into the series. As someone who had never played the original RE2, I loved my time with it! Having gone back now to play the original, I can absolutely understand the complaints about cut content and scenarios really having no point in the remake, but it's still a fantastic game.

That being said, I am shocked that it is lower than RE4 here.. Maybe everyone went to bingo or something

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ptirle said:

In this poll, people like re2 remake more with cut content and one scenario in comparison to original re2 with 4 scenarios, to re4 remake which is way better then re2 remake and og re4? Some things to wonder....

RE2 remake and original are completely different games and experiences. Not only are fans of modern survival horror much more likely to prefer the remake over the original, but also prefer it over RE4, which is much more action focused. Remember, RE7 is what revived the series, the most survival horror RE title since the remake of 1.

You saying RE4 remake is better than the original is purely subjective. Both are immediately playable on modern systems and the original holds up really well so I think opinion on which is better would most likely be split down the middle, although nostalgia might win out on that one.

8 minutes ago, dezzed said:

I think for a lot of people RE2 just really hit the mark on a very good RE game, and was a lot of people's first foray into the series. As someone who had never played the original RE2, I loved my time with it! Having gone back now to play the original, I can absolutely understand the complaints about cut content and scenarios really having no point in the remake, but it's still a fantastic game.

That being said, I am shocked that it is lower than RE4 here.. Maybe everyone went to bingo or something

The original RE4 was a revolutionary title and when it released, nobody had played anything like it. Whilst the remake is a good game, it has the same basic gameplay as the previous two remakes. It just didn't hit the same way, know what I mean?

Edited by jonesey46
wording
  • Like 3

If they announced them as remakes then that could be hopeful as Capcom themselves say that RE2 and RE3 are RE-Imaginings and not remakes. So far capcom as only done 2 remakes RE1 and RE4 and minus a few issues with RE4 it was very well done. RE1 Remake is a masterpiece so there is no need to re-imagine it. While the 2 re-imaginings are good games they are not so great versions of RE2 and RE3.

My concern for Code Veronica is they would butcher the main villain and probably remove more stuff from the game. He was a screwed up nutjob who kept thinking he was his own sister since she was indisposed. FC or OTS would both work for Code Veronica however you would change a lot of the atmosphere in OTS. I think a Dynamic FC would work best though that is just me.

I still have not played RE7 or 8 due to the camera, I would have bought RE8's Gold edition if everything was on the disc for the Third Person perspective. So I cannot comment on those 2 games.

I do agree with one of the above posters that the Outbreak games would be the best choice in todays market, never played them myself though.

While a re-imagining can be done right and very well capcom has not proven that they can do a re-imagining right just yet. I will give the next game a chance either way.

https://www.residentevil2.com/us/about.php

1 hour ago, Ptirle said:

They could have done so much better with the RE2 Re-imagining it feels more like they just threw it together in a short time along with RE3. I understand where you are coming form on this one none the less. I do feel the 2 remakes are far superior to the 2 re-imaginings, if they had taken a bit more time to work on RE2 it could have been so much better.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, jonesey46 said:

The original RE4 was a revolutionary title and when it released, nobody had played anything like it. Whilst the remake is a good game, it has the same basic gameplay as the previous two remakes. It just didn't hit the same way, know what I mean?

I can agree with that, honestly. It is definitely subjective but I am happy we even have options to be spoiled over like this. Good time to be a Resident Evil fan for sure

Edited by dezzed
  • Like 2

i be honest, remakes of anything just needs outbreak or code veronica x. but it will mostly likey be 5 before it. most of the remakes were fun but i feel they never can get to the level of re1 remake. as they always take away things from the og and never give it back or it loses alot of the old games charm.

• Like 2