Most Recent Platinum

Muff

La2b3c4.png

40-platinum.png #26 Rory McIlroy PGA Tour

Golf games for me have always been the ultimate example of something that's more fun in practice than on paper. Of course in general a lot more things are the opposite. A lot of crazy awesome over the top sounding things can just fail to grab your attention and interest when you get down to it (a big example for me is mecha anime/games, but I digress). So I've always enjoyed how this ended up the opposite. Don't play them that often, but enjoyed Wii Sports Golf, a couple of Mario Golf games and Tiger Woods 10 before this.

The gameplay is pretty damn solid. I read they rebuilt the courses from the ground up for next gen consoles, so they all play differently rather than just being palette swaps basically. This meant there were less courses at the start, but by the time I jumped it it was $10 for like 20 full 18 hole courses and everything else so I more than got my money's worth. And I appreciate the more realistic gameplay. I know for some that makes this sound even more boring, but I like my sports games to hit either extreme. As close to realistic as possible or completely arcade (Like Mario sports games). Not big on wishy washy games that sorta try and fail to be realistic, all you're left with is a pretty frustrating and bland experience.

Anyways I should stop banging on about realism, as this game actually has a mode even more arcadey than Wii Sports and Mario Golf. I really liked the Night Club Challenge and its slick neon aesthetic. Kinda reminded me of Blur if anyone remembers that, it basically was to Mario Golf what Blur was to Mario Kart. 170 over the top challenges where you use a bunch of power ups to try and ace a certain task. It had angry birds 1-3 star scoring system, and to get 3 stars you generally needed to be near perfect. I think this mode put a lot of people off, I even saw some golf purists complaining on the trailer for it that it was bringing the sport into disrepute or something lol. And the trophies for it did seem rarer than you would expect. If the game required you to 3 star every challenge that would be tricky, but the platinum offered quite a bit of leeway. I got the required stars before I even finished the challenges. The gameplay takes some getting used to but due to the leeway given I'd say it's a 5/10 difficulty game at most. It's something I could see myself going back to every now and then after platinum.

header.jpg?t=1503321834

40-platinum.png #27 The Sexy Brutale

Quite a different game from the above to say the least, though I guess this game has a decent amount of rich white people; so maybe they play golf off screen. :P

Picked this up on sale like most of my games, was definitely worth the price of admission. I wasn't 100% on board with some of the story elements, but it worked for what they wanted to do. And the whole "go back in time to prevent a murder without being discovered" core concept is a pretty easy sell. The gameplay aspect was very well thought out, and plays quite unlike anything else I've played. As far as the platinum goes I'll give a big props to whoever wrote the collectibles guide on this site. I often cbf with collectibles but whoever wrote that guide somehow mapped it out so you could get all 61 in one run. I dunno what advanced quantum physics they used to make that work but A+. I accidentally picked up a few during the story which can always muddle post game clean ups, especially in games like this that pull the dick move of not telling you which ones you have. But I still followed the guide which assumed you had 0 and it worked out fine. Each time I didn't see it I double checked, and if I didn't see it still I assumed it was one of the handful I got in story. You're always playing a dangerous game making assumptions like that, but thankfully it worked out. Might have actually  gave up if I ended up 1 or 2 short, because there would be no real way to know. And I'm a born quitter. ?

Edited by kaluna1
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Kurorac said:

#47: Final Fantasy XV

1Ld3d22d.png

The World Wanderer - 30,12 % Uncommon

So this plat was probably the easiest FF Plat I got.

I don't know how it was before all the updates, but with the exo suit you're invincible for half an hour and with the ring and the :triangle: attack I destroyed the Adamantoise with ONE Attack.

Anyway, in general I liked the game but it suffers from what every FF game since 12 suffers from, being called Final Fantasy. 

One attack?

• Like 1