what platinum are you going for?

Beyondthegrave07

The Last of Us Remastered. Had it in the backlog for ages and have decided to dust it off before the remake comes out. Only one trophy left and it's the multiplayer.

The game is showing its age in the graphics department and also the gameplay which is very janky and basic, but the narrative , the voice acting and atmosphere is still ahead of its time.

Grounded mode is the scariest the game has been since I first played it back in 2014. My first playthrough on Normal was scary because I didn't know what was coming but my Grounded (+) playthrough was scary because I knew exactly what was coming and was dreading doing it lol. 

But every encounter was nowhere near as tough as I predicted in my head (apart from the Financial District which had me raging).  The biggest thing I learned while playing on Grounded + is that most encounters can just be skipped by sneaking by which is why I'm glad I got the collectables/conversations on an easier difficulty so that I didn't have to clear rooms first.

As for the multiplayer...eh. I had heard only good things about factions but sit's a mixed bag. The modes are fun but the meta game punishes you for being good at it - those who have played factions know what I mean.

• 6 months later...

The Quarry (PS5). Even though the game has a guide on this website, I mainly used PowerPyx’s guides cause they’re more straightforward on what actions to make and how they set up on the trophies, with a vast majority of them being missable. That’s also why I’m working on a platinum walkthrough for the game to help the trophy guide make more sense in some areas or make the game easier to follow.

• Like 1

Currently wild arms 2 and kao the kangaroo. Kao i can probably knock out in 4-5 more hours but im kinda lazy about it. wild arms 2 i just did the raypoints so im about in the final act of the game, just doing a few quick trophies before heading to glaive le gable to finish the story, then its just the fab science lab and pirates warren and learning 10 red skills(saving this for last as i dont want a black screen plat image) and i have my plat.

Matterfall. Will be my 700th plat should I achieve it.

I'm liking the game so far, but the last boss is an absolute pain in the bum. And I haven't even played on Veteran or Master difficulty yet.

Edited by Godo Fwar