Square Enix Wants to Add Online to Kingdom Hearts 3

Venocide

oh look, they may add stuff that for sure I will not use...

I really don't mind they include online/MP stuffs, as long as it won't disturb me playing (and maybe completing) this game alone... (like you-must-download-before-you-play patches for MP or hopefully MP trophies)

oh.. off topic... me want moar FF Villains... + Gilgamesh.... ^_^

Edited by JeieeM
  • Like 1

Dood, it's barely into development. Last september, they didn't even have the story and world list finalized, and then they changed engines back in December. They're still early in development. If they rush it, we'll be lucky to see it at the end of 2016, but we're much more likely to see it late 2017.

Well, what you're saying is undoubtedly true. I'm guessing it will be released 2018, because there is a higher demand for FF7, and I think KH3 will be pushed back accordingly (imo Nomura has his finger in too many pies). My problem is it will add onto dev time considerably unless it's outsourced (then VERY likely to be low quality addition to the game) or only a very small part of the game (then what's the big deal). The game at least conceptually has been in gestation for a decade, and yeah they started I guess properly in 2013 but having seen the previews and fan expectation I don't think there will be too many major overhauls.

Yeah. If they want to make it drop in/out coop story mode, I say go for it. Other than that... Please don't.

Neither of them said trophies is the only reason they play games...

You are correct, but one of them did explicitly state that if it did have mp trophies he would skip it, just based on that info. They might not play games only for trophies, but he will apparently not-play a game due to trophies.

The Mirage Arena in BbS was quite unique in that it wasn't tacked on and did not in any way, shape or form take away from the excellent single-player experience and was not mandatory at all for getting 100% out of the game (save for the in-game trophy), I thought it was a pity it wasn't multiplayer in the HD Remix. More of the same would be cool and I agree with not having trophies for it- in-game achievements, most certainly, but I don't want to have to be grinding any more than I usually would on the highest difficulty!

Now, I have no idea what's happening in the KH story, having never played the side games (that'll change soon). But aren't there like multiple Keyblade users now, aside from Sora, Riku, and Mickey? From what I can tell, this story will revolve around a Keyblade war or something. So I wouldn't be totally opposed to a co-op aspect, where you can play as the other Keyblade users.

Edited by PREDRAG-K

Dood, it's barely into development. Last september, they didn't even have the story and world list finalized, and then they changed engines back in December. They're still early in development. If they rush it, we'll be lucky to see it at the end of 2016, but we're much more likely to see it late 2017.

Haven't they just said thay they're pretty much done with the worlds, and they have all worlds. The story is pretty much done too. I may be wrong but it feels like I heard that they only have the gameplay, graphical touches, Co-op and more is left.

Maybe the KH3 release date theory was true.

I doubt it, I think KH3 will release in 2017 even if they have the story and worlds.

Haven't they just said thay they're pretty much done with the worlds, and they have all worlds. The story is pretty much done too. I may be wrong but it feels like I heard that they only have the gameplay, graphical touches, Co-op and more is left.

Maybe the KH3 release date theory was true.

I doubt it, I think KH3 will release in 2017 even if they have the story and worlds.

I've read that they've decided on all the worlds, but nothing that says they're finished. Also, in the most recent interview, Nomura said that he hasn't decided on the ending, or what to do with the secret movie. They still have quite a bit to go.
  • Like 1