Most Recent Platinum

Muff

10 hours ago, Spaz said:

It's certainly nice that they give you the option to switch to old school graphics at anytime. There's also Monkey Island 1 & 2 but are often skipped because they're on the PS3 rather than the PS4. 

They were tough because back then there were no guides on the internet for these games. I reckon back in 1993 Day of the Tentacle took people a lot longer to beat than today, where we can just beat all of it in just two hours. 

A couple years ago I was playing Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade by LucasArts. They actually had text in game that offered a phone number for hints and help. I thought that was very interesting because help lines today are completely useless. They were different times though, and that was all people had so generally point and click games took much longer to complete.

I only used the switch option once to see how it was but yes it's an excellent feature which players of the original will probably appreciate it much much more than I did. Tales of Monkey Island is another tricky game as well I should probably get back to part 2 having started it over 2 years ago :facepalm:

Do you recall a program back in the day that had multiple cheats and hints in it. I forget the name, I think it was something like Cheat CC where you could look up tips and unlocks. What a time that was lol compared to the ease of today.

Hmmm that sounds quite funny but makes a lot of sense, have you played The Cave? There's a website you can use if you can't figure out a certain puzzle. Lucas Arts have a great way to help people out :giggle:

Edited by Mcbeanstr
proof reading
  • Like 1