Games you liked that not many people did.

Spudchip

I genuinely liked and miss Evolve. The premise was interesting as was the world it was in. The devs made one of my favourite games of all time (Left 4 Dead) and the gameplay was similar enough for me to really enjoy it. The whole DLC/microtransaction issue didn't help it but given that the publisher has ruined several other games/series for me with their greed, I'm inclined to believe that it was more the fault of 2K pushing that approach.

• 2 months later...
13 minutes ago, Maaden_Swe said:

Most people liked that game :) 

I've seen a lot of people say otherwise sadly. It has a pretty mixed reception among players to my knowledge. A lot of fans seem to think Shadow is the weakest of the three. But hey, if people are warming up to it that's great. That makes me happy ? 

Edited by FireFoxie
  • Like 1

I have a huge soft spot for Yakuza Dead Souls, despite it being a bit clunky to play and awkward camera angles and mostly panned by critics, once you get used to it, it just feels so good and I love playing it.

Sadly it did not get a PS4 port either so I guess even the devs are not proud of it.

It's my guilty pleasure, it might even be my favourite Yakuza game overall.

• Like 3

I really liked Mass Effect Andromeda. Sure, it's not on the same level as the main trilogy, but it still had plenty going for it. The combat was really fun, I liked the story for the most part, and the open world stuff felt like a throwback/natural evolution to ME1's planet exploration (which I missed in 2/3). I'm sad that we're probably never getting a direct sequel to this one, even with the franchise's revival.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mariner1534 said:

I really liked Mass Effect Andromeda. Sure, it's not on the same level as the main trilogy, but it still had plenty going for it. The combat was really fun, I liked the story for the most part, and the open world stuff felt like a throwback/natural evolution to ME1's planet exploration (which I missed in 2/3). I'm sad that we're probably never getting a direct sequel to this one, even with the franchise's revival.

Yeah, if they'd had more time to perfect the actual game, as opposed to the years they spent on... random planet generation... it would've been a good game. Some of the loyalty missions genuinely feel like ME2 / 3. It had potential.

• Like 1

VVVVVV - this Game remembers me back on my childhood. Every second i enjoy of this Game and not really many played IT. So my reply is here right in this thread. I owned a Commodore 64 which this game is made for. 64 means 64 kilobyte RAM Lol. Incredible how fast the time changes the technology

Edited by PL_Tomasz_G
  • Like 1

Nothing from my list really stands out, though I did like No Man's Sky from the very start. I get why people were pissed off, it's just, all I wanted to do with NMS was explore and find cool stuff and it became, and still is my favourite game to just chill with. Of course with the amount of work and updates the general opinion has changed favourably. 

I don't see a lot of people with this next opinion. I absolutely loved the first four Assassin's Creed games (that's not the opinion I'm talking about!), but I did get bored of just pressing a button to kill (even though it looked cool) and thought a change to RPG with Origins was exactly what it needed to breath fresh air into the gameplay. I'll even go further, ACII was my favourite AC game...now it's Odyssey. I will now run for my life. 

On 1/4/2021 at 0:32 AM, PL_Tomasz_G said:

VVVVVV - this Game remembers me back on my childhood. Every second i enjoy of this Game and not really many played IT. So my reply is here right in this thread. I owned a Commodore 64 which this game is made for. 64 means 64 kilobyte RAM Lol. Incredible how fast the time changes the technology

VVVVVV was the shit! I remember making custom levels for it as a kid for the Steam version. Great soundtrack too.

I think Far Cry New Dawn really isn't anywhere near as bad as anyone else says, but Saints Row the fourth is probably the biggest one for me. I dont think i've ever heard anyone say something good about it but i loved every second. Minecraft Story mode was also surprisingly good and honestly that goes for all of the telltale games. Nots sure how people feel about Dying Light but i really liked that one as well.

• Like 1

Sundered. A lot of people seem to have little good to say about this game but I absolutely loved it. I can see where the method of horde battles could turn some people off but I'd give it a solid 8/10 and the visuals were something else.

Faery: Legends of Avalon. This is an old one but I have fond memories of this small rpg from the early PS3 era. Not too difficult or grindy. Linear but enjoyable for the cheap price I got it at.

The Order: 1886. The cliffhanger was too soon. Felt like half a season of a good show, ending when it just started to get good. What was there was very fun though and I have no regrets playing it.

Shadwen. Loved this game. Played through it twice and had just as much fun on a pacifist run as I did murdering everyone in my wake. A little buggy but nothing too terribly bad.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I unironically enjoyed all these:

Agents of Mayhem

Dead To Rights: Retribution

Dark Void

The Order: 1886

Homefront

Fuse

Wanted: Weapons of Fate

I'm not hard to please when it comes to shooters. There are exceptions like both Call of Juarez: The Cartel and Haze, where the writing and performances are so annoying that I just can't get into it, but yeah, I'm usually pretty happy with simple TPS and FPS.

Proteus. I absolutely LOVE this "game", which may not very well be defined as such, but rather as an audiovisual experience. I never met a single person who liked it, this forum I only see people cursing this game lol even there is a thread just about it. But I loved the whole set and the lightness of the work, I saw it as an experience to be absorbed.

Metal Gear survive.  If you like tower defense games it's one of the best.  People hate on it because of what they did with kojima.  Take it for a spin off tower defense game which is what it is and it shouldn't bother you.  I enjoyed the game quite a bit.

• Like 1

Tomb Raider: Anniversary-granted it played it before I played the original game, which I also loved, but it’s one of my favorite PS2 era games-still have to track down the PS3 version.  

Datura-a short & bizarre literal drug trip of a game with a mostly relaxing atmosphere (and kind of crap controls). This one had been on my “want to play” list for a LONG time, and when I finally did play it, I wasn’t disappointed at all. It was exactly what I was expecting, and I plan to revisit it in the future. 

I’m sure there are others, will update if I think of them.