Hello Games break their radio silence... and then immediately disappear again.

madbuk

So the new claim is the server got hacked. So anything sent by email could also be misinformation.

Well, those tweets read like Sean Murray wrote them at least. 

Hey, on the plus side, they're finally saying something!

This just makes it worse though.

Internet found out I was lying through my teeth and scammed them? Best remain silent and not explain anything at all!

Internet are angry at my silence? Guess I'd better keep being silent!

An employee tweeted something negative? How important, guess I need to speak up!

He needs to sort out his priorities imo. People are still waiting for an explanation as to why so many promised features are missing...

This just makes it worse though.

Internet found out I was lying through my teeth and scammed them? Best remain silent and not explain anything at all!

Internet are angry at my silence? Guess I'd better keep being silent!

An employee tweeted something negative? How important, guess I need to speak up!

He needs to sort out his priorities imo. People are still waiting for an explanation as to why so many promised features are missing...

If they were victims of the big LinkedIn hack, and then didn't go and change their passwords, they're morons. 

Great patience from the hackers though, if true. That's some dedication. That, or they didn't realise they had the password for HG for a while. 

At least this reminded me to change my LinkedIn password. I'd forgotten to do that before. 

Well that tweet was pretty much the first honest and truthful thing to come out of that account. :P

I find it funny that Sean Murray has only now bothered to speak up. Too busy spending all that cash he conned out of people. ;)

He doesn't bother explaining himself for all of his lies, but he just has to clear up this misunderstanding because it would make him look bad or something. A bit too late for that...

Edited by Undead Wolf

^

On the flip side, it's the first statement in months from a developer who made (probably) the most controversial release this year in an industry which we are all passionate about (I assume, because, well, look at where you're reading this!) and is a breaking story while we wait for the truth to come out. 

So yeah, we're going to dissect it. :P;)

I'm sure most people know by now that No Man's Sky was... a controversial game. After months of hearing absolutely nothing from the developers (apart from a tweet or two saying something generic like 'we're working on a patch') they finally tweeted again. And then their Twitter account was made private.

Zr8BQK8.png

VmyRpbH.png

Does this mean that NMS isn't getting the promised base building patch/potential DLC?

XmzNcC3.png

Makes it appear that someone found his personal email, used LS to go through his LinkedIn account info, and the password worked for his twitter and email.

Their account may be hacked. Who would tweet something like that about your own game? Even Randy Pitchford didn't do that to Aliens: Colonial Marines.

ericperez18.png

Knowing how Sean has been in the past, I wouldn't be surprised if this is him saying it was a mistake making the game because of all the negative attention he is getting. Not so much a "I admit the game was bad" but "I regret putting myself in the public eye."

CmyXY4jWcAAt9J5.jpg

My money is on the guy second last on the right, with the glasses.   While the rest are delirious they got away with it all, he looks like the sheer weight of BS is too much for him, I had dreams once he's thinking...a reputation, integrity...then I met Sean.   Isn't that right Sean?   'Yeah.'   :P

• Like 3

My money is on the guy second last on the right, with the glasses.   While the rest are delirious they got away with it all, he looks like the sheer weight of BS is too much for him, I had dreams once he's thinking...a reputation, integrity...then I met Sean.   Isn't that right Sean?   'Yeah.'   :P

You Sir....deserve a medal :lol:  :lol:

• Like 2

I seriously don't get this hate. I finally got to play No Man's Sky, and it's god damned amazing. Keep in mind, I paid absolutely zero attention to any previews, interviews, whatever, related to the game. I don't do "hype", no one should.

I'm glad you liked the game. Apparently, lots of people that bought it do not share your view that it is "god damned amazing". I don't really know why it would be difficult to "get this hate".