Most Recent Platinum

Muff

I've been using a free trial of PlayStation Now to blast through some short games; these are the only ones with platinums thus far:

1L9e1b04.png

You Can't Scare Me!

:platinum:  #190 - Goosebumps: The Game

I obsessively read and collected the Goosebumps novels as a kid, so it was fun recognizing all of the characters and references in this game—very nostalgic. I really liked the art, and the soundtrack, too. I would've preferred it to have multiple endings, though. Otherwise, this is a simple point-and-click adventure, that's finished in about an hour, and was quite pleasant to play. It would probably be appropriate for children, or people new to the genre.

1Le737b9.png

Platinum

:platinum:  #191 - Clockwork Tales: Of Glass and Ink

Another short point-and-click, over in around 90 minutes. Most of the puzzles are very easy, with many of them being on their own, self-contained screens. However, it has way too many braindead, arbitrary "find the list of hidden objects" puzzles. Guess they ran out of ideas, and had to fill gameplay time somehow. I was amused by how bad some of the voice acting sounds, too—like it was recorded on a cheap mic in the actor's bedroom. The game started off relaxing, but by the end, I couldn't wait for it to be over. The repetitive HOG puzzles become a real drag, and make the game seem longer than it actually is.

1L38105f.png

Platinum

:platinum:  #192 - Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek

A title by the same developers as Clockwork Tales, and almost identical to it, except this one focuses on the annoying hidden object puzzles. Apparently, this is an established sub-genre of adventure games, which I was unaware of. Personally, I can't stand them—searching through endless piles of junk for random, meaningless objects is terribly repetitive and mind-numbing. I honestly don't see how anyone over the age of ten finds these puzzles interesting. They're made worse by the game having you backtrack to the same junk heaps over and over again for different key items, and sometimes it doesn't even register when you click on a correct item, resulting in confusion and wasted time. At least it's over quickly (about two hours). I hope I never play one of these again, and I think I've had my fill of point-and-click games in general for a while.

Edited by ScarecrowsFate
  • Like 4

:platinum: #59- Undertale

1Lb8278e.png

Don't You Have Anything Better to Do?

Obtain all other Undertale trophies.

W/ True Pacifist Route completed.

I brought JP vita version while traveling Japan earlier this month. And yes, the JP version still came with English language installed.

But why this game isn't ever released in HK region (not even for PS4)? ?

• Like 2