Would you start a game where the platinum is unobtainable?

BDJBS_

Just like the topic states,if you have a game and you know the platinum is unobtainable,would you start it and earn all trophies apart from the ones you obviously can't get? For me,an example would be Blackops 2. Back when the plat was obtainable,I used to play on an older account in which I had the Big Leagues trophy on

• Like 1

Yeah. I don't really care about trophies if I like the game. Might be a bit risky for me playing a game I might not like, then have it pop on my profile, and then knowing it's either a platinum I don't wanna put too much effort into getting, or that it might be unobtainable at that point. But rarely have I bought and played a game knowing how and what the the trophies are, so I don't really pay attention to them. I only do if it's some sort of remaster, port, etc. I can't reach 100% completion rate on my profile anyways, I got some unobtainable trophies that I cannot obtain at this point due to it being too late. I would like to reach a completion rate higher than 80%, but that can definitely happen, so I ain't worried about any uncompleted stuff.

Edited by A Flopping Brawl3r
  • Like 1

would you start it and earn all trophies apart from the ones you obviously can't get?

? This is a completely different question than what the title asks. In rare scenarios I might play a game with an unobtainable plat, but I'd never pursue the other trophies -- I'm a platinum hunter, not a trophy hunter.

Edited by GIONAScm2
  • Like 1

Ehh, probably on an alternate account. I'm not a completionist by any means, but starting something that you know you can't platinum just doesn't feel right.

I don't like playing on an alt account either, so if possible i'd get the game on another platform instead.

Edited by xZoneHunter
  • Like 1

Well, unobtainable platinums mostly pop up in the games with MP elements, and I already steer clear of those.

That being said, in a rare ocassions I end up with such a game I'm not bothered that much. I've already started a few LBP games with the full knowledge I won't plat them ever, and if a game is too troublesome for me to plat, I just try to go as far as I can in terms of the completion. As long as the game has an A rank in my profile, I will be content... still need to work on that, by the way.

? This is a completely different question than what the title asks. In rare scenarios I might play a game with an unobtainable plat, but I'd never pursue the other trophies -- I'm a platinum hunter, not a trophy hunter.

Maybe I should've made it clearer in the title,since usually when someone "starts a game" on this site,I'd assume that they'd be attempting to earn all trophies.

I usually prefer to get games with 0 online trophies or online trophies that are easy to obtain. Personally I want to have the choice to have a 100% on my profile... and feel that I have a goal. 

I suffer from depression which causes me to have a bad attention spam with games so having the possibility of 100% helps me with having a goal and not stopping playing a game I enjoy playing.