Would you start a game where the platinum is unobtainable?

BDJBS_

No, but that's because most of the games are stuff I'm not interested in anyways. I do plan on knocking out all my online trophies eventually though. :) Like I'm not really into sports games or stuff like that, so it's not like I'm intentionally avoiding them.

Plus, it seems a bit stupid to intentionally fuck yourself over from getting a chance to have an 100% completion rate, sorry for my vulgar language. Like I do intend to at least reach 100% at least once, so why would I ruin it by starting some game I have no interest in? :/ I'm not obsessed with trying to pick "safe" games, but I sure as hell am not gonna intentionally screw myself over. :)

Edited by DanteHellMode98
  • Like 3

Incase you and others have the wrong idea though, Techland fixed that issue like a year ago? It's almost been a year.

Yeah, but then, so much for people who wanted to get the platinum first, that early when the game released, and hell, get a stat on obtaining the fastest plat, missed that chance thanks to the bugged trophies. While due to Techland taking so damn long to fix the issue, people could just snatch that achievement from people who got the game long ago before. People who cared about trophies, just like some on this topic, could wait until the game got patched, and get the platinum as quickly as possible, and overtake the chance of others being able to have the faster earning of the plat just because the trophies were fucking broken. Unfair, because obviously people were stuck not being able to get trophies just because Techland couldn't fix their shit for a long ass time. I don't care about that shit, but I knew a lot of trophy hunters were obviously mad about that situation. Some had to restart their whole game even after the game got patched, so it didn't even "fix" their progress trophy/achievement wise. Thankfully that didn't happen to a lot, but it still happened to some. And yeah, you can plat the game now, but still. Even Techland managed to fuck up the Definitive Collection for the Dead Island games in some aspects.

Edited by Stevieboy
Quoted the comment I had edited, so had to edit that too.
  • Like 1

Yeah, but then, so much for people who wanted to get the platinum first, that early when the game released, and hell, get a stat on obtaining the fastest plat, missed that chance thanks to the bugged trophies. While due to Techland taking so damn long to fix the issue, people could just snatch that achievement from people who got the game long ago before. People who cared about trophies, just like some on this topic, could wait until the game got patched, and get the platinum as quickly as possible, and overtake the chance of others being able to have the faster earning of the plat just because the trophies were fucking broken. Unfair, because obviously people were stuck not being able to get trophies just because Techland couldn't fix their shit for a long ass time. I don't care about that shit, but I knew a lot of trophy hunters were obviously mad about that situation. Some had to restart their whole game even after the game got patched, so it didn't even "fix" their progress trophy/achievement wise. Thankfully that didn't happen to a lot, but it still happened to some. And yeah, you can plat the game now, but still. Even Techland managed to fuck up the Definitive Collection for the Dead Island games in some aspects.

Ok.. thats a bit irrelevant though. This is just about getting the platinum, nothing more. Not every platinum hunter even cares or aims for those awards. In fact, not even majority of platinum hunters even care for those.

Secondly, DL was among the least annoying in the general group because the glitch wasnt universal for everybody, and some ppl were still able to get platinum, as oppose to your consistently glitched games where almost noone can get platinum and your closed servers related platinums thats impossible to get.

So techland did most of the work on their remaster? Other pubs tend to do the remastering work, so you might not be able to blame them there. Generally its widely known nearly every remaster, if not all, comes with new bugs and glitches, including The Last of Us Remastered, Jak HD Collection, Nathan Drake Collection, R&C Collection, and so fourth. TLOUR.. of all games.. specifically has (yes as in still has it, unlike DL) an established collectibles trophy glitch that I believe the original did not have.

Edited by Mar

I can't say it would stop me entirely.  I like trophies and even more, like to finish what I've started in general.  There are some games though, where I go in knowing, or at least thinking I may not get the platinum but still load them anyway. Lastest evidence - Resogun, The BIT.TRIP, Catherine.

Sometimes I surprise myself and get caught by an "easy" game that I just don't enjoy (Legends of War) and don't want to finish and sometimes I get a plat I wasn't expecting (The Hungry Horde - I'll get it, just grinding now...)

But that is all part of the adventure and enjoyment of gaming :)

Edited by audiopile
  • Like 1

I agree 100% :)

Glitched trophies:

-The Whole Story

-Trespassing

-Now It's Safe

-It's all in the writing

after an eternity waiting people finally got platinum!

Some people are very competitive, while the others ,playing 500 games and they arent still interested on platinum's !  is a choice that each one does...

I wouldn't start a new game with unobtainable trophies, no. I raise my completion ratio since last year and i have enough games to play with achievable trophies  :)

But for that aim I do  some nasty things for that like mp trophies, dlc trophies or worst of all dlc mp trophies xD xD xD

But i have several games with unobtainable trophies because i don't own all games visible in my trophy list xD

I never achieve 100% but i want to go much higher than 70% which is next big step....

Edited by Evil_Joker88
  • Like 1

Only if I REALLY wanted to play the game just for the game. For instance, thought the platinum is not at all unobtainable, I recently played Shadow of the colossus, knowing full well I wouldn't get the platinum, but after reading so much about it, how could I not try it out? :)

Now that I have a 90%+ completion percentage, my answer would probably be no because I want to try and keep it above 90% at all times now. I thankfully only have one unobtainable Platinum trophy on my list (EA Sports FIFA Football) and probably don't want to add another one.

I am thinking about playing Resistance 2 (unobtainable Platinum trophy) on a secondary account just for the story, and then going for the Resistance 3 platinum on my main account.

If people don't want unobtainable trophies on their profiles, there are always secondary accounts :)

Probably not. Unless it's a game that had online for a really long time and shut it off a while later.

But buggy trophies/online servers which close in a year kind of stuff, I refuse to support that garbage. (I also don't really like sports games either.)

For the game which has unobtainable online trophy due to server closing (so far I'm kind of interested in the Resistance series), I could just play the singleplayer on another account.

If it's because of the game's difficulty or bug. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Plus on Vita comes to mind, but I would rather get the PS3 version which is obtainable, better control, also on PS3 I can switch to another account to play it and don't have to worry about grinding.

Still I can't think of that many games that I'm interested in but have the platinum unobtainable.

Would you start a game before 2009?

This is a different matter because there are lots of old games I'm interested in so I could just play it for fun without worrying about unobtainable/missable trophies at all. While people was complaining about the Siren game for PS+ I was super excited for it. Good game always remains good regardless of trophies.

Edited by PliskinCobra

The fact this question exists makes me wonder why certain people even continue to play video games.

I personally don't play this way, but I don't see anything wrong with people purely playing for trophies. Their life, their games, they get to have fun in whatever way they'd like. Just cause it's different doesn't mean it's wrong.

I also would say 100%. I don't buy games for trophies in the first place so that kinda excludes me from the group of people this would concern but I have plenty of games I have in the 80%-95% on my profile that I'm simply not good enough/can't be bothered to get for a platinum or 100%. If I feel like I've gotten every trophy in a game that I can get within my skill/that isn't a total utter nightmare than I'm satisfied. 

Always have played games for fun and always will. I could care less for the completion percentage rate. Of course, i check on the most occasions if the game i'm going to buy has an achievable platinium BUT that does not stop me for playing the game if it is fun. Currently, i have only two games in my list which their platinium is unobtainable: Black Ops II, which list i'm going to "dry" when i have time and UFC Undisputed 2010 (my brother played it on my account and i really dislike the game). I didn't count the games such Game of Thrones or The Walking Dead (not too much interest on buying the resting episodes) or that abhored portuguese version of Knights of the Zodiac (my PS3 didn't even read the damned disc).

Yes, I would, if it was a game that I really wanted to play. It would be sad not be able to attain the platinum, if I liked the game a lot, because it always feels special to platinum a game that you love, but, on the other hand, being a trophy hunter and starting a game that you know you won't be able to platinum already shows a lot of love for that game.

That's kinda sad if all you care about from a game Platinum.

I don't think he would bother listing all the games just to prove he only cares about Plat.

Not to mention Chrono Trigger, no way someone could not like that game =D

Though... those games do not have a Plat in the first place, kinda irrelevant to the thread  :unsure: