Most Recent Platinum

Muff

5 hours ago, Deluziion90 said:

DON'T BUY THIS GAME IF YOU HATE RANDOM MAPS AND THERE'S A CHANCE YOU'RE DOING THE SAME RUN FOR 50-100+ TIMES JUST FOR 1 COLLECTABLE 

That's a roguelike in a nutshell, seems like you didn't really knew what you were getting into. Returnal is the first game that really makes me wanna buy PS5, but where the hell I'm gonna get one?!?

• Like 3

Platinum #27: Wuppo

Enjoyment: 8.5/10: I absolutely loved this game. It’s a charming 2D action-adventure game set in a unique, wacky universe with a cute, hand-drawn art style. You venture through this world, (which is surprisingly dense with history), in search of a new home. Along the way, you will meet new friends and bosses, and maybe even save the world. It’s light-hearted tone overall is refreshing to see in an age of gaming that is dominated by blood-soaked shooters, filled with explosions, toxic competitive multiplayer and shooting galleries. However, that’s not to say there isn’t a good game here, because there certainly is. The bosses are unique and fun to fight, the lore is genuinely interesting, and the world truly feels alive and developed, with no signs of padding. A truly underrated gem.

Difficulty: 9/10: That said, this platinum is really tough, and is dependent on skill and a good degree of luck. The collectibles weren’t too tough to collect, and Insane difficulty was manageable with the right strategy for each boss. It is the Boss Rush game mode that cranks up the difficulty substantially. The speedrun was challenging, but the time requirement is pretty generous. The real challenge came from completing it all without purchasing any items from the shops. This means that you only have one healing item and your base weapon with no upgrades. The first half of the bosses in this mode were certainly doable, as long as you properly adjust your strategy. However, the second half is truly evil, as you must rely on both your own skill and Lady Luck if you want to survive. The final boss is incredibly hard to survive if you don’t have your healing item on you, so you have to make it through 17 bosses without using it. While this sounds bad, the game does throw you a bone every now and then, with bosses that reward health in certain ways, such as completing phases or finding health pickups in the arena. However, relying on these does not guarantee success by a long shot.

Overall: A great game with a very tough platinum. If you don’t care about your completion percentage, I urge you to at least try this overlooked indie game.

• Like 4

Platinum #154: Rayman Origins 

Enjoyment: 9/10 

Difficulty: 5/10 

Another game cleared out of the backlog that I’m embarrassed to admit I should have finished years ago. A truly phenomenal platformer. The sense of humor in the Rayman games is right up my alley. When I saw the ending I laughed quite a bit. Compared to Legends, especially the Vita version, this one isn’t nearly as hard. The last few mosquito and treasure chest levels are a decent challenge though. 

• Like 2