Ps Plus Essentials February First Game

Sailar91

Genuine question, would people have preferred Suicide Squad Kill the Justice League?

Because Foamstars had positive buzz from previews and a healthy appreciation from the beta.

SS: KtJL on the other hand has a negative previews and is anticipated to be a bore.

if you answer no: fair enough, call Foamstars trash.

If you answered yes then I think that you are only excited by recognisable names, or the games that the hype machine dictate you to like. 

Look at the old ps blog posts and you’ll see people thought Rocket League and Fall Guys were wastes to put on the service. Not saying Foamstars will be amazing or anything, (it could be this month’s Disc Jam) but I don’t think it’s worth dismissing when folks like me have played it, and can say that it is quite fun.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Breakingthegreen said:

Genuine question, would people have preferred Suicide Squad Kill the Justice League?

Because Foamstars had positive buzz from previews and a healthy appreciation from the beta.

SS: KtJL on the other hand has a negative previews and is anticipated to be a bore.

if you answer no: fair enough, call Foamstars trash.

If you answered yes then I think that you are only excited by recognisable names, or the games that the hype machine dictate you to like. 

Look at the old ps blog posts and you’ll see people thought Rocket League and Fall Guys were wastes to put on the service. Not saying Foamstars will be amazing or anything, (it could be this month’s Disc Jam) but I don’t think it’s worth dismissing when folks like me have played it, and can say that it is quite fun.

No, I don't want sushi squad, matter of fact I don't want any live service.

• Like 2

On 1/16/2024 at 9:19 PM, Elvick_ said:

Given both games ended up free to play after being acquired by Epic Games... probably not the best examples. 

How about no live service games? That'd be nice. All live service games should be free games to start with anyway.

When they went free to play they both got instantly worse. I was able to get most costumes that I wanted in Fall guys in the first two years, but getting the one costume I wanted after the F2P, it genuinely took 4 months of planning so that I could get one outfit without ponying up for microtransations.

Edited by Breakingthegreen
  • Like 2

Semi interested in trying it but it feels like the sort of game where I'll play it a couple times and then be bored of it, smart move to put it on ps plus because it would probably be dead on arrival if they were expecting a big player base to pay £24.99 for what should probably be a F2P game

18 minutes ago, Breakingthegreen said:

When they went free to play they both got instantly worse. I was able to get most costumes that I wanted in Fall guys in the first two years, but getting the one costume I wanted after the F2P month genuinely took 4 months of planning so that I could get one outfit without ponying up for microtransations.

Yeah, that's because Epic sucks. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I'm surprised Nintendo hasn't sued yet for ripping off Splatoon because this sure looks and feels like splatoon... pencil me down as a maybe. I'll wait for some reviews. 

I was thinking the exact thing.  I watched the video and all I could think of was Splatoon, which to me, is not a bad thing.  My wife and I enjoy playing Splatoon, so maybe we'll get some fun out of this.  :) 

• Like 1

Early impressions of this game have been mostly positive. I'll wait for the final reviews to come out before choosing to install the game or walk away next month. 

Unlike a lot of people in this thread I don't mind these types of games coming to PS Plus.  It's fun playing new multiplayer games for "free" once they release given how stale the current market is. 

With that said, I'd still nuke the hell out of the GaaS business model and pump every single development dollar into smaller AA single player games 😅

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, SirShavesALot said:

I was thinking the exact thing.  I watched the video and all I could think of was Splatoon, which to me, is not a bad thing.  My wife and I enjoy playing Splatoon, so maybe we'll get some fun out of this.  :) 

Which honestly, I don't think is a bad thing either! :P

That's why I'm at a maybe. I think I'll be more excited if this ends up being splatoon but with foam.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

Given both games ended up free to play after being acquired by Epic Games... probably not the best examples. 

How about no live service games? That'd be nice. All live service games should be free games to start with anyway.

You're just hating because yes. Have you played them? Rocket League and Fall Guys are two of the best online games of all time clearly, and it was a fresh move to include both on PS+. Not even counting that RL was made free five years after the inclusion on the service. That has nothing to do with the quality of the games. 

By your logic, giving Ratchet and Clank was a bad choice because sony made it free four years after that.

I prefer foamstars to any other old offline game with 70 on metacritic that is probably at 4.99$ . Because the quality of the game isn't measured by it being offline or online, or given for free.

Edited by Jeanolt

12 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I'm surprised Nintendo hasn't sued yet for ripping off Splatoon because this sure looks and feels like splatoon... pencil me down as a maybe. I'll wait for some reviews. 

The very first thought looking at this was "oh, Splatoon for the older/non-nintendo crowd."

Still, it's all going to come down to the trophy list. If this is something that we can do in a party or group of friends, I see no reason why not to just go for it. I mean, if I can get away with not having to pay for anything..

• Like 1

On 1/16/2024 at 10:21 PM, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Because you can't. As long as only the idea is copied, no law is violated.

Edited by JoniP

On 1/17/2024 at 6:10 AM, shadaik said:

That narrator for the video is terrible, however.

On 1/17/2024 at 6:15 AM, JAK-KRIEG said:

Agreed complete tool bought and paid for by Sony.

I agree too (somewhat).

I say PlayStation Access has seen better days. For a couple of years, I was a subscriber of the YouTube channel simply because I got enjoyment out of many uploads however (for whatever reason) there came a time I stopped watching any recent uploads without unsubscribing (thus rendering me an “empty subscriber”). It wasn’t until either late May or early June 2020 when the channel made a post to its community tab pandering towards the BLM movement I was convinced to end my subscription to them.

Also I cannot get over this logo transition:

IMG-8839.jpg

IMG-8838.jpg

Like me growing up watching channel 23 on Aussie free-to-air television until the Australian Broadcasting Corporation announced it would be rebranded from ABC3 to ABC ME (I must admit, waking up on Saturday mornings to watch Good Game: Spawn Point was the shit in my pre-teenage years), I just don’t care about PS Access anymore. From me, enough has been said.

As for Foamstars? No thanks. This must be Square Enix’s next live service dud following Final Fantasy XIV (vanilla), Marvel’s Avengers and Babylon’s Fall.

Edited by Dry
  • Like 3