How many people have you blocked?

Bonzi Buddy

One. After a Doom 3 deathmatch, this guy who had won by a large margin, only having one or 2 deaths, (one of which was at my hand) began just flooding my inbox with insults. They were coming fast, so he must have had a keyboard. Sore winners, man... Makes no sense. After a few minutes of his barrage, I had to block him. I never responded to any of them, but when I see that message pop up in the corner, I can't keep myself from going to see who it is, even when I knew exactly who it was and what they wanted to say. Nothing creative either, just a bunch of "faggot" and "pussy." Still not exactly sure what his beef was.

Edit: As an afterthought, 1 person out of 7-8 years on PSN sings high praises of the general community.

Edited by siuilarun
  • Like 1

I have 3 people blocked, each for different reasons (I won't list PSN IDs though);

1. The first was blocked for sending me a rather creepy message with their photo attached (Anyone who attempts hitting on me on PSN is immediately blocked).
  2. The second was simply a sore loser with an incredibly foul mouth who just wouldn't stop messaging me, one thing I really can't stand.
  3. The third was asking for my account details just so they could download a game that's no longer on the store (and is also now unplayable).

I blocked about 10 people. 5 of them were sending me those spam messages,one of them was keep messaging me about if i want to be her boyfriend *shudders*, and the other 4 were psn friends that were d bags to me

Too many to remember. For some reason people like to add me to their group chats and don't get the point when I ask them nicely to remove me...so I block everybody that comments to stop my inbox from getting flooded.

yup i hate that. on vita it sucks when i think i get a message from a friend but it ends up being just someone leaving the chat room 

• Like 3

I've blocked only one person so far, and I've met him on this website. I offered him to help him grind trophies for Grand Theft Auto V, but he kept on harassing me to log in while I was still super busy. It'd be common to log in and receive seven messages from the same guy with obnoxious spam messages such as "pls" or "smd". It really got on my nerves! Not to mention, he was leeching off me during difficult missions and he didn't even bother doing the solo trophies like reaching level 100. It soured me and I hesitate to help people for trophies nowadays.

I have blocked five people.

1st was for continually crashing an online race just to drive backwards and crash into us.  This game didn't have a way to limit who could race, if they bothered to hunt through the list to find your room, but blocking him kicked him out and removed the room from his visible list.  The game doesn't even have an online anymore, so technically I could unblock him...  But I haven't bothered.

2nd is an ex-boyfriend.  I had to block him using my phone to get him to stop calling or texting me, and getting him to stop harassing me at work involved some conversations with HR, so I figured I should nip that in the bud and make sure he can't use PSN to get to me either before he got clever enough to try it.

3rd was that ex-boyfriend's friend.  See above.

4th was someone who crashed a boosting session for SHIFT 2's "King of the Hill" trophy.  One of those self-entitled "ME FIRST!" types, I think anyone who has played online multiplayer somewhere has run into at least one.  His repeated messaging about "Let me back in!" during that kept causing my game to crash when I was trying to help boost the others, so I blocked him so I wouldn't have to keep restarting the PS3.  Haven't bothered to unblock him, he's probably moved on to harassing someone else by now, but I don't look at my block list so I don't clean it out.

5th was someone who randomly starting spamming me with friend requests and then insults when I didn't accept right away, with offers to sell me "Trophy Packs" (whatever those are) mixed in with the insulting messages.  I decided that this person was demanding, and highly unstable.  Would you buy something from someone who kept insulting you whenever taking a break from the sales pitch?  I figured it was best to just block him and let him lose interest and go away.

Typically, blocking someone only needs to be done for a month, as most people will lost interest at some point in that timeframe.

That said, #2 will remain blocked forever, because he is NOT a safe person, and he makes it personal...  It's been two years and he's still hunting for my home address.

The others are just people who I blocked for convenience, until they lost interest, but I haven't gotten around to cleaning out my block list because it really doesn't matter.

• Like 2

My list use to have up to 50,back when I played MAG, there was no mute only block so when people blasted shitty ass rap music while playing I just blocked them.

However since then, the chances of me running into the same person are unlikely and its not like they are trying to spam me with messages so at the moment I have Zero :D

• Like 1

[...]

Typically, blocking someone only needs to be done for a month, as most people will lost interest at some point in that timeframe.

That said, #2 will remain blocked forever, because he is NOT a safe person, and he makes it personal...  It's been two years and he's still hunting for my home address.

[...]

That's pretty sick :/

I have only blocked one person and that's only because

• I did not know who they were, aside from being from here.
  • They messaged me every day.
  • After I unfriended them they kept sending friend requests non-stop.
  • They continued to do so after I warned them to stop. 
I fail to understand why so many people would deserved to be blocked.  Do the online communities of some games contain that much vitriol?

*Had to look up the meaning of vitriol lol

But yeah, it would appear so unfortunately =/

Have quite a few blocked. But after reading some of the other posts, I'm now wondering if they really deserved to be blocked.

I guess I can now only attest to some.

I've yet to block anyone but there is one person who added me from a stream the other night and is constantly sending me messages, chat invites, and party invites. I've told him that I only do chats if we're in a game together so we played a game together so maybe he'd leave me alone because I hate being mean/rude. Come to find out he's only 12-13 and has only one friend on PSN (Me) and I don't have the heart to delete him but he's SO persistent on over 10-15 invites within an hour gaming session. 

• Like 2

5 people

1. - A kid from GTA IV that constantly sent messages and game invites to me every time I was online.

2. - Someone who wanted my PSN info so they could game share.

3.-  Another person that wanted my PSN info so they could give me a $50 credit.

4.- Some guy that after finding out I was female started spamming me with lewd messages and friend requests.

5.- After joining a Crysis 2 match in the last 15 seconds of the game I instantly got sniped by someone so I finished the match with 0 kills and 1 death. I then started getting messages from the guy who got the most kills telling me I was useless and people like me shouldn't play games. From my avatar he guessed I was female and then continued to send me message about how females should be in the kitchen and doing the housework and not playing games.

Just one, this is back when people still sucked at PSAllStars. I use to destroy and I mean destroy people on it. this one guy kept loosing to me so he by the end he resorted to spamming with Radec. (we played like 5 matches) so to make things fair I started using Radec as well and when we were finally matched up again I Spammed that Gun like a motha.... After that match he started sending me messages, calling me a fag, bitch, pussy, spic, ect. I didn't feel like reciprocating that day so I just blocked his ass. He's still there to this date.