What made you buy a Vita?

NSR_Apathy

I become vocaloid fan since 2012. When Hatsune Miku: Project Diva f released on vita, I was in.

Although Project Mirai released earlier that year on 3DS, I hate 3DS is region locked - AND my last handheld is DS (Region free) so 3DS looks like an idiot for me.

At least vita is not region locked (except DLCs).

• Like 1

For the handheld experience i guess. Bought one in 2012 but sold it about 9 months cause i got bored of it. Then in 2014 the slim came out so i thought i would buy it again to play jak and daxter on the vita. Wasen't to keen on it as i felt like i could break it in half and it kept making a wired noise when you shake it. So i also ended up selling that one haha. 2016 Comes along and im really wanting to play some uncharted golden abyss and get the platinum and a few others so i decided to but the original ps vita (The best one with that lovely oled screen and build quality) and although i haven't played it for about 3 months im not going to sell it cause know i will want to play it again.

PS TV is terrible  

The moral of the story... never ever ever sell you vita an let the master vita live on.

I was living in Asia, and wanted something for long flights and free time, so I was looking into a 3ds and learned of the Vita.  I was drawn to the vita for trophies (as a PS3 owner) but the bigger draw for me was that I had some digital psp games (free) and thought since I already owned 'Vita games', why not get it.  Well, it turns out some of the psp games werent even compatible. The crossbuy feature also turned out to mostly be a ploy.

A dare...

(sorry, couldn't help it) :P

Seriously. I bought one to go along with my recent change in work/life status. I would be too busy and not home enough to enjoy gaming. So I got something more portable.

But, it didn't work out that way. The Vita is either too small or my hands are too big to play comfortably. I tried Muramasa Rebirth (love that game btw) but my thumbs would cramp after 30-45 mins of play. Street Fighter Alpha 3, Castlevania:SOTN, RE 2, etc. all akward to play. Even less button intensive games like Suikoden caused me discomfort.

Oh well, I still think the Vita is/was a great piece of hardware.

• 2 weeks later...

I got it for Christmas. I didn't even ask for it which was the greatest part.. lol. Anywho, I'm always a nut when it comes to Sony products so my parents got me it just cause. They bought me Super Monkey Ball, I played it for a little, but then put down the system because I grew extremely bored of it. I picked it up years later and tried it out again and it got a hell of a lot more fun than it previously was lol

Has to be JRPG & Project Diva. Actually the main reason I switched to PlayStation in general from my 3DS & Xbox. 

Managed to pick up the original vita + a 16GB + Persona 4 golden for around $200AUD about 2 years back. 

Tried to go back to my 3DS recently to play Pokémon Sun/Moon and just can't get over how slow and cumbersome the 3DS is compared to the Vita. 

• Like 1

I always had a love for handheld gaming and Sony consoles in general. In contrast, I rarely play games on my phone for I'm not fond of using touch controls exclusively. Thus, when I heard that the Vita would include both touch and tactile controls (including dual analogue sticks) I decided to buy a Vita about a month after the US release. 

Despite the lack of first party support, I still play my vita almost everyday for I love JRPGs, VNs, and quality indies. Also the system has a lot of really awesome monsteresque hunting games (e.g. Freedom Wars, God Eater Resurrection, Toukiden, Attack on Titan, Soul Sacrifice). So although a niche console, the vita has quite a bit to offer.

Viva La Vita! ?

8 hours ago, reckscollie said:

I have a PS3 back then when I decided to subscribe to PS+. There were so many games in vita that I want to get cleared. So I bought one and loved it. Now I sold my PS3 and swithced to Vita gaming. 

Now that's a brilliant step! :D

6 hours ago, marshmeowlo said:

I bought it for all the weeb games.

I like this :awesome: 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Dangan Ronpa and Japanese rhythm games x3 Still happy I found it during a sale (where I also got a game - 5 choices, I went with Tearaway - and 4gb memory card for free with it)

Also I like handheld consoles in general

Edited by Zanreo

Because i'm turning into a handheld player :P

But seriously,  i got the New 3DS as my first ever handheld on launch ( i played the original gameboy but it was my brother's one) and wanted to play some Vita games also but ended up buying a PSTV cause it was cheaper to play Steins;Gate 0 , months before release of the game . In conclusion, the PSTV ended up not being that great to play Vita titles on TV except for maybe a few ones like Digimon  Story or eventually Killzone Mercenary and i decided to get a Vita system itself to play on-the-go and with touchscreen and play some games that don't work on PSTV like Gravity Rush and Uncharted Golden Abyss.