Would you start a game where the platinum is unobtainable?

BDJBS_

Sure if I wanted to play it. I played Fenix Furia a few months ago and 3 trophies are bugged and unobtainable. I still tried every possible workaround I could think of but I couldn't get them to pop. I knew it was likely going in though so it's not a huge deal. 

Also, it isn't unobtainable per-se, but I started Necrodancer knowing full well I wouldn't go for 100%. I probably played 160+ hours and really enjoy the game, but have no interest in spending the time to actually plat it. 

• Like 1

Nope. There are no shortages of games with obtainable platinums that I haven't played yet, with new games being released all the time. If I haven't started a game by the time the servers are shutdown it's probably not that important to me in the long run.

2 hours ago, djb5f said:

If it was a game I really wanted to play, then yes definitely.  Like The Last of Us Part II, etc, etc.

If it was a game that I was only marginally interested in, I would probably pass as I have a healthy backlog of games as is.

And let me add, I see it no differently than games that are really difficult and/or time-consuming in which I have no plans to get the Plat like Red Dead Redemption 2.  In no way would I avoid playing a game because of that.

• Like 1

I absolutely would. I try to plat every game that I play, but don't always succeed. Like many have said, I'm never happy about it when I can't get a plat, whatever the reason (either by 'unobtainability' or just my own skill limitations).

I also don't both with an "alt" account - I have my account, and I play my games on it. Trophies give me some extra goals when playing the games I want to play, but I don't even usually look at the trophy list until I boot up the game for the first time.

• Like 3

I do it only to break my obsession with trophies. I'd rather play an unobtainable plat than a game without one (I know, I'm weird). Currently working on not finishing Ninja Gaiden Sigma+2, even though I have so much hope that I can get the plat. And yes I'm aware its "impossible ".

Edited by RoxasOnFire
Spelling
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Emina said:

Yes I would do that, I’m not prepared to limit myself just because I cannot achieve a platinum. I will play anything that looks interesting and whatever trophies I can’t pop...oh well 1f643.png

My thoughts exactly

• Like 1

On 8/4/2016 at 0:12 PM, Dragon-Archon said:

I'd probably play it on an alternate account.

I agree completely. Alternate accounts are the testing ground for a lot of games for me. I test some games to make sure they are polished, but more importantly I test them to see if I like them. I only represent games I enjoyed on my main account and that are able to be completed. They don’t have to be ultra rare or even difficult, they just have to be fun to me. 

Edited by VoidVictorious

No, I want to have as high completion as I can and I still have plenty of incomplete games on my list from before I started trophy hunting that I won't even try to complete like elder scrolls online(I regret starting this game so much, I don't like it and it's just to big of a grind for me lol?). I would be too annoyed by the fact that I can't get 100% and if I really liked the game I would just play it on my alt account.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I wouldn't. I'm not the kind of person to go for as money trophies as possible and playing games because the trophies are easy, but to complete every game I play. And not being able to complete a game not because of a lack of skill but simply because there is no possible way to do so, would trigger me so damn much