Most Recent Platinum

Muff

L1c60e6.png

Cyberpunk 2077

Enjoyment: 9/10 (10/10 without the glitches)

Difficulty: 3/10

The most hyped game of the year has one of the most notorious launches ever, and that's such a shame because it's a banger.

Pros: All of these assume you're on the latest patch

-Absolutely stunning and beautiful city/world. It genuinely feels alive.

-Main story is unique and well-told. I liked how, unlike how RPGs where the main story is some version of 'save the world', this story was all about saving yourself. It reflects the city's personality perfectly.

-Side stories/gigs are top notch. They're both interesting and fun to get through.

-The gunplay is also fantastic. Every gun feels right, and the unique futuristic twists on certain guns is fun as well. I can't speak too much on the stealth portion of gameplay because I rarely did it.

-The characters are wonderfully varied; even the ones where you only see them in calls. They have their own personality and likenesses.

-You can give yourself a massive penis that serves no purpose.

Cons:

-Yes, obviously, the glitches. I won't  really elaborate because we all know by now. Frequent flyer glitched for me and couldn't get the plat for weeks, along with one of the cyberpsycho missions being glitched out and I couldn't finish it. Had to go back to a previous save file where I was 20+ levels lower just to redo 10 or so of the psychos just for the trophy. While those two were relatively major, and the game crashed a bunch, most of the minor stuff was forgivable.

-Driving feels slightly off to me, at least in a car, as it feels very slippery. I had to use a bike for a majority of the game.

-Honestly, not much else. If it weren't for the glitches, I enjoyed mostly everything else about the game.

TL;DR: The to-be swan song of the generation glitches its way onto consoles and, despite the quality of everything else, it's a shame the stigma of that will stay with the game and company longer than anything else.

Edited by ChunkyKong64