Ps Plus   

220 members have voted

1. 1. Rate December 2023's PS+ Extra/Premium lineup

• Awesome
    • Great
    • Good
    • Bad
    • Awful
  2. 2. Which game are you most interested in for Extra?

• Grand Theft Auto V
    • Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin
    • Moto GP23
    • Metal: Hellsinger
    • Salt and Sacrifice
    • Moonscars
    • Mega Man 11
    • Gigabash
    • Grime
    • Tinykin
    • Prodeus
    • Shadowrun Returns
    • Shadowrun: Dragonfall – Director’s Cut
    • Shadowrun: Hong Kong – Extended Edition
    • None
  3. 3. Which game are you most interested in for Premium?

• Mega Man Legacy Collection
    • Mega Man Legacy Collection 2
    • Thrillville
    • Thrillville: Off the Rails
    • Buzz Lightyear of Star Command
    • None

This is quite an impressive month for once. Besides GTA 5 (which is a no brainer), Metal: Hellsinger is something I’ve been waiting to grab due to its price.

But I’m more exited for both Thrillville games, as I have Off The Rails on my PS2. I’m just one of those players that makes my roller coasters where it makes my guests puke. I also like to make the tickets for the ride very pricey for money 🤣.

• Like 1

GTA V on PS5 is a win for me as I haven’t played this since PS3 and the GTA VI trailer has me excited again.

Since my online progression won’t carry over, I won’t be doing all of that, nor grindy single player trophies, but I might as well enjoy the campaign and collect many of the miscellaneous trophies again.

Can’t say I’m interested in any of the other games listed.  

1 hour ago, jasondm300 said:

If your completion doesn't matter, I have heard the DLC is awful and unnecessary.  I bought it because I'm a slave to the FF machine, but I haven't beaten the main game yet.  If you like Nioh, you will appreciate it.  Nioh is better, but this is a pretty fun one

Then I'll give it a try!! I've checked it and the DLCs are only 15€, so if I want to get the 100% it wouldn't be so expensive. Sad to hear that they are not that good...

Thanks a lot for the advice! :)

• Like 1

Salt & Sacrifice and Moonscars and Prodeus have been on my wishlist for awhile so I’ll definitely have to check those out, and there’s a handful of games I’ve never even heard of so I’ll be looking those up too to see if there’s any gems. Overall I’d say it’s a pretty decent lineup, not much to complain about this month.

Edited by dieselmanchild

38 minutes ago, Kefka1986 said:

Then I'll give it a try!! I've checked it and the DLCs are only 15€, so if I want to get the 100% it wouldn't be so expensive. Sad to hear that they are not that good...

Thanks a lot for the advice! :)

As one of the guide writers for all 3, only the second one, Wanderer of the Rift, is actually a pain in the ass and almost as time-consuming as the plat; the other two can have their trophies knocked out in a few hours each and, if you're interested in lore-tying across the franchise, are pretty fun...IF you use the infinite mana exploit.

• Like 1

I've been eyeing Shadowrun every time  the trilogy has been on sale only to eventually not bite. Completely confused how that series can apparently  barely move copies. The games are not that bad accoridng to reviews, just somehow ignored.

Other than that, kinda a meh month. Nothing stands out to me at all.

I'll recognize that this month isn't that great, but I've been eyeing GTA V for years and they finally made it free, really glad. I couldn't justify just buying it again but I really been wanting to play again for the first time in years and see how it holds up today. 

It's really weird that I don't know many of the games, maybe I'm out of touch, anyway, I'll also give CHAOS a try only because of the subtitle it holds lol.

I want something to be said anyways, these kind of services hold hundreds games, more than what you see here. With Netflix you can see a movie in two hours but with games, some of them take dozens of hours, which makes the service a lot more valuable. If you want to complete every game of this month, you won't even make half of the list before they announce the next batch.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Jeanolt said:

I'll recognize that this month isn't that great, but I've been eyeing GTA V for years and they finally made it free, really glad. I couldn't justify just buying it again but I really been wanting to play again for the first time in years and see how it holds up today. 

It's really weird that I don't know many of the games, maybe I'm out of touch, anyway, I'll also give CHAOS a try only because of the subtitle it holds lol.

I want something to be said anyways, these kind of services hold hundreds games, more than what you see here. With Netflix you can see a movie in two hours but with games, some of them take dozens of hours, which makes the service a lot more valuable. If you want to complete every game of this month, you won't even make half of the list before they announce the next batch.

Bear in mind that GTA is likely only there for the bare minimum of 3 months before it gets removed.

• Like 1

Extra:

-Grand Theft Auto V - I've never been a huge fan of this series. Played some of the second game way back when. I want to say I'll think on this one more, but really my interest is pretty low.

-Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin - Already said this in the other thread, I just wasn't impressed enough with the demo to warrant buying. This would be pretty much the only way I'd play it. Interest isn't very high though.

-Moto GP23 - Racing games aren't typically my thing.

-Metal: Hellsinger - An interesting one. I dislike FPSs as a general rule and I'm also not a great fan of rhythm-type game. Also, this looks like it would be a nightmare to play with a controller regardless. All that said, I already own a PC copy. Specifically, I bought the soundtrack and it came with the game as a bonus. I'd rather just play it there if I play it at all.

-Salt and Sacrifice - Souls-likes just don't do it for me.

-Moonscars - New one to me. Kinda souls-y, metroidvania-y thing? Might be worth a single playthrough, not sure if I'd want to mess with completion. Low end of the mild interest list.

-Mega Man 11 - Oh, here's a little stocking stuffer. Middle of the high interest list, providing I can find lots of time to just sit with it.

-Gigabash - Still kinda salty 12 years later about Colossal Kaiju Combat falling flat due to a shit dev team putting on a comedy of errors. This looks good, though. OST slaps, got it going right now. Low end of the high interest list.

-Grime - Doom and gloom metroidvania thing? Perhaps. Going to need to look deeper into this one, the quick videos I'm pulling up make it seem like a pretty slow burn. Placement pending, with the admission that I've been in the mood for a metroidvania deal lately.

-Tinykin - Adorable, entertaining, short. Day one download.

-Prodeus - FPS, pass. OST kicks ass, though, might download that.

-Pile of Shadowrun - Collectively on the low end of the high interest list. Always wanted to sit down with this series, but it's a lot of game to work through.

Premium:

-Mega Man Legacy Collection 1/2 - Merry damn Christmas. Been meaning to buy both collections for years, PSN+ provides.

-Thrillville - There is a lot going on here and it's all good. Now give me a trophy list.

-Buzz Lightyear of Star Command - This is a good game. Far too many timed missions for my taste, though. Now give me a trophy list.

Not a stellar month for me. My PSN+ renewal date is just after the new year, so I've got some thinking to do.

• Like 1