Worst Game You Ever Pushed Through and Plat'ed Anyway

Bullstomp

Some people have mentioned it before, but Amnesia: Memories is the worst one for me so far. Thankfully it's only a few hours long with fast-forward, but those stories are utterly ridiculous (especially the 'cage' one, WTF). Honestly I can understand that VN is a genre that's well-liked by some people, but please explain to me how anyone can think this one is good.

• Like 1

Definitely Hyperdevotion Noire:Goddess Black Heart. As much as I like the Neptunia series, but this game was already so boring in itself, but like 30 hours of farming constantly the same thing over and over after the story took only 5 hours was way to much. Still, I wanted that plat...

6 hours ago, FFHannibal said:

Some people have mentioned it before, but Amnesia: Memories is the worst one for me so far. Thankfully it's only a few hours long with fast-forward, but those stories are utterly ridiculous (especially the 'cage' one, WTF). Honestly I can understand that VN is a genre that's well-liked by some people, but please explain to me how anyone can think this one is good.

You have to be in the right mindset. I liked Hatoful Boyfriend because the premise was so ridiculous. I never would have believed that such premises could be tackled pseudo-seriously in a VN, though, which made Amnesia awesome. 

It's a better Boxing Helena.

8 hours ago, Griffon234 said:

The worst game I have ever pushed through and platinumed has to be Ether One, without a doubt.

Not only is it boring, the story is garbage, it's extremely slow, and the bugs in it gave me such a headache. This is before even mentioning that for some reason the game gave me serious motion sickness, which I can't even fathom to explain why.

The critics really liked Ether One. Now, I know that can be taken with a grain of salt (particularly for games that touch on social issues), but so many people seem to hate that game. Are the bugs bad?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, starcrunch061 said:

The critics really liked Ether One. Now, I know that can be taken with a grain of salt (particularly for games that touch on social issues), but so many people seem to hate that game. Are the bugs bad?

The post by AuzzieWingman entails them better in his vent of frustration better than I could. :P 

Ive lost my save while playing the game before, similar to him for a reason I can't even remember why, but thankfully I recall I was near the start? So I didn't lose much progress.

Not sure about the bug on the final area, because as soon as I took a photo in the final area, I didn't even bother finishing the game because I got my platinum. I closed the game and deleted it instantly.

If you were planning to try it, the main determinant factors would be subjectivity of your tastes on walking simulators (I think they're utter shit now), and if you're susceptible to motion sickness. (I've not found a single other game that has triggered any kind of motion sickness for me for the entirety of the 18 years I've played games)

On 1/9/2017 at 8:22 AM, starcrunch061 said:

Deadly Premonition (just...wow)

This is honestly my favorite game of all time lmao.

On topic, Grim Fandango. I'd wanted it since it came out (in the early 2000's or something? It's been a while), but as it turns out, I really, really wasn't missing much. It didn't help that I ended up getting a bug and having to play an entire. chapter. over. Every other game I platted was at least moderately enjoyable.

• Like 1

This seems to be very obscure game, but compared to others, I would say this is the worst when it comes to trophy hunting. This game has allot of missions with very strict time limits (possibly worse then Simpsons: Hit & Run) and requires perfect precision in some of them. But to make things worse, your doing all of this in poorly controlled Hover Vehicles, that slip and slide making precision almost impossible and making loosing control so easy, that making a small mistake in a race, should just be an instant fail.

This is game was so f##king frustrating, that at times I almost gave up, or try and continue it later down the line. However, this game is so obscure that it's hard to come across and even GameFly was even making it unavailable for renting. That it made me decide to not let this game beat me, and so I pushed on through frustrations until I finally Platinum the game.

93049_front.jpg

My only big regret (other then wasting my time) was I didn't take a risk and break the disk, before I mailed the game back to GameFly.

olinkalex.png

Edited by olinkalex
  • Like 1

On 3/31/2017 at 4:18 AM, FFHannibal said:

I have this game on steam and I love it.  It's not supposed to be "realistic".  Plus, the art is beautiful.

Just to update if anyone cares I FINALLY managed to grind through Blac + Neptune.  Yep, still hate it because of that grind even if the game itself was good.

Lords of the Fallen, due to the fact that you have to finish the game three times and the aforesaid game is far from being fun to play. Murdered : Soul Suspect is another boring one since it's a collectible game.

I don't have Starwhal's plat yet. I can tell you the grind in that game is extremely tedious nonetheless.

Edited by gerboize

On 1/11/2017 at 9:24 AM, ObliviousSenpai said:

Goat Simulator - That flappy goat trophy is the single most ridiculous trophy I have ever seen in a game. What makes it so difficult is that the hitboxes are ridiculously large. Luckily there is a method to slightly lag the game so it is easier to time your jumps. 

Beyond: Two Souls - I decided to go with a blind playthrough my first time around and actually enjoyed the game, but I definitely should have had a guide from the start. Doing a blind playthrough resulted in me needing to do two more complete playthroughs instead of one. The miscellaneous trophies were also a bother since there are no skippable cutscenes. 

The flappy goat trophy made me want to hurl my controller out of a window! Come to think of it, my controller probably  would've flown better than that damned goat ;)

Yasai Ninja

I only chose to play this game because I needed a game that started with the letter "y" so I could platinum the entire alphabet from A-Z

Game suffers from excessive Frame rate drops/laggy, bad button response time, repetitive "Chinese style" music that's on a loop, horrible camera, lack of voice acting replaced with on screen text, poor combat, required local co op (luckily shareplay works), crappy level design, poor graphics, you name it! Anything and everything that could be wrong with a game is there

- Albedo , no comment

- Terminator Salvation, that damn robot sequence lol

- COD MWR , Mile High Club srsly (do it with no exploit and shitty broken PS4 controller can't even press L3 to run as i want, after this i bought Nacon controller lol)

-Everybody gone to rapture, glitchy trophy , slow walking and motion sickness, not sure why this game have very good score, i found it a torture.

I can decide not to go for a platinum very easily, if I'm not enjoying myself then I'll just quit and go for something else. Main game where I forced myself to complete it though I didn't like it at all any more would be Murdered: Soul Suspect. Ugh.

1 hour ago, Brightblade76 said:

Jak II.... piece of frustrating cr*p lol

I intended to do Jak 1-3 as a marathon... Got so fed up with 2 early on that I actually stopped for a while and had to make myself go back later. By the end I could not even make myself go through the troble of abusing a glitch for an hour or two to get enough orbs for a platinum... Same goes for 3.

Edited by BillyHorrible
decide, not devide
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

I can devide not to go for a platinum very easily, if I'm not enjoying myself then I'll just quit and go for something else. Main game where I forced myself to complete it though I didn't like it at all any more would be Murdered: Soul Suspect. Ugh.

I just have to say Murdered: Soul Suspect was so bad that even though it was relatively easy, I bought both the PS3 and PS4 versions on the cheap(separate trophy lists) and my PS3 version is collecting dust. I can't play that crap twice . . .

11 minutes ago, Bullstomp said:

I just have to say Murdered: Soul Suspect was so bad that even though it was relatively easy, I bought both the PS3 and PS4 versions on the cheap(separate trophy lists) and my PS3 version is collecting dust. I can't play that crap twice . . .

Yeah, it's sad really because I liked the idea behind the game, I liked what it was trying to do and I liked the story but so many stuff was executed so horribly in my eyes that towards the end it was a challenge to keep plowing through.

6 hours ago, Bullstomp said:

I felt the acting was pretty okay. It's when you get to the ending you realize it's someone you met at the very beginning. I wanted a true mass murderer and soulless, careless loner as the main antagonist. Not the being we ended up with.

I DONE it twice (proof is on profile). Watching a video guide from beginning to end for every collectible was a godsend. Thank you Harry94 for posting it.

6 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

Yeah, it's sad really because I liked the idea behind the game, I liked what it was trying to do and I liked the story but so many stuff was executed so horribly in my eyes that towards the end it was a challenge to keep plowing through.

What's even sadder is the studio who made the game is no longer in existence, and you still run into glitches (I played the PS4 version).

35 minutes ago, Intresseklubben said:

Teslagrad. At first I liked the art-style and the platforming. At first. After a few hours I was so sick of it.  So repetitive. So boring.

I've never been happier to delete a game from my console. 

Well if you hated the one gold trophy for going up while dodging electric barriers, I don't blame you.

I didn't like the fact that you get the platinum before you actually finish the game. Let me see the ending and maybe the credits, then reward me for my efforts.

-----

While not the worst game I've played, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD was pretty frustrating. It didn't help that the video guides I watched were posted before reverts were added via patch, so I ended up playing for nearly 10 hours before I even knew you could use reverts.

Terrible music selection, boring, lifeless environment, no personality, physics that have your skater fly through the freaking air like The Incredible Hulk or a Transformer just went and punched the guy in the stomach. It was a poorly made Tony Hawk game that lacked the creativity and genius of Neversoft. There are five or six songs you're going to hear countless times over and over again. Was Robomodo so cheap that they couldn't add more music from similar artists as the ones on Tony Hawk? I mean cmon Tony Hawk's Underground had a far better selection of music and that game came out in the early 2000s. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD came out in 2012 and it's a steaming pile of crap. Graphics are mediocre, controls suck and are clunky, some of the objectives and projectives were a complete utter pain to get, and so on. Skaters like Chad Muska were completely missing.

HORSE Multiplayer mode is missing. There are NO real life skater videos regardless of who you beat the game playing as. Tony Hawk's Underground had videos on lot less powerful consoles, and there was a story you can play which was at times, entertaining. That's also missing. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD was just a cash grab by Activision and Robomodo.

You can buy the DLC and get more areas to skate in and whatnot, but honestly, who cares on this website?

Once I earned the platinum last week, I deleted it off my PS3. I'll probably never play it again, unless I'm crazy enough to play it on another account just to say I earned the platinum twice.

Edited by Spaz

ICO. Well i don't have the plat yet, but this BS ends tomorrow.Screw whoever thought it would be a good idea to put a trophy where you have to complete the game under 2 hours.Controls are despicable,camera is even shittier and that chick is so irritating,i wish i could kill her like a Mudokon

EDIT.Finally got it.I had to do the last part twice cause apparently getting the watermelon ending cost me more time than i had to spare

Edited by sephiroth4424