Do you "rage quit" when playing online?

PleaseHoldOn

Ragequitting  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Do you quit when you're losing online?

• Yup, as soon as I realize the game is lost.
    • Nope, I'm a trooper. Stick it out 'til the bitter end.
    • Sometimes, depends on my mood.

I don't rage quit when playing online. Heck, I don't even rage when playing games and trophy hunting. Sometimes I wonder what the benefit is for smashing a controller just because someones loses a match online.

On 1/25/2017 at 2:48 PM, SarDarniTron said:

:unsure: The Rage AcT 3

broken.jpg

Poor PS2 controller -_-

• Like 1

On 1/29/2017 at 4:24 AM, Mournblade05143 said:

Only rage quit when I'm boosting and some of the boosters either don't listen or obvious they are there for themselves.

Yeah there is no point in helping someone out if they aren't willing to listen.

I reckon I'd rage quit on them too.

I probably did in the past, and there are some moments that i'm just sick and tired of trying to get a certain multiplayer trophy (looking at you Arkham Origins). But no I try not to.

Not just I like to keep my controller and TV in one piece, but I don't get too competitive, especially with games that have mediocre multiplayer like Ace Combat Assault Horizon, or even Killzone 3. Plus now there are games that punish you for leave a game early, like Overwatch and Dota 2.

Though I must say it really sucks in Online Co-op or 2 player game when my partner sudden leaves because of rage quit. For instance a while back i was trying to get the trophy, Holy Knockout Batman! in Injustice Gods among us, but every time I nearly win, the other player suddenly quits because he doesn't what the loses match to count in his tally. I guess people are more competitive in ranked match than I though.

Sometimes I do if the other players don't play fair. Like for ex. Star wars Battlefront those who played as Lando used his glitch to get a lot of kills. They would be 60-0 and everyone else on his team would have 10 kills or less. On the opposite team it would be 6-20 which is unfair to the enemy team and his team mates. They basically hog up all the points and don't share.  I'm glad they patched this because it was truly annoying.

• Like 1

• 5 years later...

I try and be a good sport.  Learn from losses and all that and I'll stick it out and put up a fight even if it's a loss.  But sometimes it's complete bullshit.  Like I'm playing Black Flag.  And I think some of these people have done nothing but play Assassin's Creed: Black Flag Multiplayer for the past 8 years.  They're Lv99 Prestige.  I've been playing for a week.  And it's not just a skill thing, I can handle that, played a lot fighting games with people way better than me.  But no, they have better gear.

But the thing that brings my rage to a boil, bad luck.  Like I'll die and respawn and my target will be on the other side of the map and I take like two steps and I'm dead.  Respawn and repeat.  Or having three hunters on me constantly.  So yea, if the game is going to be bullshit, I'll just leave.

• Like 1

It has happened, though it is far from common for me. Usually there are two possible reasons why I ragequit. Either A, I am playing for rank or towards a trophy goal and for whatever reason the current game will not grant me any progress towards that goal, and it is not the first one that day so I may quit it to get to the next game faster in order to at least have a chance to make some progress that day. Or reason B, I am genuinely angry at a teammate and do not want to spend another second on the same team with him, though for that to happen I have to be in a really bad mood already when dealing with a lowlife of a teammate, as I usually prefer to just return shitty behavior and get my fun by verbally abusing someone who clearly asked for it when having a good game is off the table due to the person in question.

• Like 1

In my entire gaming history I never rage quit in singleplayer or online game.

But some games are annoying/frustrating to play if you lose over and over in same place or can't beat section of game.

But don't give up and have patience and eventually you will succeed.

• Like 1

Yes i rage quit sometimes. When i get spawn-camped in a online shooter for example or when lady luck seems to hates me that day.

I dont break anything or punch my desk ? but just close the game and do something els for a while.

• Like 1

Nope, I've not rage quit to the point of damaging anything.

Yes, I have got frustrated with online recently - Assassin's Creed Brotherhood I'm looking at you - because of the servers not letting me online (game unreachable, if you know then you know) in the first place which has led to me giving up...but then, like a moth to a flame, I come back to it, the game servers decide to play nice because reasons that probably Ubisoft doesn't know, made some progress and around we go.

Yes, I have allowed myself to get upset by others being - let's say unkind or impatient, maybe lacking understanding online, but again I just quietly wished them luck and left. Though as a direct result of that, I have met some lovely online folk that saw it and wanted to just check I was ok plus I've learnt a lot about myself and others.

That said, I tried online multiplayer years ago but got tired of spawn, die immediately from more experienced players so pretty quickly got fed up of that and gave up for many years until recently dipping my toes in as a result of the boosting sessions on this site, which has been - on the whole - a much better experience than I feared. 

I have got frustrated from single player games, eg Dark Souls, I quickly realised I don't have the right skills for that kind of game, but I just walked away from that.

TL/DR - sometimes, dependent on circumstances, but never to the point of damaging anything (other than my ego ?).

• Like 1

I’ll threaten to rage quit, then I realise I’m playing with my mates and I don’t want to ruin their fun.

I have a mate who does it all the time and it dampens the group’s spirit a bit. I don’t want to be that person.

• Like 1

I try to avoid multiplayer unless it's something I enjoy simply because of utterly reliant not on my skill but the trust that others won't outright cheat or work against my progress and it can get boring after awhile plus I hate getting sucked in and ignore other games in my ever growing backlog

So rage quite nah more like I lose interest and quietly just let it go and move on after awhile nothing deserves to take up my whole life

• Like 1

I voted sometimes.

It happened mostly during the PS3 days while playing Uncharted 2 and 3 where you every now and then could face a full team of diehards when in a team with randoms yourself - on top of that, they often used cosmetics, giving them a significant damage boost to make matters worse.

Obviously frustrating and generally a waste of time, although admittedly it did improve your skills if you stuck with it.?

I'm sure I have a few times, but generally, I'll stay in and accept my beating. The worst is when you return to a game after a long break, making you rusty at it... and, of course, matchmaking pits you against a party of tryhards in your first match back. ?

Haven't actually played a multiplayer game in quite a while, though. There's just nothing that interests me, and my internet ain't the best.

I’ve come across a lot of angry players screaming on their mics in my day playing various online games. I mostly prefer single player because I just rather not deal with idiots, to put it bluntly. 

The only times I’ve come close to rage quitting was when a hacker/modder was obviously cheating. We’re talking invincibility and sniping players across the map regardless if they’re camping in a secure location using weapons that would be impossible to snipe with legit. First person shooters on the PC are notorious for having hackers. Consoles, while they have their share of hackers, don’t allow the modding and customization options that a PC has, so that limits what the hackers can get away with.

Edited by AJ_Radio
Hackers suck