Uncharted trilogy remaster will have new difficulty setting: Brutal

You thought Crushing was tough? Well, Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection will have something even worse: Brutal difficulty.

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2015/07/uncharted_the_nathan_drake_collection_will_boast_a_brutal_difficulty_tier_on_ps4

I'm kinda hoping there isn't trophies tied to it since I heard Crushing is pretty difficult as it is, but let's face it: there probably will be.

• Like 1

I thought Crushing was easy. I'm actually looking forward to this new difficulty mode, just as I was looking forward to Grounded mode on The Last of Us, as I thought that Survivor was cheap. And Grounded did end up being quite tough, but was extremely doable.

The only game I completed on Crushing was the original Uncharted (before trophies, unfortunately) and while there were some pretty difficult parts, I didn't find it frustratingly hard. For those who have played all the Uncharted games on Crushing, this gives them an incentive to play the games again. 

Parker

Possible spoilers in this comment.

1948be810ff98a0f7cedc71ce66e7e39.jpg

Uncharted 2's Lazarevic and Uncharted 3's djinn enemies....the only problem area in Uncharted will be the first zombie area. (at least I think it's the first one)

As long as they don't do something like scarce ammo and taking away checkpoints it shouldn't be too punishing?

Crushing mode was way too easy in U:GA, never played it on the other games though.

I've never played Golden Abyss unfortunately...but crushing has some really tough spots in 2 and 3. 

• Like 1

I thought Uncharted 3 was the easiest with regard to crushing :)

Although as Avatar_of_Battle has said

The Shades enemies by the fountain are going to be a major pain in the ass.  With regard to Uncharted 2, as long as the method of killing Lazarevic is still exploitable I don't see too many issues

Still, I may not get the Nathan Drake Collection as I've already done all three games (including all the MP stuff)

• Like 1

Use [ spoiler ] and [ /spoiler ] to hide them. Agreed about UC3 though, hardest game of the 3.

I didn't use a spoiler because I didn't find it "revealing" enough honestly. Plus if I use spoilers people might just look anyways to see what I said.

I learned that it's best to warn instead of hide. Although...no matter what someone would get mad. (not you just saying in general I've seen it in too many places.)

For UC3 I'm going to try and perfect RPG use lol. I remember using them on the djinns because guns got me killed too much.

I always dreaded the Crushing playthroughs of Uncharted 2 and 3. xD  Because there were definitely spots that were tougher than the rest, but there was always that impending feeling that I would get knocked off my game and randomly spend an hour struggling through a segment that I would normally just breeze through.

If I weren't pretty content sticking with my PS3 copies of the three games thus far... this would be both a frightening and interesting challenge. :)

Edited by PleaseHoldOn