Keep or Sell?  

304 members have voted

1. 1. Do you keep or sell your games?

• I keep all my games, even the terrible ones
    • I keep most games, sell the terrible ones
    • I keep most games, sell the terrible ones after platinuming/100%
    • I keep only games I enjoyed the story or like the online a lot
    • I sell all games after platinuming
    • I sell all games after platinuming and getting DLC complete (If DLC)
    • I sell most games after getting 100% completion but keep a few
    • Am not sure

Generally, when I buy something, I have every intent to keep it after I finish using it. Sometimes, I may have nothing new to turn to or I may just want to revisit it. And if something's good, then it's also worth revisiting, right? You don't watch your favorite shows just once, do you? You keep them around so you can revisit them later when you feel like coming back. Same thing for games.

I do sell the ones I didn't like, however. You also wouldn't re-watch a show you didn't like in the first place, would you? :P

• Like 2

When I was younger, I sold most of my games when I felt I was "done" with them, whether or not I completed them. As a result, I lost a LOT of games I wish I still had today...

So, nowadays, I guard myself against that regret by not selling ANY (or at least most) of my games nowadays. Maybe eventually, I'll consider selling off certain games, but I feel I might be better of replaying them that one day I get the urge to do so...

• Like 1

I keep around 31 ps4 games at any given time and 62 ps3 games at any given time. I sell the ones I don't like or that I have nothing to left to do in and buy another game. I have a few untouchables like Fallout 4 and GTA 5 etc etc, but basically everything else can be sold.

I have an absurd number of games but cant make myself let go of any, even the ones I know I'm not going to play again. 

I still dwell on the GBA and Super Mario game I gave to a sister-in law that is now an ex-sister-in law...  I wonder if she still has it, I wonder if she knows how neat it is, I wonder if she'd give it BACK???

When I was younger, I sold most of my games when I felt I was "done" with them, whether or not I completed them. As a result, I lost a LOT of games I wish I still had today...

This. I sold almost all of mine X360 games and I regret it so much. Many of those games were crap, but I'd still like to keep them in my collection. I was so stupid kid. On PS3 and PS4 I haven't sold anything and I intend to keep it that way.

I have sold maybe 7 ps3 games in total, 0 ps4 games, 0 ps vita games. I have over 200 games disc across all platforms so I don't sell very much even the worse of worse Ex: Dead to Rights: Retribution.

Edited by FOOTBALLBOY-_-

I used to keep all my games, but I've found that the more games I have in digital form the less attachment I have toward my older physical ones.

Just don't really revisit games that I've completed as much as I used to.

I keep ALL my games..... Is better to keep the games after you payed $39.99-$59.99 for a new game....Gamestop, Bestbuy, etc give you so little money for your used games that is just not worth it in my opinion...plus i like to know i own the game physically....I know i willl hate the day that games are no longer on store shelves =[

mannysevenDX.png

I have a small cabinet that holds 150-200 games or so.  When I can't squeeze any more in, I know it is time to get rid of a few.  I am much more apt to get rid of something that I haven't completed but don't like all that much than I am to get rid of something I loved and 100% completed even if I will likely never play it again.

I used to have the intention to keeping all the games I purchased.  However, as my backlog grew out of control, I realized that I will never ever play those games I've finished any more and thus no point in me keeping them.  So now, I resell wherever I can except for the few that I really love.  I might as well try and claw back as much $ as I can to put towards new games to play.