Most Recent Platinum

Muff

L57b1f0.png

Hitman 3 (PS5 and PS4)

Enjoyment: 10/10

Difficulty: 3/10

One of my favorite trilogies ever comes to an end. I played/beat Absolution, but didn't get too into the series until the 2016 reboot.

Pros:

-Just about everything. Firstly, the game is absolutely gorgeous.

-The stealth/puzzle gameplay is better than ever, and some of the smaller adjustments they made should be introduced into legacy maps as well.

-There are less mission stories, but a vast majority of them are longer, more thought-out, and more entertaining.

-Every single map is great, and each are so different from one another. Dartmoor might just be my favorite, but it's a toss up between that and Mendoza. In the previous games there are always that one map that I didn't enjoy playing that much (Colorado in Hitman 1, Santa Fortuna in Hitman 2), and I was dreading which map it would be. At first I'd thought it would be Berlin because it was so different there were no story missions and you had to choose who to kill out of a group, but the more I got into the level the more fun I had. There are still story missions in that one in a way, the game just doesn't directly guide you through them with checkpoints/checkmarks. That goes for other maps as well; there are more "story missions" than the usual 3, but you have to find them yourself this time. It gives a better sense of personal trial and exploration than the other two games had.

-The challenges keep the game incredibly replayable and are fun to figure out.

-

Spoiler

The final mission on the train is superb. The game doesn't really want you to be stealthy here, and that's a good thing. You've been told to be stealthy through every mission in all of the games, and this time it's solely about revenge. The game rewards you with killing every last fucker on that train and it's unbelievably satisfying. The final kill against the final person (Won't spoil even though this is in a spoiler tag just in case you don't know, but if you finish Hitman 2 you know) if very satisfying, especially since the game lets you do it in multiple ways (Which in a Hitman game is not rare obviously but the actual choices themselves are satisfying).

-The story itself really ramps up in this game. It nearly goes full speed ahead after the first two levels. I consider this a good thing since not only is it the grand finale of a brilliant trilogy, but it keeps a more higher-stakes feel than the previous two games did.

-The ending itself is brilliant

-I can put about everything in the game as a pro and I'll defend it to death, so assume everything else goes here.

Cons:

-Let's not pretend anything of substance is going here. It's one of my new favorite games ever. The only few minor complaints I have are the minor glitches here and there throughout the game. A challenge here and there wouldn't unlock even though I did the exact thing it asked, but there was always a work around. A couple crashes freezes and crashes, nothing big. I genuinely can't think of anything else to put here.

TL;DR: One of my favorite series ever performs a brilliant trilogy that comes to a climatic end. One word to describe it: Absolute.