Muff

12 hours ago, fabiansc83 said:

40-platinum.png#124: COSMIC STAR HEROINE

L0629fc.png

1Ldfa121.png

Heroine 
Achieve all possible trophies
.40-platinum.png

Pretty solid old school Sci-Fi RPG inspired by some classics of this genre like Chrono Trigger, Phantasy Star, Final Fantasy and even Resident Evil. The game is pretty fun and the OST is great.

This little game it's very impressive and well-thought out. Zero grinding, pretty much all encounters are forced, which makes it a very fast-paced game. You can play it in short sessions if you like, and even in 30 minutes you'll always feel like you made some good progress.

Combat is original and the plot is really interesting right from the start of the game so...i think more rpg lovers needs to play this little gem.

Enjoyment: 8/10

Platinum difficulty: 2/10

Time: 15 hours

Since you've just platinumed the game, I would love to ask: Did you experience trophies not unlocking in this game? Thanks. :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GarciaFever said:

#187 Mary Skelter: Nightmares

1Lbe5119.png

Damn this was such a fun RPG, even to the point where there have been a few days of which i didn't get any sleep. There are a few things that I didn't like:

1) the main character (Jack) is pretty much useless. All he does is prevent the heroines from raging out. He doesn't attack, uses himself to guard other heroines against enemy attacks, which ultimately knocks him out for a few turns, and is only there because the plot demands it. He completely reminds me of how useless Sakura was (in Naruto Shippuden) when she and Granny Chiyo went up against Sasori, and ultimately became a meat shield while Granny Chiyo did all of the work.

2) While exploring the dungeon, the whole libido thing that the jail gets whenever it becomes full is annoying. Sure it nets you some nice bonuses, but when you're busy trying to explore the dungeon, you have to stop, wait until you spin the roulette, and time it right so that you land on one of the bonuses that actually does something useful. Not only that, but you can't even fully explore different areas of the dungeon unless you actually land on a bonus called "Growth release" (which means you get to explore a new floor).

3) I don't know why they gave Thumbelina an ability to use in the dungeon exploration, when you only use it 2 times at most throughout the whole game. The same thing goes for Rapunzel's ability to swing across some hanging poles to make it look like you were Tarzan.

I ended up getting the platinum in 77 hours and 30 minutes. I could have saved 20-30 hours if I didn't spend said time fully exploring every dungeon. I would like to give a thanks to both @Dragon-Archon and @bladesoframen for their amazing guide, especially when it came to navigating through that dreadful Underground Cavern dungeon (of which is 100x100 squares long)

Congrats with the plat :yay:, it's great to see another person that liked the game so much. Did you also fully explore the underground dungeon?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Congrats with the plat :yay:, it's great to see another person that liked the game so much. Did you also fully explore the underground dungeon?

I attempted to fully explore Area 2 and got half of it uncovered, but I just wanted to get it over with, so I used your map images.

Oh and I wasn't sure if you were able to do it or not, but is there a way to view all of the heroine's endings? Because after I destroyed the final boss on the true end route, I wasn't able to choose which girl's ending I wanted to get. Instead, it automatically picked Thumbelina, and I used the Mary Reverser. Keep in mind that I power-leveled her up to 81 while the rest of the gang was in the early 70s.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GarciaFever said:

I attempted to fully explore Area 2 and got half of it uncovered, but I just wanted to get it over with, so I used your map images.

Oh and I wasn't sure if you were able to do it or not, but is there a way to view all of the heroine's endings? Because after I destroyed the final boss on the true end route, I wasn't able to choose which girl's ending I wanted to get. Instead, it automatically picked Thumbelina, and I used the Mary Reverser. Keep in mind that I power-leveled her up to 81 while the rest of the gang was in the early 70s.

You need to decide which ending to go for before taking on the final boss of the good ending by putting your favourite heroine in the first slot of the party. I got every ending by making an alternate save file from before taking on said boss, defeat it, save it in a new slot, reload and do the same for the other heroines. It'll be added to the CG collection, which should unlock after obtaining the good ending.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

You need to decide which ending to go for before taking on the final boss of the good ending by putting your favourite heroine in the first slot of the party. I got every ending by making an alternate save file from before taking on said boss, defeat it, save it in a new slot, reload and do the same for the other heroines. It'll be added to the CG collection, which should unlock after obtaining the good ending.

Well damn I didn't know the endings worked that way. In typical RPG fashion the game is supposed to give you an option. I guess it's too late for me to do anything since I saved over the good ending slot. I guess I will have to look up the other endings on Youtube.

• Like 1